Thread: Fish at Walmart...

Fish at Walmart...

I was really saddened tonight. When I went to Walmart to get some stuff for Tiny Tim tonight, I took a look at their tanks. In EVERY single tank there were at least 2 dead fish just floating there, sometimes 4 or 5. I think that's horrible, and all I could think of was those poor fishies having to swim around with dead carcasses everywhere.

Anna--

You have NO IDEA how many times I have complained to that Wal-Mart about their fish!
    Just about 2 weeks ago I went in there to check out the Betta's and someone had opened a container of fish food and put a handful in EACH betta cup. I got the manager and WATCHED him change all the water.
    Sad, but not much else I can do other than take them all home, which I would love to, but just don't have the room for.
    Wal-Mart should not sell fish, period.

My Wal-Mart here doesn't sell fish. I am glad of that considering most of them don't take care of the fish.

i get people coming into my work all the time complaining about how walmarts fish infected their tank/s with ich or bacterial infections like fugus's and rots... ugh..

the fish there are not the healthies, and the tanks water is in poor quality ph wise. the ammonia levels are through the roof.. plus their staff are not knowledgeable at all about fish. they will sell an Oscar with four neons and a betta, then they wonder where all the small fish went off too.. *rolleyes*... they are so ignorant there...
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

That is sad.

I got two frogs today at PetCo and their fish seemed a lot better than when I was there last time.

I hate seeing all those dead fish. Its so sad.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

...................(!?!)

I'll check mine...!! *marching over to wal-mart..* *sigh!* I cry over them..
    rest and sleep softly sweet locke..

When mamma lived in the US, there was a WalMart near, and their tanks were clean looking... and all the fish seemingly swimmed happily! That's were mamma bought her first betta... 2 days later it was dead. So, even if it looks clean, it might not BE too clean... mamma never got a fish at WalMart again!
    Thank you joanofark for my fab new avatar!

I'll never buy fish from there again. We got a load of fish from there a while back, some very pretty ones. Spent lots of money. They all died within weeks!

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Ugh! That's what they get for having hundreds of overstocked tanks. Whenever I see a dead fish in a tank, I tell them, and they just scoop it up and pretend not to be embarrassed.

wal-mart's fish are always gross! they just don't care and it' really sad.
    Owned by two little pastries!

REST IN PEACE GRACIE. NOT A DAY GOES BY THAT I DON'T MISS YOU.

I hate how WalMart treats their fish.

I went there a while b ack to see if there was a betta to rescue (there weren't ANY bettas, so hopefully they stopped selling bettas) But there was a sick looking Bala Shark (I think thats what they're called) that I would have l iked to take home, but considering how big they get I couldn't.

Chrissy [human] Snowy [bichon/maltese] Buttons ['tiel] Bubbles [CT betta]

-the zoo crew-
    RIP Taffy, Fluffy, Rainbow, Sushi, and The Fishies
    thatDARNhorse <3

yay! went to my walmart nearby my college for baby clothes and checked...there's not a one betta bowl.. *whew*
    rest and sleep softly sweet locke..

All the Walmarts I have been to, there were TONS of dead fish in each tank! It was so sad and disgusting! I think that the Aspca, or any animal cops around the areas NEED to go to any place that sells pets. It its so sad, some day I want to go to a Walmart-type place and adopt all the sick fish and let them have a happier end in life...

At the old Wal-Mart I saw dead fish all the time. We have a Super Wal-Mart now though, and I've never seen a single dead fish. However, the bettas usually look sick, and I their staff is very unknowledgable. You really can't blame the staff though -- Wal-Mart doesn't put you into a section of the store based on your experience. I know several people that work there who've often been placed in the pet section even thought thee know nothing about animals and begged to be placed in another section. People really dislike working in the pet section because people constantly complain about the fish conditions. I wish Wal-Mart would just stop selling fish.
    I've been BOO'd!

Originally posted by wolfsoul
    Wal-Mart doesn't put you into a section of the store based on your experience. I know several people that work there who've often been placed in the pet section even thought thee know nothing about animals and begged to be placed in another section. People really dislike working in the pet section because people constantly complain about the fish conditions.
    I agree. Though it's not only walmart. I've also gone to petsmart and had some encounters with clueless employees in the fish section. When Harold was sick, I went and asked for Maracyn-2. The person just started at me and said, "What's that?" and I said, "A fish medication." They just kept staring, and then said, "Uhhhh, hold on one second..." And went to get another clueless person who just stood in a portion of the fish section, played with a few supplies on their hangers, and just said, "I don't think we carry it. Nope, we dont." and then walked away.