Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Destruction - made by cats (picture thread)

Destruction - made by cats (picture thread)

I thought I'd start a picture thread that shows all the destruction the little loved ones have done to our homes:

Here's what Lily did:

It's the tissue of the curtain I have on my entrance door. Lily is jumping into it and tearing it down several times a day, she thinks it's very funny.

And a couple of weeks ago, I found this in my living room:

And I don't even want to mention all the broken flower pots or destroyed plants, or the guest bed I had to dispose because Luna has constantly peed onto it...

But no matter what they do, we love them anyway, don't we?!

Kirsten

I don't have enough space on my computer to hold all the pictures of Ripley's destruction. I would have to show all my carpets (puke spots), many pieces of furniture that he uses for scratching posts (even though we have three large posts and lost of other things for him to sharpen on) and all the wood door trims where he use to jump theme and ride them down with his claws.

The list goes on and on and if I keep thinking about it I'll either cry or start laughing hysterically.

From Decker with Love

Poor you! Reminds me a lot to my RB Katz actually.

Well, the more I'm thinking about it, I guess I'm very lucky with my girls now!

Maybe Ripley has good chances in a "most destructive cat contest"?

Kirsten

What a great thread!

Pouncer has killed my wooden banister with his claws:

(Pay no attention to the dust)

He also think the couch makes a perfect scratching post:

He is also using the radiator cover in the bathroom as a scratching post... the photo didn't turn out, but trust me, burgundy paint doesn't look great after a cat sharpens his claws on it.

It's too bad I didn't get a picture of the lamp that my son's cat Sades broke into pieces. Apart from that, I have been very fortunate with my furbabies not destroying too much around the house. A good trick that i've learned to stop a cat from scratching a couch, is take pieces of fresh orange peel and pin them to the area that your cat has a tendency to scratch. They hate the smell of citrus and it worked for me.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

The furniture in my living room is in a permanent position. What that means is that until I can afford to recarpet - all of the furniture is positioned to hide all of the horrible spots my R/B kitty, Patches made.

I have forest green carpeting, so every spot shows up very clearly.

Rascal doesn't like my fireplace screen - it is his favorite place to let out a spray.

One day not too long ago, I was showering and heard this incredibly loud crash. There in a million pieces was the shade to my antique hurricane lamp which had been on my dresser.

I used to close off the doors to my living and dining rooms. It seemed to make them so mad that they couldn't get in there that they were worse in the other rooms. I finally just gave up and opened all of the doors. It is far more convenient for me and they seemed to have calmed down.

I am embarrassed when people come over - it's good to be able to vent the frustration with people who understand.

Love them any less??? - No, of course not, they are just as spoiled as always.

Originally posted by catnapper

Ah yes, I know this picture well. We just got rid of a sofa and love seat that looked just like that on all four corners. Also all my mattresses look that way on the end corners. I keep telling hubby that a big gorgeous sleigh bed would take care of that problem.

I've been putting up with Ripley's destructive behavior for 12 years now. In fact, my parents even had to deal with it for a couple of months years ago when we were moving and he stayed with them. He totally shredded the wallpaper in their hallway, scratched the paint off their bedroom door wanting in with them at night and scratched up half the window sills in their house. What a varmit!!

Jazz is into wood scratching too. She loves all the door frames in the house.

Little Scout is my only well behaved kitty.

From Decker with Love

I don't have any pictures of the destruction that my furbabies have done so I will just have to say that they have TOTALLED the following

Couch
    Sliding glass door the the deck
    Trim throught the house
    Carpet (throw-up)
    My dining room table chairs .... thanks to Smokey
    Numberous breakable figurines and nick nacks
    Abner has managed to walk on the curtain robs thus tearing the screws from the walls

oops, had to come back and edit...Tucker has destroyed my husbands favorite chair with BOOGERS!!!! she sneezes so much that we have to cover the chair with a blanket

AND YES I STILL LOVE THEM!!!

Smokey, Mystic, Abner

Gabriel (Dude), Gracie, Vegas, and Scarlet

Consider adopting a special needs pet, they deserve a chance too!

RAINBOW BRIDGE BABIES
    Tony 2/15/99
    Tigger 10/16/06
    Tucker 8/1/08

I guess I never realized how good our kitties are we don't have any of that . ebony tries once in a great while to get behind the couch and we hear her and tell her no and she stops. Winky attacks the trees outside.
    Thanks for reminding me how good my kitties are.

Tucker has destroyed my husbands favorite chair with BOOGERS!!!! she sneezes so much that we have to cover the chair with a blanket
    OMG!!! I thought my 10 year old cat Mollie Rose was the only one who has sneezed all over every single spot in my apartment!!!

I feel your pain, catlover4ever!! There's nothing worse than putting clean sheets and a WHITE bedspread on your bed only to find slimey green boogers on it!!!

But like Gini said, love them any less??? Heck no! They're just spoiled as ever!

As far as destruction of my furniture is concerned, I've been very fortunate in that my cats use their cat trees for scratching. I bought my living room set about 6 years ago and they haven't touched it. Of course, LilEli is pushing his luck in that every once in a while he tries to scratch it. That's when the water bottle comes out and he gets wet!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I don't have any pictures because most of the things that have been destroyed have been thrown out. These would include knick knacks and a basket that Trevor chewed on as a kitten. He also chewed on my blinds (metal) and bent the ends so that I had to take them down also. Andy never really did anything bad except as a kitten he would throw himself at your legs and bite. Thankfully he outgrew that!

I could show a sofa like that. And we have the starry sky in the sheets (all made by kitty claws). I think we bought the apartment because we could have never given it back to the landlord

Originally posted by jazzcat
    I keep telling hubby that a big gorgeous sleigh bed would take care of that problem.
    You too? Hubby said last night during a home decorating show that we should "get a bed like that one" Its a sleigh bed exactly like the one I've been pointing out for a year now Our bed died about 6 months ago when Pouncer was a kitten... it was my bed since I was a little girl and my grandfather's bed before that, and someone's before that. Needless to say, it was old. Pouncer jumped up on the bed, I rolled over to grab him, and the bed went *whooomp* onto the floor!

As for the couch, that was a freebie, so I don't care what it looks like. My ex-boss had it sitting in his basement for 20 years (hence the horrid 70's/80's fabric) and nobody ever used it. In its first week in my home, it had three drink stains and Allen discovered it wasn't a bad scratching post.

This is the work of Costello. He has several other places that he is allowed to scratch on (the cat tree, cat furniture etc), but still this sofa was the best one. We bought a new one in leather just one week ago, and I really hope he won't start on that one too. I don't think he will when it's not that great scratch material as the old one. We also have several marks from their claws in the wood floor from when they chase each other, but it doesn’t matter that much when it’s very old (almost 100 years, actually!) and has a lot of marks already. Tess has been peeing on the mail some few times (even if it was long time ago now), but I guess it was bills then.

Last edited by *ABYCAT* Alice; 03-20-2004 at 02:46 AM.

Cubby isn't really a destructive cat, except for the plants that are cat friendly. Or can I count when he knocks over the trash and crawls in it to get out a piece of steak or chicken? Even if he was very destructive I would still love him no matter. I know when I was little my brother and I were very destructive.

Katie