Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Today is day one of my Slimfast diet :( :) I need encouragement!!

Today is day one of my Slimfast diet :( :) I need encouragement!!

Oooook my husband and I decided yesterday that it was time to get off our rear ends and start losing some weight. I've got 25lbs to lose and he has about 20lbs or so.
    We have started the slimfast plan, replacing two meals a day with the shakes. We are planning on going to the gym 5x a week to do cardio and weight training. I am also going to start taking CLA tommorow, and depending on how I feel, he might start taking that too, we can get it pretty cheap here on base.
    Soooooooo, I have gone on this diet once before and it worked miracles, but I always have a hard time sticking to it. We have decided to allow ourselves one cheat meal a week. This week it will be on Sunday for our 4th of July cook out.
    Pllllllease give me encouragement. I thought about posting a now picture and then later posting my results, but I don't wanna scare anybody I'm currently 5'4"(about) and approximately 147lbs. I wear a size 13 juniors jeans and that is just not right
    WISH ME LUCK!!!!
    Visit my website to learn about fabulous kitchen gadgets and cookware! www.pamperedchef.biz/melissawendl

I guess I should add that I'm trying to lose weight just so that I'm healthier. I couldn't really care less about being "Pleasantly Plump"
    Visit my website to learn about fabulous kitchen gadgets and cookware! www.pamperedchef.biz/melissawendl

Well Good Luck! I bet you'll do great.

And I surely don't think your picture would scare anyone.
    At one time I was 153 and I'm only 5'2" Now that's scary

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

You can do it! I'll be your constant reminder for ya. I really need to do something also. Maybe you can kick me in the butt also.

I did join Curves and was doing super good for awhile. I even lost 15 pounds but now I'm in a funk and can't seem to get myself back there.

I hate all the weight issues. Drives me crazy!!!

I'll be here for ya if you feel like talking about it. I have a lot more weight to lose than you. So lets help each other out.

You should also talk to Kimmy (ramanth). She was doing the slimfast diet and it is working really well for her. She seems really dedicated to it and looks fabulous!! Keep it up, Kimmy! I hope she doesn't mind me mentioning that

Oh well, best of luck and I'm here for ya....lets motivated each other!!

Robin

Ok....I just read what size you are and I would be so thrilled to be that size. But I know that everyone has there own self body image. If I post my full size pic of me than maybe you won't fee so bad....lol

Ok, well here is me... I need all the encouragement I can get. I'm already contemplating skipping the gym today and swimming some laps at the pool instead, that's exercise, right?

I pasted over my coworkers for their privacy.

Swimming is great excersice, it's great cardio and it also helps to tone your body. If you swim instead of going to the gym don't feel bad about it at all.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

I think you look great, but feeling great is even more important.

When I need to make myself feel better, I eat healthier, but I need to be accountable. So, I made a food journal and had to look at what I put in my mouth each day.

You could do the same thing with food as you do excercise. Post it here or put it on your mirror at home....basically anywhere you'll have to stare at it.

Good luck!
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Originally posted by NoahsMommy
    I made a food journal and had to look at what I put in my mouth each day.
    This is a super idea. I did the same thing and it worked awesome!

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

That is quite all right Robin.

You can do it Sirrahsim!!

I started Slim Fast a little over a month ago and lost 10 lbs initially and am now losing about a pound or 2 a week.

When I started I was 150 lbs at 5'6". I had just bought new clothes and couldn't fit in them!

I'm now down to around 135 lb. and am so happy that I fit in my clothes again. It's all I wanted.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Good luck. I think you look terrific already, but being healthy and feeling good about yourself is important, too.

More power to you!

Can I suggest only weighing once a week (daily fluxuations are FRUSTRATING) but posting your daily exercises successes here as a reinforcement?

Good luck to you both.
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

Originally posted by NoahsMommy
    I think you look great, but feeling great is even more important.
    I couldn't have said it better myself, Kelly.

Good luck, I am sure you can do it!

hmmm my attempt at making my sensible meal for today didn't go very well... I first tried to turn on our big gas grill to make up some grilled chicken breasts, but I've never used the thing before and it made a scary hissing sound that I'm not entirely sure is normal.... soooooo I pulled out our George Foreman grill and put a chicken breast on there while making some broccoli and cauliflower on the stove. Well, I somehow managed to cook the outside of the chicken to the consistency of leather without fully cooking the insides, and I didn't cook the veggies long enough, but hey, it's my first try at making something healthy. I'd prefer to whip up a pan of lasagna or spaghetti everyday, but that is partly what got me into this position in the first place.
    *sigh* have I lost any weight yet?

by the way, I tossed the undercooked chicken, but ate the slightly crunchy veggies anyway

edit: I can't spell today!!

Sirrahsim, I also think you look fine the way you are!! But like NoahsMommy said, it's good to FEEL good as well..

Good luck!!! ^_^

Just wondering.. what are some good exercises to burn leg fat?

Originally posted by BCBlondie
    Just wondering.. what are some good exercises to burn leg fat?
    Sadly I don't think you can "spot" burn fat. I think that your body will just burn fat wherever it feel like taking it from. There are some great exercises for toning legs though! I love the movements from Winsor Pilates. They make my legs sore for a few days afterwards, but I think it's well worth it. The "clams" are a particularly painful exercise, but those movements tighten up my legs after just a few workouts.