Thread: Little bumps?

Little bumps?

Major has these little bumps on his head...I was wondering, could they be mosquito bites? The mosquitos are really bad here and I have many, many itchy bites myself. Do they show up on dogs? It certainly looks about the size of a bite, but...I don't know. It's weird, I feel them with my finger and you can see them. I only noticed it in the last couple days but thought it was some water splash or something because he had just drank.

-thank you Poppy for the avatar.

R.I.P. Hanson. You will never be forgotten, and we await the day to see you once again. The imprint you left on my heart will never fade - your big beautiful brown eyes, your big soggy kisses...

Absolutely could be mosquitos. They are really bad up here too and lots of my dogs have them too.

Check at your local feed store. I use a horse mosquito repellant that is safe for dogs too.

edit--Do you have ticks in your part of Saskatchewan? My family lives in the far south east corner of the province and they have to check their dogs several times a day for ticks during the summer months.
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

What do the bumps look like? Are they red & forming scabs? I was just curious because Wicket (my Lhasa) has many "bites" on his lower back & I was wondering what they were from as well.
    At first I thought it was a tick but, then I noticed more bumps. I'd say he has about 6 total & he's always biting at them & licking them. I haven't had a chance to take him to the Vet. yet but, I'm still thinking about taking him in to see exactly what it is!!!

The bumps? Well...they don't really look like anything. It just lookes like his fur, on his face...but sticking out, like 3-D lol. You know, just...there. Just a bump. No red, no scab (that I can see), just fur.

Also, Glacier, can you give me any names of stores that you know have? We don't really have that many here, Peavey Mart, Wal-Mart, I think one called Hackmans...

Edit: Yes we do have ticks here. Major has been lucky and only gotten about 5 at the most, maybe 3 attached.

-thank you Poppy for the avatar.

R.I.P. Hanson. You will never be forgotten, and we await the day to see you once again. The imprint you left on my heart will never fade - your big beautiful brown eyes, your big soggy kisses...

I agree with Glacer..... IK spray me dogs when ever they go outside ... and as for where you can find it ussaully anywhere horse supplies is sold..... the kind I use on both my horses and my pups is called Bronco It is in a white bottle with gold writing
    KayKay

R.I.P. my sweet Little bit and itty bit you will be in my heart forever I love you!

"No hour of life is wasted that is spent in the saddle"
    Winston Churchill