Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chubby has gotten shot...

Chubby has gotten shot...

but he is okay.

My parents let Chubby out this morning while I was just sleeping. Usually when the boys are having their "bathroom break" they walk around the farm. So, when Chubby wasn't in the yard, we thought he was just walking around like usual.

When I woke up, I called his name. He always comes back after a few minutes. My mom was showing me something on the computer. My dad had left for work. He came back, because he forgot something.

He came into the yard and he saw blood on the sidewalk. He followed the blood, and found Chubby drinking water. He had been shot in his front leg.

My dad came in and yelled for my mom and I. We ran downstairs, and when he told us "something has happened to Chubby," I just about fainted. Literally.

We got him cleaned up, but he was loosing blood fast. He was almost squirting out. My dad pinched the skin so blood wouldn't keep coming. He had lost a lot. He was becoming weak.

We called all of the vets we knew. Everyone said they were booked. We told them that it was an emergency, but no one seemed to care.

Finally, we called a vet on his cell phone, and he told us that we could come in. We had nothing else to do.

We got Chubby into the pick-up, and we were trying to keep him from loosing too much more blood.

I had to pinch Chubby's skin, to help stop the bleeding. When we got to the vet's office, I had blood all over my hands. He took him in and cleaned up the wound some more. Luckily, he was not shot in the bone, just on the edge.

The bullet hole had almost hit an artery.

The vet stitched him up, and gave us some medication for the pain. He slept until we got home.

I am so glad that the worst did not happen. I would have told you guys before we went to the vet, but I didn't know very much then. I was way too busy.

Chubby is now relaxing. He is still tired, especially since he lost that blood. The vet said that he will be fine.

Please, pray that Chubby has a good recovery.

Oh thank God he wasn't too badly injured!! Praying for a speedy recovery for Chubby.

Emma...wow. I almost fainted when I saw your thread title. You guys did the right thing and so quickly. And Chubby seems to have handled it pretty well. He's one lucky pup!

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running
    from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you.
    I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”
    - Jack Kerouac; On The Road

When I read the titled, I said "Ohh no! "

Wow, what a scare! I'm so glad that your handsome boy is going to be ok! Paws crossed for him, and wishing for a speedy recovery!

oo I am glad he is ok, he IS one lucky pup, my mom bosses dog was not so lucky when he got shot, they got him to the vets, but the vet could not do anything so chubby is one VERY lucky pooch
    Shayna
    Mom to:
    Misty-10 year old BC Happy-12 year old BC Electra-6 year old Toller Rusty- 9 year old JRT X Gem and Gypsy- 10 month ACD X's Toivo-8 year old pearl 'Tiel Marley- 3 year old whiteface Cinnamon pearl 'Tiel Jenny- the rescue bunny Peepers the Dwarf Hotot Miami- T. Marcianus

"sister" to:

Perky-13 year old mix Ripley-11 year old mix

and the Prairie Clan Gerbils

OMG! I can't believe it! What a sick individual. I am so sorry this happened to Chubby. Prayers that Chubby will be just fine, and heal up quickly. I am glad your father forgot something!!! It could have been worse.

STUPID IGNORRANT PEOPLE!! ARGH!!!

I'm so happy Chubby is okay... I almost cried just reading the title. You seemed really calm while you were holding him... I would have been hysterical and not been able to do that... Kudos to you, Emz... excellent job. I'm praying he will make a 100% full recovery, and whoever did that...

twitter.
    http://twitter.com/meganxxjo

now she's slowly opening
    new eyes.

Originally posted by ILoveMyAbbyGirl
    STUPID IGNORRANT PEOPLE!! ARGH!!!

I'm so happy Chubby is okay... I almost cried just reading the title. You seemed really calm while you were holding him... I would have been hysterical and not been able to do that... Kudos to you, Emz... excellent job. I'm praying he will make a 100% full recovery, and whoever did that...
    Of course, I was crying, but I was trying to remain as calm as possible. I didn't want him to use his energy.

Thanks for all of the well wishes everybody. I agree, he is a very, VERY lucky pup.

My mother told me that there is a rule, by the DNR, that if animals are harming, or chasing, wildlife, a person has every right to shoot at it. I will have to look this up.

OMG!! Why would anybody shoot Chubby? I agree with Johanna, my god, it had to be some sick individual with no brains at all.

Chubby is in my prayers and my thoughts. Poor sweet Chubby! I am so glad that it didn't get a bone. Poor baby.

Keep us updated, Emma.

Willie

Thank You, kittycats_delight for my new siggy!!!

OMG! Poor Chubby!

I'm *VERY* glad that he's okay, Emma. Hoping for a speedy recovery...

Love ya, Chubby boy!

Re: Chubby has gotten shot...

So Glad the Vet thinks Chubby will make a full recovery!

But I think you should investigate What HAPPENED to him!

You should try to find out -
    1) WHO shot him - and -
    2 WHY it was necessary that he be shot

Originally posted by Dogz

My parents let Chubby out this morning...

Usually when the boys are having their "bathroom break"
    they walk around the farm...
    ... we thought he was just walking around like usual.
    "Letting the boys out ... for their bathroom break ...
    and to walk around the farm..."

Can be a bit "risky"!

Is it YOUR FARM the "walk around on" -
    or a Neighbor's farm?????

SOME folks do *NOT* like someone else's dog using their property
    as a poddy room! (MOST Dawgz furget to "flush"!)

"My mother told me that there is a rule, by the DNR,
    that if animals are harming, or chasing, wildlife,
    a person has every right to shoot at it."
    I don't know WHO can take action against animals threatening WILDlife -
    (might have to be a DNR Officer rather than a "citizen")...

BUT -
    Most States allow FARMERS to "protect" their own Livestock
    from both wild and Domestic (DOG) predators!

Your Dog - chasing Farmer Brown's Livestock -
    is a very likely candidate for getting SHOT!

I'd suggest that you take whatever steps are required to
    Make CERTAIN that "the Boys" never go NEAR someone's Livestock!

/s/ Phred
    /s/ Cinder, Smokey & Heidi

R.I.P. ~ Boots, Bowser, Sherman, & Snoopy

OMG, I can't believe someone would shoot him! I am glad Chubby is better, I hope he heals fast and can get back to his normal rambunkshus self again!
    DeviantArt
    Beth-
    Maggie [lab x germanshepherd], Autumn [Cattle dog x chow], C.P. [Domestic short hair] Henry [domestic short hair] Mittens [siamese/ x ], Buck [paint horse], Indy [Paint horse]

Thank you, Phred.

I do not know how I could find out who shot him. It could have been anybody. It could be somebody just driving past who saw him. Someone could have mistaken him for another animal.

When the boys go out on their bathroom break, they go into OUR woods. They like to sniff around in there. And, it IS ours.

I, usually do NOT let "the boys" be loose in the yard without supervision. Like a stated, I was sleeping. (Naw-tee Em!) They DO have an outdoor cage.

And, that is what I am scared of. I am hoping that my pups aren't sneaking away. I am not sure if my mom knows too much about the whole situation, I was just stating that she said that. She probably meant livestock.

Emma, even IF Chubby was right up on top of something, it doesn't mean someone should shoot at him. I bet it was just some fool with a gun. I don't think there was/is anything you could have done differently.

Poor Chubby! Please give him lots of love from me. I would love to find out who did this and shoot them! The only difference would be that they wouldn't get medical attention. If you find out who did it, I would sue the crap out of them.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

Oh Emma, I'm so sorry -- but so thankful that the ChubMan will be okay. Good thoughts being sent your way, and Moose sends some extra Labby-Boy energy to Chubby!