Thread: Pesto Switzer has an announcement!

Pesto Switzer has an announcement!

Hi everyone. I hope we haven't been gone so long that everyone forgets who we are!

Today we went to the Humane Society and adopted a 10 week old kitten. Pesto has taken it fairly well, given that she is her mom and dad's little princess! They are currently seperated until we can take the little boy to the vet (tomorrow), and likely longer. Pesto came to the shelter with us and met her little brother, and we are so proud of her for being such a big girl. She did not hiss or growl, she just observed. She is a little upset, and won't come out from behind the computer desk, but when I reached my hand back she licked my fingers a few times. Little Mooo (her brother) is very loving and affectionate already, and seems very happy to be with his new parents. So everyone cross your fingers that we have a smooth transition!

[ November 22, 2001: Message edited by: pam_pesto ]
    Momma to a cat and a cow.

Congratulations to you, too Little Mooo and most of all to Princess Pesto, for deigning to share her kingdom with a minimum of fuss. Extra treats all around, I say!
    I've Been Frosted

I wish you the Best with new kitty Mooo !!
    Sounds like it won't be too long before both
    Pesto & Mooo will work it all out.
    Like the way you're going about intro-ing
    the new baby into the family .
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Thanks. I thought I should update, that we have decided to go with "Moomoo" as his name instead. It is easier to say!
    Freckles-- I have been swamped-- first in the summer with working as much as I could to pay for school, and now with school work. It is much worse than last year. Without Pesto I would go crazy! I will go and add the baby to the list. I really hope things work out here, because I can't imagine having to take him back. Please, everybody pray that Pesto will be a good big sister to her new little brother!

We have taken pictures, but we just got him today so they haven't been developed yet. Hopefully soon! Moomoo is primarily white with black cow patches. He has a black area under his chin, and his tummy is mostly white, but on his back and leg he has cow patches. He seems very loving and affectionate. As soon as I have a picture I will post it, I promise.

That is more or less the way little Moomoo looks, except he is white and black.
    I slept out in the living room with Pesto last night. We have not let her in the bedroom with us to sleep for a long time, so I wasn't sure what to expect. She was actually a very good girl-- she made me so proud. I had a horrible sleep, but that was more because I was nervous with her running around-- I'm not used to it! She only woke me up once, and otherwise she was a very respectful little girl. She has been so good so far; she is making her parents so proud. She met Moomoo at the Humane Society-- the staff there held him up to her while she was in her cage. She didn't growl, hiss, or anything! She craned her neck a little to get a closer look. In the car ride home he meowed (or mooed) the whole time, and she just took it in stride. Last night he started to meow from the other bedroom-- again, Pesto just ran over to the bedroom door to investigate. Hopefully she continues to be such a big girl!

Pam, welcome back!

That Pesto was so well behaved at the HS I think bodes well for her future acceptance of her new little brother!

Can't wait to see those photies!

Congratulations to the proud parents and brave big sister!!!!
    Sounds like it won't be long before they're running around, knocking things over and making sure mommy and daddy get no sleep whatsoever!

Pam, good to have ya back!

Many thanks to Kay for the fabulous sig!