Thread: *Some spring pictures*

*Some spring pictures*

First, I got this shot a couple days ago when I heard mourning doves cooing to each other outside, and one sounded very close. Well he was! He was on the deck right outside and I managed to get a shot of him right as he was cooing. It is taken through the glass door so isn't quite as clear as I'd like but I still like the shot.

Next, these are from today. There are few things I enjoy more than the sights and smells of the outdoors after a spring rain. Everything looks so clean and vibrant, and smells so fresh and earthy. I decided to take a few pictures after we got a bit of rain and then the sun came out.

First couple show some of the beautiful thunderheads nearby.

Just a shot of the back yard.

Some columbine that I started last year coming up.

And purple cone flowers

This is a project my husband is working on that he started last year. He recently got some hostas to add, there also should be some blue colored hostas coming up soon. The mulch is around new shoots of creeping phlox coming up, and the barrells to add some annuals to soon.

Day lillies coming up.

Few more coming
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

I was about to take a picture of this duck when Tasha spotted him.

Tasha taking a drink out of the 'doggie pool'

Tommy... sorry I cannot get a picture of him without a log when he is outside

The indoor seedlings, coming along.

These are marigolds in front, poppies in the back.

Tomatoes and peppers

And the last two are of my two African violets, both in bloom right now.

Hope you liked!

Gorgeous pictures!
    I looove the mourning dove cooing - you must have really scrambled for your camera!
    Your yard looks amazing! I can't believe how green it is already - I mean, it hasn't been all that long since the snow melted.
    I look forward to seeing more pictures as more plants start to come up and as you put the seedlings in the ground! Exciting!

I have a lingering memory from when I was about 4 or 5 years old - I was always wondering what the heck my Mom was doing down in the basement with all those bright lights and black pots. I was probably too short to even see the seedlings! She used to do landscape design when we lived in Ohio and so she was getting a head start on spring. But at the time I really had no clue! I thought it was so strange!!! None of my friends had bright lights in their basements!
    She would love these pictures - I think I'll send her the link!

Many thanks to Roxyluvsme13 & k9krazee for my great new siggy!!
    *click* Kirk's Recovery Thread *click*

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    Beautiful although I cracked up at the "purple cone flowers" - I didn't know you could grow cones and purple ones to boot!

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

Lovely photos as usual, Jess! Wow, the garden's really coming along; the yard's looking so beautiful! I'm going to love seeing pics of your shaded area filled with hosta and creeping phlox! I have a perennial pair of mourning dove visitors too. Don't you love to watch them preen and coo to each other? Tommy with his log, lol! What a silly boy! He's so, so sweet Jess! And there's Tasha, doing her gazelle imitation again! Imgaine that, their very own doggie pool Great pics Jess! Hugs to T&T!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Thank you for the compliments! . I'm flattered you would want to share the link with your Mom Kater

I didn't know you could grow cones and purple ones to boot!
    LOL I hadn't thought of that before. I will take lots of pictures of my purple cones when they bloom

Sandra, isn't Tommy a silly boy? I should call him Tommy the Lumberjack, LOL!

Thanks much for all the kind words

Your garden is so green and lovely That's really going to inspire me to work hard over winter so I can do some planting in spring. I bought a jacaranda tree a few weeks ago, and am busting for winter to be over so I can plant my favourite tree in the whole world!

I love your seedling setup. I am a professional at buying from seed catalogues, but a numpty at growing them.
    Nicole, Mini, Jasmine, Pickles, Tabasco, Schnaggles and Buffy

Beautiful pictures! I especially love the one of Tasha chasing the duck...what a cutie.

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running
    from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you.
    I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”
    - Jack Kerouac; On The Road

Wow! Great pics! Looks like spring has finally arrived in Minnesota! Your yard is huge!!!

Ps. We have lots of cooing doves outside our house these days.........I'll have to try to get a picture too!