Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Are you scared of spiders?

Are you scared of spiders?

I am.

I was home by myself last night as Shane was on duty, so naturally it's the night that the Huge Scary Spider from Hell came to visit.

I went into the bathroom and in the window, between the glass and the fly screen, was the biggest eight-legged monster in the world. And it was staring at me. I was busting to use the toilet, which faces away from the spider, so sat down twisted my head sideways under my arm, to try to see its reflection in the mirror. The second I made a noise the spider ran. I jumped and nearly made a hole in the ceiling (and a mess on the floor).

The spider and I had a staredown at the OK Corral. It won. In round two I managed to wind the window open a little, but Mr Scary Spider wanted to hang around. I got a box of tissues and tapped on the screen - hey, who wants to live in a noisy neighbourhood? It ignored me. I tapped a little closer and it finally put its eight legs into a forward gear and went looking for a new home. I wound the window shut so hard that it'll probably never open again.

For the next few hours I got the creepies and imagined that spiders were crawling over me. Am looking very glam with my four hours' sleep
    Nicole, Mini, Jasmine, Pickles, Tabasco, Schnaggles and Buffy

I am. I don't know why but I am. They just creep me out.

I can't even squish a little one. I know they are good and eat insects but I can't help not liking them.

In fact spiders are one of the reasons I don't want to go to Australia.....LOL There are some really scary ones there.

*Thanks Ashley*

No worries...I hate any type of bug. Blech. If it doesn't have fur, I don't want to have anything to do with it.

You did much better than I would have. I normally see it, freak out, run upstairs to grab a thing of tupperware, and put the tupperware bowl over the spider until my mom, dad, or brother kills it for me.

When they flush them down the toilet, I can't use that toilet for at least a week. lol.

I don't want anything to do with them.

WHAT - didn't your attack "spider" dogs help you out???

If John is home, then YES, I will make him REMOVE the spider. But if I am home alone ...... or have a scared friend, I am the spider (creepy crawly anything) queen.

I would have saved you, or at least talked to you about the thickness of glass and the fact that a SCREEN was in between you and the spider, and no spider I know of will eat through the metal screen, in the 30 seconds it took you to pee ...!!!
    M!
    "No dog is born either vicious or friendly, but rather a blank slate that is moulded, for better or worse, by the owner."

Sometimes!

I don't know why.. sometimes I am.. sometimes i'm not.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

I'm afraid of big, dark, nasty, creepy spiders. As for the smaller ones...........not really, but I'm grossed out by all of them. They disgust me, and I can't stand having one in the house for a second. I see one, and the next second, its getting sucked by the vacuum cleaner.

Originally posted by captain
    WHAT - didn't your attack "spider" dogs help you out???

If John is home, then YES, I will make him REMOVE the spider. But if I am home alone ...... or have a scared friend, I am the spider (creepy crawly anything) queen.

I would have saved you, or at least talked to you about the thickness of glass and the fact that a SCREEN was in between you and the spider, and no spider I know of will eat through the metal screen, in the 30 seconds it took you to pee ...!!!
    Spider dogs are only six inches off the ground - evil spider was six feet off the ground. Note to self: buy stilts for spider dogs

You could have explained the wire screen to your heart's content: I was convinced that it was going to slip in the side, travel around the wall, under the door and come and get me while I was asleep ...
    Nicole, Mini, Jasmine, Pickles, Tabasco, Schnaggles and Buffy

Ewwwwwwwwwwww! I don't like spiders at all. Yuck!!!
    Jen & Gigi

Thanks Kay for the set.

*Glances down at the black widow in a deli cup on the desk munching happily on a cricket*

Umm....not usually. Harvestmen scare me though, and I don't know why since I KNOW they're harmless. (Harvestmen are what most people call "Daddy Long-Legs")

Edit: Please don't think I'm a complete nut job...I'm planning to realease it eventually.... ^_^

Thank you Wolf_Q!

Originally posted by WolfChan

Umm....not usually. Harvestmen scare me though, and I don't know why since I KNOW they're harmless. (Harvestmen are what most people call "Daddy Long-Legs")

That's funny since that's one of the spiders i'm not afraid of!

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

EWWWWWWWWWWWW!!! I would have had to of found a restroom elsewhere. I HATE spiders. I'm terrified of them!!!

Spiders are why I allowed David to get a cat (back before I saw the light)...so I guess I"m not allowed to hate them that much.

Spiders are also why my car is NOT to have its windows down while I'm not in it. EVEN if I'm just running to the store...those things fly or ride on the wind or something and my car is spider heaven or something.

If I found a spider in my car, then couldn't find it so David could send it back to hell (where it came from, of course), I'd get my car detailed and demand to see the DEAD spider.

Can you tell I don't do spiders??? (hee hee)
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

I'm only ok with them on tv and in tanks. I can't handle them in my home or outdoors. They so seriously give me the willies. I think they're beautiful, but, if they can come anywhere near me, ugh, forget it. I've literally broken things trying to smush spiders in my home......the worst is when they're swinging around on their webs....omg....nothing makes me freak out like that (except flying stinging buzzing insects).

Thanks, Dogz!

"...when does sometimes turn into all the time...." Joe Pisapia

"We all start off as strangers, it's where we end up that counts." Jennifer Beals, Four Rooms

"And I find it kind of funny...I find it kind of sad...The dreams in which I’m dying Are the best I’ve ever had" Tears for Fears, Mad World

"The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that's wrong with the world" Dr Paul Farmer

No, I'm not scared of spiders in the least. I think they are beautiful. If I find one in the house most of the time I will leave it alone but if my cat is bothering it then I will take it outside. I would never kill one.

Many thanks to Roxyluvsme13 & k9krazee for my great new siggy!!
    *click* Kirk's Recovery Thread *click*

Originally posted by Kater
    No, I'm not scared of spiders in the least. I think they are beautiful. If I find one in the house most of the time I will leave it alone but if my cat is bothering it then I will take it outside. I would never kill one.
    Kate? Will you come live with me? You can protect me from spiders and protect them from David.

hee hee
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Originally posted by NoahsMommy
    Kate? Will you come live with me? You can protect me from spiders and protect them from David.

hee hee
    Would I get free rent? heehee.

Many thanks to Roxyluvsme13 & k9krazee for my great new siggy!!
    *click* Kirk's Recovery Thread *click*