Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Porch Pictures (Around 35 or so)

Porch Pictures (Around 35 or so)

Here are some new pictures of Major.

They will be really mixed up..sorry, Photobucket was getting messed. More to come.

Also, do you think he looks too skinny?

-thank you Poppy for the avatar.

R.I.P. Hanson. You will never be forgotten, and we await the day to see you once again. The imprint you left on my heart will never fade - your big beautiful brown eyes, your big soggy kisses...

aww! what adorable pics!!!

he could stand to gain a few pounds... but i dont think he is in dire need!

Thanks for sharing!

Carly

major is really cute. I think he could gain a little bit of weight but not too much because he isn't very skinny!

I gave him his water bowl and he knocked it over.

How come water was spilled down there??

R.I.P. Hanson. You will never be forgotten, and we await the day to see you once again. The imprint you left on my heart will never fade - your big beautiful brown eyes, your big soggy kisses...

He was stretching but my timing was off

About to fall over...he's done this before...never realizes...

Major, you are SUCH a handsome young boy!!!! GREAT pics of him!!!!!!

I didn't notice it really until you asked, but yes, he does look pretty skinny... Maybe try to fatten him up a little bit? How old is he now?

Thanks for the compliments!!

How much more food a day do you think I should give him? Right now he's eating a good 2 and a half cups. We THINK he is about 5 and a half months but we don't know for sure.

Such a handsome boy! I think he could do with a few more pounds. If he's active he'll burn off his food much quicker than when he was younger. Arthur and Anna are up to 6 cups of food a day if you can believe it! But they're active enough, so they're not getting fat and are maintaining definition. Is he still on puppy food? We're mixing adult with puppy right now. 2 cups adult, 1 cup puppy. Piggies. hehe

I can't believe how big Major is getting tho! He's turning into such a gorgeous dog!
    "He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
    -- Immanuel Kant

Major you are majorly adorable!

I don't think he looks too skinny but my Sadie came to me full grown so I never had to wonder how much to feed a growing dog. He looks healthy to me, and extremely happy!

he does not look skinny at all, he looks perfect, but then I cant stand the sight of a fat dog lol when I was at the lake jasper and angle drove me nuts because they are so FAT, like seriously angels head is smaller then her body and you cant even begin to feel that dogs ribs! jasper is not THAT bad but still fat. if you can feel his ribs without pressing at all then he is not fat, and if cant see his ribs and can feel just a very slight layer of fat just covering his rib cage then he is not to thin. lol sheesh if many of you guys thing major is to thin you must think happy is REALLY underweight.
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

Activeness: He sleeps some during the day, not too much at night though But anyway, I give him at least 1 good walk a day, usually 2 and we play...AND he goes crazy about once or twice a day and does a couple really fast laps. We don't have him on puppy food anymore. It just got changed about...2 weeks ago or so.

Just saw the other two posts. Thank you ,first of all.

Cali: I always get mixed messages. Maybe since some think he's too skinny, and you think he's just right, I'll give him a LITTLE bit more food and see if that makes it better

Edot: The reason I asked in the first place is because you can sort of see his ribs in this one. Look carefully.

Look at his tail.

Are major's ribs pretty visible all the time? That's usually what I go by. No one wants Major overweight, but sometimes pups can burn calories faster than you realise. If his ribs are quite visible, you might want to consider upping the food a smidge. Don't feed him 10 cups a day, obviously! But maybe add another half or quarter of what you feed him now per feeding.

But then, it's up to you, really. Do YOU think he's a little skinny? After all, he's your baby, not ours. Do what you think is right.
    "He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals."
    -- Immanuel Kant

No, they aren't visible that often. It usually depends how he is laying and whatsoever. I think...he is a maybe a TINY bit too skinny, my mom however thinks he is WAY too skinny. I don't want people thinking I'm starving him