Thread: The coolest thing...

The coolest thing...

This morning, i was on my way to work & listening to the radio. I guess this started last week, but the local humane society is working with the radio station, and they are featuring a "dog of the week". They bring the dog into the studio, and talk about what he's doing, what he looks like, how he acts etc. It's about a 15 minute spotlight, and then throughout the rest of the week they keep advertising them in like a 1-minute segment.

I just thought it is great way to reach a lot of people, and since they are focusing on one specific dog, that somebody might fall in love with them over the airwaves.

Our humane society does that on several radio stations and on a few TV. From what I understand it is very rare a featured animal does not get quickly adopted. In fact, out humane society's adoptions rates are going so well (they are very low-kill...only in cases of severe illness or aggression) they are going tobe changing their policy. Right now they are alimited intake facility, but next year they will become a open door facility, meaning they will refuse no animals.

I hope your humane soceity has as much luck with the program as ours has.

This is such happy, encouraging news Our area shelter is also a "low kill" shelter that rarely puts an animal to sleep except for severe illness or aggression We have similar type "highlight" features on local TV and raido stations with great results! This is definitely the way to go
    Last edited by tatsxxx11; 05-18-2004 at 06:24 AM.

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

It's so neat that they would have that. I haven't heard about it though. It would be nice to hear about someone's pet from here.