Thread: What would you say to this offer?

What would you say to this offer?

I think i know the answer,lol
    While at Agility class (which we have only been a member for like two months)(we already know quite alot) it helps with such a perfect willing dog, to do every thing i ask,lol.
    anyhow a new member joined with there mad GSD (tottally untrained, no respect for anyone, even his owner) and at the end of our lession i was poping Rio over jumps on the way out totally chuffed at how well we did compared to the rest of the group, this GSD lady came up to me with there dog pulling like mad, obvioulsy i kept Rio very close to me, and she said "is that you b***h", "yes", "spayed"? "no", "well we were wondering if you were willing to sell her to us for a sum of £200 plus milly, shes not done either,She good really and you obvioulsy could do her better then we could, and yours is so good we could handle her", dun dun der I said NO, "i said if you cant handle your dog take her to an obediance class, me and Rio are on the way to the top, and noone can take her there but me".
    and i left.
    There isnt enough money in the WORLD that would make me part with rio.
    So what would you have said,lol
    Ky and Rio
    Ky = Me, Rio, the new addition Donnie and Tia (the fuzzy ferts) = My Love My Life My All.

I would have done the same, but continued and said "If you want a well-trained dog, you need to be a well-trained human! Rio wasn't born knowing all this, we have learned together!" A GSD is usually a smart dog, and very capable of and willing to be trained - and can be trouble if NOT trained. Education Education Education!

Rio's worth more than anything she could ever offer you. We all know that!

Some people think dogs are just possessions! What a lazy pet owner.
    Billy and Willy! (2 of my 4)

I would not give my dogs to anyone for anything in the world.

Pretty sure everyone here will say the same
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

I know she was one of the people I call "for looks owner" people, where she has a big strong beast of a dog to look cool and big, its like so uncool to have a powerfull animal untrained.
    I know that rio wasnt born trianed but it helps so much that she focus's on me, does EXACTLY what i say/when i say/how i say, at the drop of a hat, she just wants to get it right so much, and she loves the fun too.
    Like i said if the whole world clubed All of the money together to get my dog i would say i dont need that money im rich already.
    Ky and rio
    Ky = Me, Rio, the new addition Donnie and Tia (the fuzzy ferts) = My Love My Life My All.

If someone offered millions for Duke, they would be out of luck. No amount of money in the world would tempt me to give up my furry soul mate. What a hateful person! I feel sorry for the dog.

9/3/13
    I did the right thing by setting you free
    But the pain is very deep.
    If only I could turn back time, forever, you I'd keep.
    I miss you

I hear you whimper in your sleep
    I gently pet you and say, no bad dreams
    It will be alright, to my dog as dark as night.

Fur as dark as the night.
    Join me on this flight.
    Paws of love that follow me.
    In my heart you'll forever be.
    [/SIZE]

How I wish I could hold you near.
    Turn back time to make it so.
    Hug you close and never let go.
    11/12/06

Well of course I'd say no way! I'm with the rest of you. My dogs have given me more riches than I'll probably ever know

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

I think many people jump into dog ownership with out the knowlege and the nohow. When ever I run across someone who ask how I got my dog to behave so well I explain to them lots and lots of obedience training and lots and lots of DOGGIE COOKIES

Join Sweet Pea at The Bunny Forum
    Come join me and FizzGigg at The Bichon Lovers Clubhouse
    Thank You Anita & Kay for the wonderful Siggys

Hmm, thats alot of money, ::looks at Nova::

JUST KIDDING! I wouldn't give Nova up for all the gold in the world! She's mine and she's staying that way! FOREVER

I probly would have just stood there stareign at the women like excuss me? Did I hear you right? LOL.

Ash
    Dogs: Nova, Konnor and Sitka

HA! I wouldn't sell any of my babies for any amount!

Thank you Wolf_Q!

I would never sell Layla! And I've been offered a lot...$300 for a mutt! I told them they had to be kidding. Nothing against them, they could have been good pet owners, but to have the guts to ask to buy someones baby?! And I would definitly not sell to an irresponsible owner!

You know, when we were doing a fundraiser at the mall for Christmas, I took Leo with me once. As we were going through our typical training commands such as "sit", "down", "shake", "high five", etc., it was amazing to me how many people made comments like, "I didn't know that shelter dogs are so well trained" and I had to explain to them that he didn't come that way. It took time, effort and patience for him to learn it all.

It amazes me how many people think that dogs come fully trained without any effort of their owners. All you can really do is try to stress how much training benefits the dogs and their owners and how you have to make an effort to do it.