Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I give up!

I don't even begin to know where I'm "from"

I give up!

I thought I could express my opinions in a non debating way, but everyone wants to attack me, hurt, me, etc. No one wants to hear what I have to say, obviously, so this is THE END (go have your little party now, you raging liberals)

I refuse to maintain that my opinions about things that must have an outcome are merely my speculations. Things are very clear in the bible. In the end there will be one truth. I don't feel I should have to say "Well I think, maybe, himhawhimhaw" I stated what I believe, always with a *my opinion* afterward.

You can think I'm attacking everyone, but look in the mirror! REREAD My posts, and look at yourselves. You're trying to tell me that I'm wrong for saying what I believe, which you are DOING TO ME! But I make you SO angry...

There are many people that I love and respect on this board. There are many more that I do NOT love and respect. So I'm leaving. I hope all of you feel right good for hurting me, for being malicious, and for jumping to conclusions and THINKING you know what I'm saying.

If you would take time to ACTUALLY listen, I believe our pets could be in heaven, or other pets could be in heaven. I have no rage against homosexuals (I have no idea where this thought came from).

I came here because I love my pets, but people have even debated the fact that I care for them at times.

I don't know what you all have against me, but I hope you are all proud of yourselves!
    Doing my part to save BBD's, one dog at a time!

Might as well re-subject this post

"Please give me all of the negative attention I wish for."

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

(go have your little party now, you raging liberals)
    I'm proud to be a raging liberal! And while I don't think you have rage against homosexuals I do think you have made some very rude comments. I understand and respect your beliefs, but some of the things you said really offended me.

edit: I want to apologize, after going back and reading your posts I realized you weren't the Harris who made the comments that hurt and offended me.
    Last edited by Uabassoon; 05-06-2004 at 04:55 PM.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

Put me in the Liberal class, as well. Especially if liberal means more tolerable.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

Re: I give up!

Originally posted by sirrahved
    (go have your little party now, you raging liberals)

Oh I am not a raging liberal at all. Not at all..........so that doesn't apply to me. I have nothing against you, at all, but I do wish you would realize why your comments upset us all so much. It is not about you, but about what you said, and I quote:

but children have souls and animals don't.
    ??? It's the truth. You don't have to believe it...
    After saying its the truth.......THEN you said you just posted your OPINION. If you posted your *opinion*, that would be fine and well, but you did post that its the truth, which made it seem like you're saying *I'm right, and you are all wrong.* Opinion? Nope......there's a difference in posting your opinion and posting your opinion and saying its the truth.

Perhaps the definition of *soul* is different in your eyes, but I can tell you that I believe in Heaven and Hell, and I believe that human beings will be accountable for their deeds and animals won't be. Our souls, from my beliefs, will be questioned......but the souls of animals will not be questioned. A *soul* from my definition, is our inner self.........or what you can call *ME* or *YOU* or *HIM* or *HER*. For something without a soul, those words won't apply. You don't go up to a tree and refer to it as *YOU* etc. Your body, mind, heart, organs, skin, hair, whatever, is all a part of you, but it isn't YOU. You're soul is YOU........your soul is what keeps your body alive, which without the soul, would be a dead body, and nothing else.

When you look at an animal, they are alive beings. They are born like us, breathe like us, and die like us. When they die, their souls leave their body, just like our's, and in the same way, their body remains, but the soul is gone. Their souls may not be accountable for what they did in this life, as our's are, but they STILL have a soul that was in them during their life in this world, and when they die, their soul leaves them. That is what I, and I think pretty much everyone, sees as a soul. The soul is the individual self in the body, and whether its in the body of a person or an animal, it is still, a soul. Now if you take plants as an example, that would be different, because though they are living things, they do not have a soul. They don't move, don't think, don't have organs, don't have a soul and don't lose a soul from their *body* when they die either. Animals on the otherhand function just like us. I don't believe God will question their souls when they die, but they still have a soul, and though it may not be accountable like our's, it is STILL a soul. That is what I was trying to say.

I have nothing against you, and I want you to know that we all have times on this board when the majority doesn't agree with us. That doesn't mean they have something against you.......it only means they don't agree with your view, so please don't be so offended, as I don't believe anyone meant to offend you. I'm sorry if I said anything that offended you, because I, very honestly, did not mean to hurt your feelings at all. I was just shocked because I have never heard the idea of animals not having a soul in them, in my life.
    Last edited by popcornbird; 05-06-2004 at 05:02 PM.

BYE BYE!!

Thank you Wolf_Q!

It's all good to express an opinion. But, with everyone on this thread always expressing how they believe in the rainbow bridge, and, all of the stories when beloved pets leave us, you HAD to know that the majority of the people here were going to disagree with you. I read all the posts and really didn't see how anything anyone said to you was any more offensive or insulting than things you said. And, I didn't have a problem with what you said, because it is your belief and your opinion. I had a problem with you stating it as the truth, and, as FACT. And, I've read the bible. I believe that it most definitely is NOT clear, cut and dry, reading material. I believe many people interpret the bible differently. I don't see how at 21 years of age, you've already figured out what the bible means, word for word, and, that you can say it's 100% clear. Anyway, I think it's rude to lump everyone into a category such as raging liberals because they have opposing opinions. I wouldn't label you, and, I don't think it's fair to label others. But, if you're leaving (and, my opinion is that it was a very immature way to say goodbye, I had to check your profile for your age)....farewell.

Thanks, Dogz!

"...when does sometimes turn into all the time...." Joe Pisapia

"We all start off as strangers, it's where we end up that counts." Jennifer Beals, Four Rooms

"And I find it kind of funny...I find it kind of sad...The dreams in which I’m dying Are the best I’ve ever had" Tears for Fears, Mad World

"The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that's wrong with the world" Dr Paul Farmer

I have to say that the only post you ever made that stands out in my mind is one comment on a Pet of the Day thread many, many months ago. This forum was never meant for that type of hateful commentary, especially in a section that was to "celebrate" the Pet of the Day. I have never forgotten that. It indicated to me that maybe you weren't too much of an animal lover if you could make such a comment, whether it was true or not. I hope I was wrong. I'm not even going to repeat it here, hoping that it was missed by most of our readers at the time. Today's situation and the way it was originally worded made me wonder about your true feelings about animals again.

I think your mother and your sister are lovely people. I'm sure you are too, but you haven't posted as often, nor as compassionately as they have (not that I have seen, anyway). I'm just surprised that you say your feelings have been hurt today, when it was obvious that others were hurt by your comments too. It's a shame that such a good discussion got so far off track and that so many people were hurt or angered by it. It's just not what Pet Talk has ever been about, at least not for me.

I really, really need to stay out of the Dog House.

Makes me sad.

Well said, Logan.

Sometimes it's not what we say, but how we say it that can hurt people.

Sometimes it's not what we say, but how we say it that can hurt people

Those are the words you should take to heart.

I respect other people's opinions, but that does not make mine wrong, incorrect, not worthy, not true, not worth reading ......... and I think there are some other people on the board who need to understand that too!
    By all means, have an opinion, but respect everyone else's opinion too.

Logan, I usually stay out of the Dog House too ......... it does make me sad sometimes.
    M!
    "No dog is born either vicious or friendly, but rather a blank slate that is moulded, for better or worse, by the owner."

I guess I find sorrow when anybody talks about leaving Pet Talk. I just can't help it, it bothers me. I may not agree with everything that they have to say, but nevertheless I still hate to see anybody leave.

I miss Micki so bad I can't describe to you the feelings I had when she left. I don't know what her reason was, but it really bothered me.

I just feel very sad.

Thank You, kittycats_delight for my new siggy!!!

I have apparently missed what happened. But I have to echo Logan's thoughts exactly.
    If you don't think that animals have soul's then go look into an abused animal and tell me what you see. You will see a broken beaten soul that just wants to love again.
    I grew up in Church also and from a pretty religious family but I never ever ever ever remember anyone ever telling me that animals do not have souls. B/c to pull that context out of the Bible and interpret it to your beliefs I don't like it when anyone does it.
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

I disagreed with you when I first read your post...I believe animals have souls. But I also personally know that I'd save a human soul over an animal's soul.

I'm not offended by your posts....Everyone has their opinions. I think life is to short to make everyone believe the same thing. Although I don't agree with you, I have no hard feelings. I will be sad to see you leave PT.

I think people are way to judgemental. Like I've said a thousand times, we are all here because we love animals. We don't necessarily believe the same things, but our intentions are good.

Thank you Wolfie!

Originally posted by Kfamr
    Might as well re-subject this post

"Please give me all of the negative attention I wish for."
    Kay,

THAT was NOT a nice thing to say!
    Yes, it is your opinion, but really ...............!

Tonya,

I know you speak your mind, but lets not call each other names.

It is sirraved's choice, opinion, whatever ........... let's just leave it!
    M!
    "No dog is born either vicious or friendly, but rather a blank slate that is moulded, for better or worse, by the owner."

I don't care anymore...I'm done with pt too. It is to judgemental for me.

Thank you Wolfie!