Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: so excited!

so excited!

I FINALLY found "The World's Best Cat Litter" at my pet store!!
    Haven't opened yet I just opened a box of OdorLockers. I told the salesclerk I don't care what you have to do but I want a bag of that!
    Can't wait to try it!
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Good luck with the new litter! Let me know how it works out. I still swear by my Pearl crystal litter.
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

I've heard good things about the quality of the pearls, but isn't it expensive???

Oh wait, what am I saying??? This is for my kitties - and my only reason for having a job and making money is to support them in the style to which they are accustom - silly me!
    "Until one has loved an animal, a part of one's soul remains unawakened" - Anatole France

Oh, I just love the Worlds Best Cat Litter! Clumps so well and is safely flushable (BONUS!)

Kedi, Wylie, Rudy, and the dog Scout!

I'm a Worlds Best.... fan too. Won't change.
    I haven't heard of OdorLockers, but from the website it looks expensive. Let us know what you think of that (before you change to the Best)

Picked up a bag of "World's Best..." this weekend and we are trying it out. Apparently someone likes it ... Someone ripped into the bag and spread it/wallowed in it before I got it in the pan. Trying to convince myself this is a good sign.

It reminds me a lot of S'Wheat, but seems to clump better.

When we tried Litter Pearls the odor control was great, but the little pearls got EVERYwhere and were a mess to clean. How do you control the 'kicking out of the box' mess?
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

Last time I tried a new cat litter - one or more than one cat decided they didn't like it. Is this new litter really fine grain. The clump litters are like that and I guess my cats don't like that feel on their feet. They like diamonds - and still think they're diamonds Quote from my very favorite commerical Of course if it's more convenient for Mom it just can't be good

[ December 10, 2001: Message edited by: purrley ]

Where do you get it??? I don't they have it at the Petsmart by me....anyone have any ideas?
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Check out their website -- see the list of stores that carry it.

World's Best ...
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Ammber, when I first brought home a bag of Worlds Best, both my cats wanted to taste it- I guess because it's made from corn. That was okay though, it's non-toxic and harmless, which is another bonus.

As far as the litter pearls, they worked pretty good, bought I kept finding those things all over the house. I even would find them IN my bed....ouch!

Dear Yorkster,

Thanks, that is reassuring. The first evening, once I finally got it in the cleaned out box, there were lots of paw prints through it. As of this morning, they are finally feeling free to use it as 'advertised'. It seems to be really good on odor control, although this is early to say...

I really liked LP, but the little pearls rolled everywhere and were very difficult to clean up. They seemed very static sensetive(?), would cling to the sides of things and would adhere to Sassy's poofy tail. I was using this litter once when I was travelling with the fur-kids. My relative complained she was still sweeping up LPs for months after we left. We switched back to our original litter (especially when travelling!).

I haven't had a problem with the Pearls being all over the house. Some of them do gather around the litter box after awhile, but I just sweep them up every so often.

I think I lucked out because my cat is a neat freak. Although she does love to dig a lot in her litter box, she manages to keep most of it in there. I buy the Low Tracking kind so the crystals are bigger and never get stuck on her.
    Alyson

Maybe that's the key. They were really new when we tried them ... I don't remember a low-tracking option even being available.

They don't seem static-y any more? I'd try to sweep them up and roughly 1/3 would adhere to the broom. Very messy last time I tried em. Sounds like they've improved.

Aly.....your cat is a neat freak? You are so lucky! My 2 boys are messy as heck. Maybe boys are messier or something- I don't know......

I too noticed that the crystals were statticy (spellcheck there). maybe they are better now, or maybe it's once again my messy boys.

They must've improved it because I don't have a problem with it being static-y at all.

The only problem with having a neat freak cat is if I don't scoop out the poop as much as she would like, she'll go to the bathroom outside the box But she always does it right next to the box, never anywhere else. Another good thing about her is she doesn't like ANY human food except tuna so she's not a beggar when people are trying to eat. I love my oddball cat
    Alyson