Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The quivering-tail-thing...

The quivering-tail-thing...

It's really funny, but Lily is doing that all the time now. She would turn her butt to a wall or an object, lifts her tail and quivers. She's doing it when she's getting excited - when I'm about to give her a treat - or when I want to take her away from a place where she's not supposed to be. Remember, she's female AND spayed !

So far, I did not notice something coming out of her when doing that, but sometimes you can see the muscles in her belly contracting while quivering, just as if she's pressing. Strange, isn't it?

Kirsten

Kirsten, Pyewackett, my RB kitty used to do that. I would start thinking she was taking up what the males do, but no, she was just quivering her tail, and making little stomping motions! Dern I miss that cat!

The cats I have now are all bunny butts, so they don't have a tail to do that way! I think I need a cat with a tail. I honestly don't know how I have ended up with two cats with no tails! What, are the bunny butts just attracted to me or something? LOL, oh well, guess I have to live with it!

Willie

Thank You, kittycats_delight for my new siggy!!!

I have read that is a gesture of love....so considered yourself loved!

Georgia does this ALL the time! In 8 years, I haven't ever noticed anything coming out..just quivers upon quivers.

Tubby does this too, especially when he's happy or excited. Of course, Peanut could be doing it also I just can't tell because of all the hair on her tail.

Sara, I had never heard that that is what the tail quivering means. I like it!
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Kirsten, Smokey started out as a boy but due to urinary tract problems he has been turned into a girl and HE does the exact same thing....quivers his tail all the time....nothing comes out either. I think it is just the funniest thing to see the tail quiver....make you think that they are cold.

Smokey, Mystic, Abner

Gabriel (Dude), Gracie, Vegas, and Scarlet

Consider adopting a special needs pet, they deserve a chance too!

RAINBOW BRIDGE BABIES
    Tony 2/15/99
    Tigger 10/16/06
    Tucker 8/1/08

Neither of my boys do that... but they're boys - something might come out fi they tried

Pouncer says he thinks that's the cutest darn thing he's ever heard of!

I wish I had the same luck. Joxer used to do that for the first few years of his life and I thought it was really cute but in this last year he's actually gone to the next level and now he sometimes sprays. . I wish I had discouraged it now.

These are not the droids you were looking for

My Little One (a neutered boy kitty) used to do that when he was expecting a delicious treat of canned (wet) food, but nothing ever came out.

My Biscuit (also a neutered boy kitty) does this as well (in my apartment) and nothing so far has come out. However, I know he knows how to "spray" as I have watched him doing that outside on my apartment patio where other cats come and go. I just hope he doesn't "learn" to do this in my apartment.

Biscuit's Mom

It is an attempt to spray. Females can spray.

They do it when they are happy too.

Nothing may ever come out. I had foster Orangina who did it.

Nothing to worry about.

Neither of my boys has ever done that. The only thing I have seen them do with their tails is swoosh them furiously back and forth when they are at the window watching the birdies.

Grace does this alot, and even tiny Angel too!!! It is very cute .... easy to say as long as nothing is coming out!!!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Pepper Jack does it too when he is excited about dinner. You would think he had been starved at some point in his life which I know he wasn't! He thinks eating the greatest thing! Tail quivering is cute as long as it stays dry!!

RB Butterscotch would guiver when he was happy and excited. Especially when he got tuna treat Whenever I now open a can I smile because he would of come out of the woodwork to get his treat.
    Owned by my 8 precious furry kids... My 3 daughters Cindy & Abby & Aly and 5 sons Skinny, Stephen, Carson, Fuzzmuzz and Franklin.
    Owned by two special canine sons Coco and Snoopy and two canine daughters, Sadie and Gretchen

Always in our hearts RBButterscotch & RBThumper, RB Ms. Eleanor

I don't even begin to know where I'm "from"
    Pickles does that, and I always scold him, because yes, he does it when he sprays, too! I think you can understand why I get nervous and scold him...
    Doing my part to save BBD's, one dog at a time!