Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some people make me sick! RANT

Some people make me sick! RANT

I was at our shelter yesterday to pick up a trap for our preggie stray. (She went IN last night and the trap door malfunctioned GRRRR - am trying again today).

When I go I always spend some time with the cats and kittens. There are so many gorgeous cats in there at the moment, and I was reading the info on the cages - one lady brought in her FOUR cats, which she had for over two years, because they were "messing up the flowers in the garden". Another gorgeous grey persian cross was left by his owner - after 4 years they "don't want him anymore".

These people make me sick! They never deserve to enjoy the love of an animal. Placing an adult cat in our shelter is basically giving it a death sentence. And with kitten season coming up, and all the cutie-pie kittens being available, who is going to choose an adult cat?

On the positive side, a colleague of my hubby was round at our place, and mentioned wanting to BUY A KITTEN. I spoke to him long and hard about the advantages of a shelter animmal, and an adult cat instead of a kitten, and they have decided to consider adopting an adult cat instead!!! I will be going with them to the shelter when they make their choice!!!

Thanks Kay for my great sig & avatar!!!
    Kissy 1993 (?) - 13 Oct 2005. Always in my heart.
    Ally Cat's Mommy

"It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher-Stowe.

one lady brought in her FOUR cats, which she had for over two years, because they were "messing up the flowers in the garden". Another gorgeous grey persian cross was left by his owner - after 4 years they "don't want him anymore".
    Another case of STUPID, IDIOTIC, IRRESPONSIBLE PET OWNERS!!

Too bad their parents didn't put them out as kids!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I know what you mean.

The one that absolutely floored me once was an orange and white male cat about 4 years old. Around here the University of Tennessee Football is HUGE and their colors are orange and white. On this cat's card it said the owner's turned him in because they were no longer UT football fans. Can you believe that? I still get angry thinking about it.

From Decker with Love

When I had my Pet of the Week column in CT, I would go to the Humane Society. I'd wind up reading some of the paperwork on all the cats. Boy did THAT ever get my blood pressure up!! Dumb, stupid reasons for dumping their pets. There IS no excuse!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I guess i'll just never understand people who get rid of their pets for some stupid, idiotic reason, after having them for so many years. It will and still boggles my mind and breaks my heart.
    Why get an animal in the first place.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

I was reading on another forum about women who got rid of two of her three cats because her new boyfriend told her too.

He insisted her remaining inside only cat be forced to go outside with the dog.
    When the poor thing started having litter tray problems (though stress I guess) they locked him out of their room in a bathroom.

Then this lady posts 'help me with my spoilt cat'...poor cat.

She didn't like my advice.

That's terrible! No one should do that to any pet! I hope they find homes with owners who actually CARE for them!

Originally posted by PayItForward
    I was reading on another forum about women who got rid of two of her three cats because her new boyfriend told her too.

He insisted her remaining inside only cat be forced to go outside with the dog.
    When the poor thing started having litter tray problems (though stress I guess) they locked him out of their room in a bathroom.

Then this lady posts 'help me with my spoilt cat'...poor cat.

She didn't like my advice.

That woman wouldn't like my advice either. She is pathetic...
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?

What aggravates me....

I hate it when elderly cats are surrendered to shelters. Lucky for several I've picked up (before they were dumped out) the shelter I am bringing kitties to do adopt them out, and often to older persons looking for older cats. The stress muct be horrible for a cat that's known only one person all it's life, and then to find itself stuck in a cage. I've seen a few from a shelter I washed my hands of (long story) stop eating, develop hepatic lipidosis and die. Why can't cats just be born sterile? jan
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~

stupid owners

when I adopted Nikki, she came from an abusive owner ( I use the term owner loosely). She was never cared for, her fur was matted, she was fed just to keep her out of the way, and she was surrendered because the owner became pregnant and she said quote "IT'S ON TO A NEW PROJECT" unquote. She owned Nikki for three years. GRRRRR!

Re: Some people make me sick! RANT

Originally posted by Ally Cat's Mommy
    I was at our shelter yesterday to pick up a trap for our preggie stray. (She went IN last night and the trap door malfunctioned GRRRR - am trying again today).

When I go I always spend some time with the cats and kittens. There are so many gorgeous cats in there at the moment, and I was reading the info on the cages - one lady brought in her FOUR cats, which she had for over two years, because they were "messing up the flowers in the garden". Another gorgeous grey persian cross was left by his owner - after 4 years they "don't want him anymore".

These people make me sick! They never deserve to enjoy the love of an animal. Placing an adult cat in our shelter is basically giving it a death sentence. And with kitten season coming up, and all the cutie-pie kittens being available, who is going to choose an adult cat?

On the positive side, a colleague of my hubby was round at our place, and mentioned wanting to BUY A KITTEN. I spoke to him long and hard about the advantages of a shelter animmal, and an adult cat instead of a kitten, and they have decided to consider adopting an adult cat instead!!! I will be going with them to the shelter when they make their choice!!!
    Disgusting! But at least there is a positive in that you've considered someone to adopt a shelter cat! One kitty gets a new furrever home thanks to you!

Mum to two little humans, a very vocal 14 year old Ragdoll, and a super energetic and snuggly rescue kitten.

RIP Nibbler, joined the Bridge 12 May 2007.
    RIP Pixel, joined the Bridge 24 November 2017.

Heartbreaking on one hand, but then inspirational on the other that you were able to persuade the colleague to adopt an older cat. Their virtues are countless, and the older, the better!!!

All my cats have been adult rescues, and my elderly Lily (recently RB) was so perfect that I shall forever grieve at her departure.

If only humans would not regard cats (and other animals) as lower life forms, we all might be able to sleep better at night, and rescue groups/shelters would not be necessary. Utopia, I know . . . but sometimes dreams do come true!
    AvaJoy
    =^.".^=

Avatar courtesy of Kimlovescats . . . many thanks!
    EvErY LiFe ShOuLd HaVe NiNe CaTs

Gosh, this thread was a hard one to read. No wonder I stopped volunteering at the shelter...I'd see these stupid reasons, my favorite being "allergies", and have to take them all home! In the five months we volunteered there, we adopted three cats!!

Olivia: "Moving"
    Oliver: (who later went back because he kept attacking our cats ...but, got adopted to a great home a month later! ) "Allergies"
    Micah: I don't know the reason, but he was a breeder cat and was dumped with another Aby, who died during her spay. Micah, of course was so ill the only way he was able to leave was because I begged and was a good volunteer.

People are idiots and thankfully, I believe that what goes around, comes around.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

idiotic excuses

My "favorite" excuse when I was volunteering was "he (or she) missed missed the litter box, twice". That makes me mad GRRRRR!

If You Don't Talk To Your Cat About Catnip, Who Will?

The Best One I Heard

Was a friend of mine used to work in a well known shelter as the manager. She was floored when a woman comes walzting in returning the cat she had adopted a year or two before, and claims "She doesn't match the new furniture"!
    ~*~ "None left to rescue, none left to buy, none left to suffer, none left to die. None to be beaten, none to be kicked...all must be loved and all must be fixed".
    Author Unknown ~*~

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

~BRRR~ I'VE BEEN FROSTED!!!~ BRRR~