Thread: Sweet Marmalade

Sweet Marmalade

Marmy was an extremely feral mother cat, who came to me with a litter of 8 kittens (one of which was Pee Wee). I believe that Marmy may have been abused by humans at some point in her life, as she always flenches before you pet her. She has come such a long way though. At first she wouldn't let me pet her, but now she loves it, but I have to still approach her slowly and gently. She still will NOT tolerate being picked up and will tense up every muscle in her body and fight like crazy. Unfortunately I always have to scruff her, but I hold her close at the same time (and cradle her in my other arm) while talking softly to her.

Awww....she looks like such a sweetie pie. How could anybody be so mean to such a sweetie. I'm glad you have the patience to show her that not all humans are as bad as she first though. And 8 babies!!!
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

It must be the Lords work , to takethat poor Stray , and find her ,such a Wonderful , and Gracious Home!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Kim, I am happy that sweet pretty Marmalade has learned to be trusting of and to love being petted by you.
    Steffi and Lovable

She looks as sweet as her name, Marmalade!

I'm so glad I finally got to see the movies!!! Marmy is such a BEAUTY!! She looks very happy and relaxed with you. She is a very lucky girl!!!

Debbie, Marmy was rescued with two litters of kittens ... hers and another feral mom's babies. The other mom was too wild to be caught, but luckily Marmy took in all of them. SO, I am not totally positive that Pee Wee was her natural baby, but she definitel "mothered" him as a tiny infant!

She looks so sweet. I can tell she loves the petting. I cannot comprehend how she could've been abused! Why would anyone do that..