Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Question I HATE people asking...

Question I HATE people asking...

It used to be "Do you have a boyfriend?" Ok, I can forgive whoever asked, because they are just plain nosy. But what I can't stand lately is "How much is your dog?". I was ok the first time I heard this question, but then I think this is a very rude question, especially it's asked the first time the people see my dog. What would they think if someone ask them "How old are you?" the first time they meet someone. If ANYONE dare to ask me this question AGAIN, I would answer "PRICELESS" and if they insist on getting a number I would say "NON OF YOUR BUSINESS." I am sorry, but this question does upset me. And my dog IS priceless!

Please feel free to add your question...
    Jen & Gigi

Thanks Kay for the set.

Are they offering to buy her from you, or asking how much you paid for her?

If they are asking to buy her, I think they're just jealous of your wonderful Gigi.

But if they're asking how much you paid for her then yes, that is rude. It's not like a more expensive dog is better than a free one, or like you are a better or worse dog owner depending on how much you paid for your dog.

1 girl, 1 pup, 2 guinea piggies, 1 bunny & 1 turtle!

No, they are not buying her from me, even if they are...Gigi is NOT for sale. I don't know WHY they ask. They will ask "What's her name" "What kind of dog is she" Then out of no where: "How much is she"(as in "How much I have paid for her") Honestly I don't know why it should be asked.
    Jen & Gigi

Thanks Kay for the set.

Priceless is the perfect answer.
    It's honest!

Maybe they are asking because they are considering purchasing a purebred dog and want to know the price range?
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

These are most likely the same tactless people who ask how much you make a year and how much you weigh.

Or they may be shallow and think that if it doesn't cost a fortune, it's worthless. I would respectfully decline to answer, and say that it's none of their business.

Or tell them $4500 and see if their eyes bug out!

Thats an odd question. It would have never occired to me to ask that question!

One question I get ALL the time is "So when are you two having a baby together?" Answer: we're NOT! (This is hubby's second marriage. We have three kids from his first marriage ---- notice I said "we have"? Their real mom's not interested in being in their lives and I'm raising them as my own. I'm not having a baby with my husband just because people think thats what stepmothers do.)

Originally posted by Twisterdog
    Maybe they are asking because they are considering purchasing a purebred dog and want to know the price range?
    I can tell you that's a NO. The people who asked because they want to know how much I have to pay to get Gigi. I know the question itself is no harm, but WHY ask. I don't see the point.

Originally posted by micki76
    These are most likely the same tactless people who ask how much you make a year and how much you weigh.
    Micki, funny you mentioned this. I have an aunt who did ask me how much I made IN FRONT OF EVERYONE IN A FAMILY GATHERING. She asked not out of care or concern, but instead she wanted to put me down in front of everyone.
    Jen & Gigi

Thanks Kay for the set.

People are so rude sometimes!

Two and a half weeks ago I had a nose job. After about a week I just had to get out of the house even though I looked terrible.

lololol

People would be like, "OMG!! What happened to your face?!?!?"

How rude!! I figured since they had no business asking I'd just start making things up. Hehe.

I told one lady I was taking up amateur boxing, I told another lady that someone cut in line in front of me and I kicked her a$$!!

A couple of people got scared and kind of backed away.
    ~Kat

Originally posted by Cheshirekatt
    I told one lady I was taking up amateur boxing, I told another lady that someone cut in line in front of me and I kicked her a$$!!
    LOL. I love your answers. How about "Someone asked me a dumb question and I kicked her a$$." hahaha...
    Jen & Gigi

Thanks Kay for the set.

Originally posted by jenfer
    LOL. I love your answers. How about "Someone asked me a dumb question and I kicked her a$$." hahaha...
    Yeah, I started getting pretty creative! Hehe. Although my bf refused to go anywhere with me because he was convinced everyone would think he beat me up! If they only knew that I could totally kick his a$$!
    ~Kat

you know what question i hate? i used to look alot like my sister when i was little ( i still do sorta) and people would alway s come up and ask :
    LAdy: Oh how cute! Are they twins?
    My Mom: no
    Lady: are you sure?

lol i think that's so funny how could my mom not know if we were twins?? that's so dumb. and another time...
    Lady" how

Originally posted by G.P.girl
    you know what question i hate? i used to look alot like my sister when i was little ( i still do sorta) and people would alway s come up and ask :

lol i think that's so funny how could my mom not know if we were twins?? that's so dumb. and another time...
    Lady" how

"Here's Your Sign!" as Bill Engvall would say!

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

Originally posted by G.P.girl
    HA! That reminds me, my brother and I are 14 months apart. We are basically carbon copies of each other (only he a him, and me a her ) mom used a double srtoller before they were used reguarly because it was easier than chasing after a 2 year old and holding a 6 month old. People would walk up to her and ask that question... my mom was like "ummmm... do you notice that she's running and he's barely able to sit up?"

My brother also was very good about falling out of bed as a kid and always had a good shiner. Mom said people would walk up to her and ak her if she beat him.

catnapper I liove you attitude about raising your children . I see too many combined familes and kids get the shaft most times.I nominate you mom of the month.