Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Please come and visit with Catcrazylady and "The Crew"

Please come and visit with Catcrazylady and "The Crew"

Hello everyone! Please feel free to come on by and sit for a spell. I have coffee all the time and I can make hot or iced tea. Soda is available if you want it and the fridge is always loaded with bottled water.

Welcome to my home! Our house was built in 1907 so it's almost 100 years old. It's a bungalow type house and solid as a rock. this picture was taken earlier before all the trees bloomed out and everything got real green. I din't have any flowers out yet either. If you look close at the door you will see faces ready to welcome you. There are some in the window as well.

This is my huge Weeping Cherry that I adore!

Standing on my porch and looking right you will see that we are on a dead end with only a three houses past us. It ends with a railroad track. I love the clackety clack of the trains when they go by. I grew up very close to a train track and it makes me feel like I'm a kid again. It's not real great in the middle of the night but the rest of the time it's ok.

The living room
    This is the view straight ahead as you step into the door

To the right

The fire place is our pride and joy. It's very old and solid oak with a cast iron frame around the fire place which is surrounded by black marble tiles.

This is a close up of the tin cameo fireplace cover

This is a view of the living room from the other end

Notice the door to your right by the front door? That's our bedroom door and if you come to the next post we'll go on in!
    Last edited by catcrazylady; 06-20-2004 at 06:41 PM.

On to the bedroom!

The bed sits in the far right corner

On the right side of my bed is my closet with the big old woodwork that I love. My dresser is on the next wall but is covered in laundry so we are not going there.

In the opposite corner is the armoir

Next to that is the cat tree overlooking the front porch swing

Now we off to the kitchen!
    From the living room looking straight in. Yes, folks that is all the counter space I've got!

To the right

To the left I fortunately have this huge built in cupboard or I would be in big trouble!

Looking back into the living room

Cupboard wall that leads into the TV room.

Come to the next post and we'll go to the TV room!

Looking from the kitchen into the TV room.

This is where hubby and I spend our spare time. the door to the right leads to upstairs. It is one big room that we use for storage and we're not going there either!

Straight across from our chairs is Magoo and the bathroom

The door next to the bathroom is the utility room and you can jsut make out the door to the kitchen on your far right. That's where we came in!

This is our very tiny bathroom! Further to the left is a shower stall and closet. Our dream is to one day add on and put in a bathtub. I miss soaking in a hot tub!!
    Hey Kim, I made sure to put the lid down for you!

This is our very long and narrow utility room. We have the computer out here because there is no place else to put it! It's a mess so overlook.

From the utility room you step out the backdoor onto the deck. Our back yard runs into a small community park which is really nice.

Well folks, it isn't much and it's small but we call it home and love it here. We are on a corner lot with two deadend streets and a nice little park behind us. Plus it houses 10 wonderful kitties!

I hope you enjoyed your visit and please come back anytime. You are all welcome. (Just call me first so I can clean up before you come!)

Whata beautiful home!! YOu have one gorgeous home and that firplace is definately something to really be proud about! I also have a corner fireplace, and I love it! I would love to have an iron fireplace cover like that!

Even though you've got a small kitchen, you've made it look spacious and airy. You've doen a wonderful job with the whole house... I might sneak over and steal the bed! that is one fabulous bed!

Your home is absolutely lovely! I love the way you have furnished it and I love your wood floors in the living room. Your yard is beautiful and I can just imagine what a nice quiet street you live on. What a peaceful setting for the kitties and I was so happy to see that a couple of them were able to sneak into a picture or two. Thank you for inviting me in. I'd love to have you come visit me up north some time too.

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?
    Kim, What a charming home you have, and spotless! I see you love chickens & roosters in the kitchen too! My kitchen is packed with them as an ode to our former landlord...that turned into a slumlord. When we moved into that apartment 20 something years ago, it was tough finding a place that accepted any pets. We had around five cats&3 dogs at the time and when the landlord asked I told him. He said "no problem, I'll put down six cats just in case you get another one". When I talked with him about us fixing the place up, he said "no problem, you can grow pot in the gutters, keep chickens in the kitchen, I don't care what you do". So the chickens have decorated my kitchen too! I hope Magoo enjoys listening to baseball games LOL! Cute place, and lovely grounds too! Thank you for the tour. Jan
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

Where is everybody???
    The house is gorgeous and cozy and wonderful - but where are the kitties???
    You really do have a lovely home Lisa!! I love the back yard - omegosh - things sure are greener in Kentucky!
    The house itself is so homey and pretty, sure wish you were down the street!! You'd have to kick me out. I think I'll take some bottled water, thankyou - that suits me best
    Thank you for opening the place up and inviting us in!!!

edit: I wanted to add that the house is TOO clean for me! If I am coming over, you are NOT allowed to clean first!
    Last edited by sirrahbed; 06-20-2004 at 07:42 PM.

Thanks you guys!
    Catnapper: I also love that bed! We bought the group two years ago as our first big splurge! The headboard is over six feet tall. Our ceilings are nine feet so we could handle it in that room. We are trying to get timeless furniture so we never have to do it again! As much as it cost we probably won't ever be able to again anyway!!

Pam: I would love to come visit you! Thanks for the compliments and I have to brag on hubby. The hardwood in the living room was covered in carpet when we moved in. We ripped it up and hubby was on hands and knees for four days trying to sand down 100 year old solid red oak floor planks! That stuff is hard as a nails! He did a beautiful job. We pulled our bedroom carpet up as well but hubby just hasn't had the energy to tackle it yet.

OOPS! Sirrahbed and QSA posted while I was!

Sirrahbed: Most of them were upstairs. The ylike to hang out up there during the day. Plus I had been vacuuming and that always drives them up there! I thought I had better get pictures before they came back down and got hair everywhere!!
    I wish you were down the street too. I don't think I would ever kick you out!

QSA: Spotless!! HA! The only reason it looked that good right then is because I spent the day cleaning since we were having my stepkids over for fathers day. No matter how clean it looks and how hard I work I will never be able to get all the hair up! It jsut doesn't show in pictures!!
    I like chickens and pitchers but I try not to get to many because as you can see I have nowhere to put them.

Thanks for the compliments you guys!

Oh Lisa .... I have just ONE question.................

Can I move in!!!?????

Your home is exactly what I want someday! Once we get these 4 teens turned into independent adults and outta here!!! I want to move out to a cozy spot in an older and smaller home, well JUST LIKE YOURS! You are so very lucky!!!!

Sorry, but I just have to whhhhhhhhiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnneeeeeeee!!!!

Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Come on Kim! I'll clean up the upstairs and you can live up there. You could be my attic friend!
    I think you all would be flabergasted at what we paid for this house. Sit down and take a deep breath. We got this place for $72,500! They were having trouble selling it because people didn't want to live that close to the railroad track and it didn't have a bathtub. We have painted the inside to suit us but it was in move in condition when we bought it. The upstairs is huge and one day I will get it cleaned out and useable. We also have a half basement but you can only get to it from the outside.
    This is a wonderful old tree lined neighborhood and houses don't stay on the market around here for long. We just lucked out and we love it!! I consider this house a blessing.

Lisa, I love your house! I would trade houses with you any day! That fireplace is absolutely gorgeous! Your house is so clean looking, everything looks so nice.

That is just the kind of house my husband and I have been wanting, honest to god! It is just beautiful!

I really love the TV room being right next to the kitchen. You don't have to be in the kitchen alone!

I really love that backyard, the traintracks would not bother me either, where I live we don't hear nothing but bugs and frogs and birds, and that is all.

Thank you for inviting me into your beautiful home, it was wonderful, and I would sit down and drink coffee in that warm inviting kitchen with you anyday!

Willie

Thank You, kittycats_delight for my new siggy!!!

I, too, love the fireplace. I wish we had one, although I'm not sure there's much of a need in Florida.

Wonderful tour, thank you!

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Oh my gosh Lisa your house is beautiful!!! I love the fireplace and that cover with the cameo - gorgeous!!!!

You have a lovely home, thanks for the tour!

From Decker with Love

Thanks everyone but really it's not all that! It just looks good in photos. We love it but I sure wish we had more rooms so I could have more kitties!!