Thread: Pouncer to the vet

Pouncer to the vet

I have noticed today that Pouncer has been holding his paw in the air and not using it as much. Then upon cleaning it, I noticed a slight puss oozing from the nail. I have called the vet and they are going to see him tomorrow morning. And get this ---- they won't charge me emergency/weekend rates since I was up front and honest about finances! Have I ever mentioned how much I love my vet???

I love my little boy and only want the best for him. I promised myself that he's go to the vet the moment I saw or thought an infection was starting. Everyone, please hope Pouncer's boo-boo paw is a-ok!

Awe, Pouncer baby! Poor sore paw! Tell your Mommie to let us know what the white coats say tomorrow.. Poor Baby, get well soon~!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

I'm sorry Pouncer, I hope you get better soon! I know you'll be ok.. but I wonder what could've gone wrong. Your vet sounds pretty great.

Good for you!! Sounds like you have a terrific vet. I am really so glad you were carefully watching the paw for those telltale signs! Just in the nick of time - amazing how that works out

I'm sure Pouncer's paw will be just fine! Just a little cleaning out with Hydrogen Peroxide and some Neosporin on it, and he'll be good as new!

I'm glad you was watching it, poor little Pouncer and his boo boo. Kim had a good idea. Might try that tonight and see how it looks in the morning.

Willie

Thank You, kittycats_delight for my new siggy!!!

That's what I've been doing... cleaning it all nice and proper with the peroxide, which he has told me time and time again is NOT his favorite thing. Then I lightly dry it off with a dry cotton ball and put on Neosporin. I try to keep him entertained for a bit so that the Neosporin can sink in a bit, then he's off and licking the boo-boo I decided that an Elizabethan collar would be useless since he was a master at getting off hs regular collar. And we tried EVERY type of collar and none of the would stay on him.

Don't worry catnapper, you are doing the right thing. Tomorrow you get to visit the white coats, and he'll feel better, and so will mommy.

Willie

Thank You, kittycats_delight for my new siggy!!!

Your vet sounds great! It's good you were keeping an eye on his paw, I hope your little "escape artist's" boo-boo gets better soon!

RIP Jasper. I can't believe you're gone.
    RIP Tigger...I miss you every single day.
    Piddle Jasper Wiggles Emma Tucker Almond Pecan
    RB Furbabies:
    Tigger Ace

RIP Angus, I miss you!

I'm sorry to hear that Pouncer needs to go to the vet but I'm so glad to hear that your vet understands your financial situation and will work with you on this. You sure have a great vet.

My vet also works with me on my finances since I've been a client with him for many years. I'm still trying to pay off Cirrus's vet bill.

I hope that Pouncer's infection isn't serious and that he gets well soon. All fingers and paws are crossed here. Please keep us updated.

All The Found Cats and a Certain tortie angel , are praying that Pouncers Paw , is OK!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Poor Pouncer! I'm so glad you have an understanding vet who puts health before finances. I'm sure Pouncer will be fine but I'm glad your getting it checked.
    Let us know as soon as you get back! We're thinking about you Pouncer boy!

Poor Pouncer, I'm sorry you've got an infection now! You know, Lily is very worried now, she says if I would have bought her a ticket to the United States she would have cared for you!

But what a great vet you have, it's so nice of him not to charge the weekend rate! And I'm sure he'll make you feel better soon!

Lily's sending purrs and nose-kissies to you!

Kirsten