Thread: Cats just won't stop....

Cats just won't stop....

I have a total of 6 cats and they all do pretty well except for 2 of them and they only fight with each other. Its not playful fighting, its serious fighting and I usually just spray them with water to make them stop or i yell a loud noise and that stops them but its gotten so bad that my one has decided to start peeing on the couch!! What do I do??? Ideas? Products? anything! my last resort is getting rid of one because i have had the one that has started peeing for 8 years. so really getting rid of one is not an option for me, it would break my heart, i'm sitting right now and there are 4 cats right by me but when the one decides he's energetic he goes right to the one who just growls and then really fights with him and then she'll pee, its about 1 a week she will pee on the couch. It has been 3 months since introducing the instigator to the picture. That is my nickname to for him.

I have 8 cats and sometimes a couple of mine get into it too.

The first suggestion I can make is to take the one peeing to the vet to rule out a Urinary Tract Infection.

Once that has been ruled out, try giving the aggressive one Nature's Remedy (found in any nature food store). It's an all herbal liquid that will calm the cat. There is also Feliway. It is a plug-in aroma therapy for cats. If that doesn't work, you may want to talk to your vet about possible medication for the aggressive one.

I have tried almost ALL of these remedies when my cat Tucker (now named Otto) kept attacking my oldest male Casey (RB, 2002). It finally became apparent that Tucker needed to be an only cat. My friends adopted him and he has been living the life of Riley. It also helped my cat Casey go back to normal. When he was on anti-anxiety meds, he was not himself. He would hide in the closet and sleep all the time. I really didn't like how it changed his personality. That's when I thought it best to rehome Tucker, since I had Casey since he was 5 weeks old.

You should do what is in the cats best interest. Give some of the suggestions a try. If all else fails, find an only cat home for the aggressive one. It might just be the best solution.

Good luck and please keep us posted.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!