Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is there anyone here from Nevada?

Is there anyone here from Nevada?

Am I the only PTer from/living in the Silver state?
    Has anyone ever been to/lived in Nevada at all *Vacationing in Vegas does NOT count...that place doesn't even act like part of Nevada most of the time*

Am I alone? *crickets chirping, echo*

Yeah, you're pretty much alone.

I can sympathise, living in Wyoming.

I've been to Nevada many times, mostly driving to and from Vegas or San Francisco.
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

sympathy

I have sympathy for you. There are only two PTers from Pittsburgh, myself and Trinity. sometimes I feel pretty alone here too.

I used to live in Las Vegas. I went to high school at Rancho from my freshmen to my junior year until we moved to California. I absolutely loved it and would move back if I could!

Im glad someone knows what Im talking about...looks like if there is a PT get together in california, Im going to have to go to that one!

Errrm, my parents used to vacation in Nevada City and we'd explore the 'Ponderosa' area.

I have fond memories of a stop in Winnemucca (sp?) during a drive to the mid-west.

But basically, I don't know Nevada, really.
    I'm sometimes asked "Why do you spend so much of your time and money talking about kindness to animals when there is so much cruelty to men?" I answer: "I am working at the roots." -George T. Angell, reformer (1823-1909)

Thank you, Popcornbird for creating this tribute to Summer starring Livvy and Cassy

Livvy: 11 April 99 - 5 July 09
    Cassy: 11 July 99 - 8 April 11

If you would like to visit my BeautiConsultant page --
    http://www.beautipage.com/serene_angel_hm_spa/

I've been to Las Vegas a few times but you said that didn't count so I guess I've never been to Nevada.

I know how you feel though, I'm the only *actively posting* member from Utah.

You said it doesn't count, but the only place in Nevada I've been to is Vegas, BABY!!!! Lol, I did love it and plan to go back...someday.
    Angela's beautiful furbabies, Wilber and Oreo.

"Thousands of years ago, cats were worshipped as gods. Cats have never forgotten this." Anonymous

"There are two means of refuge from the miseries of life: music and cats." Albert Schweitzer

A meow massages the heart. Stuart McMillan

Re: sympathy

Originally posted by david p
    I have sympathy for you. There are only two PTers from Pittsburgh, myself and Trinity. sometimes I feel pretty alone here too.
    There used to be lots of PA people...although I haven't seen some of them around recently...JenLuckenbach, catnapper, Aspen andMisty, LovemyShiba are just a few I can think of...

I've only been to Vegas, so I guess I've never been to Nevada!

We've stayed in Las Vegas, but driven both sides of the state - from Vegas to Escondido and San Diego California, then back to Vegas, then over to the North Rim of the Grand Canyon. Then back to Las Vegas and over to the Hoover Dam. So we saw lots of Nevada-from-the-highway ... if that counts.

*Vacationing in Vegas does NOT count...that place doesn't even act like part of Nevada most of the time*
    By the way, I know exactly what you mean: Las Vegas is to Nevada as Jackson Hole is to Wyoming.
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

No where NEAR Nevada but I had to tell this:
    I think near a LITTLE ITTY BITTY town that is Spelled Nevada but is pronounced with a long 'a'. So I always look at Nevada and say it that way and was thinking at first. She doesn't live in OH!!!

Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Originally posted by shais_mom
    No where NEAR Nevada but I had to tell this:
    I think near a LITTLE ITTY BITTY town that is Spelled Nevada but is pronounced with a long 'a'. So I always look at Nevada and say it that way and was thinking at first. She doesn't live in OH!!!

It is the same thing here in Toledo. There is a street on the East side, Nevada, pronounced with the long a. There is also a small town Oregon (Oar-a-gon) as opposed to the state of Oregon (which I believe is pronounced more like Organ).

Re: sympathy

Originally posted by david p

Yeah I know how you feel...there's obviously no one here from West Milford, New Jersey! It's Northern NJ on the border to NY. Never a chance for a PT gathering up here in the boonies!
    `````````````````````````
    I love my furkid Neko!

^TAMA^ 8/24/00 - 4/27/12 Thank you for being in my life I love you always and forever

The only reason why I say vacationing in vegas doesn't count is because Vegas isn't really what locals see as Nevada. We see all the open space and back country. Up north, you can drive 5 minutes and be in the middle of nowhere with NO people at all that and the 4 X 4 trails are awesome! Vegas is too crowded for me :P