Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I have a question about contractions

I have a question about contractions

Today I stayed home from school cause I wasn't feeling well and cause Sada is acting weird. She is just as cuddly but she doesn't move around as much, I also find her sprawled out on the floor on her side, when she used to never lay on the floor. She is also starting to produce milk now, which just started last night! My question is, I was sitting with my hand on her belly and every now and then I would feel something move in her tummy, kinda like something kicked it, but I dont' think it was kick cause I got kicked by the kittens yesterday (one of them pushed really hard on the side really quick, I swear I could almost feel the leg!!) do you think these could be contractions? Or do you just think one of the kittens is kicking? I'm so nervouse! LOL, I'm sure it's probly nothing BTW: Her due date is tomrrow so we are expecting them any time!

Any advice?

Ash
    Dogs: Nova, Konnor and Sitka

No advice, but this is all so exciting! Good luck!

Originally posted by catnapper
    No advice, but this is all so exciting! Good luck!
    You should see me, LOl. I'm shaking and it's like, every mintue I run in there to check on her, ::whew:: she is ok Geez, she is all relaxed and calm and I'm all gitter like, are you ok? Do you need water? Do you have food? Want me to lie here with you? Maybe you should lie on the bed instead of the floor? Is that ok for the baby? Dont' get up! I'll get your food! AHH, I've turned into an expecting father

Thanx, I'll keep everyone posted, I have a gut feeling it's going ot be today or tomrrow.

Ash

I have a feeling it will be in the middle of the night, and you'll have a surprise one morning when you wake up!!! Relax, she will be just fine!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

All I can say is pictures...pictures...pictures.

Waiting to hear good news

I'm trying so hard to just leave her alone and not get her upset I don't see any "real" signs of labor or anything like that, YET! LOL. I hope she gives birth soon, she is driving me crazy

Ash

I don't even begin to know where I'm "from"
    I'm probably not the best person to ask about this, because I only knew my rb girl Pookie was in labor when her water broke on my lap!

Good luck!
    Doing my part to save BBD's, one dog at a time!

you've probably mentioned this in other posts but do you have a box ready for her - preferably in a quiet area?

When the contractions do happen, they will be visible to you. She might start to get more restless or needy and not want you to leave her alone.

If one of them is born breech (tail first), you want to keep an eye on her - she will probably do just fine but if she gets real tired or starts to struggle you may want to contact a vet.

finally, depending on how many she has - she might get tired - I remember that our cat delivered her first three right away and then didn't deliver the fourth until an hour later. By then she was tired and wasn't licking and cleaning the last kitten like she was supposed to so I moved the kitten closer to her face and she imediately started to take care of him.

GOOD LUCK

These are not the droids you were looking for

Wow! how exciting is that! I'm so jealous...do keep up posted please!!!

This is so exciting! If I were you, I'd probably be about to fly apart at the seams, too.

I just can't wait to see pictures. You and Sada are going to be a great parenting team!

11. I'm the first to admit "I don't know nothing about birthing no babies" but I have read of the importance of a birthing box with towels or an old but soft and clean blanket. It is preferable to your socks drawer! Some place cozy and quiet....

She has a nice lil laundry basket with towels in in that she ALWAYS sleeps in, she just is crazy bout it! (we also have a blanket in the room that once she gives birth to all the kitties I can put the clean blanket in there) She is in our spare bedroom, no one goes in there un less they are checking on her so it's very quite and peaceful.

Thanx for all the well wishes everyone! Hopefully it'll all go smothly! Thanx for the tips Catland!!!

Ashley

I have a feeling it will be in the middle of the night, and you'll have a surprise one morning when you wake up!!! Relax, she will be just fine!
    As excited as Aspen and Misty seems, I would be suprised if she gets any sleep tonight. She will probably be to busy running to check on her and thinking about when she will have the babies that she wont be able to get any sleep.

Originally posted by Aspen and Misty
    I've turned into an expecting father

And like any expecting father, the best thing you can do is calm down....but I know it's hard! I would be just like you if I was expecting kittens anyday now.

I know you've done a lot of research on kittens being born, so I know that they and mama will be just fine in your hands. You just have to be patient......
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Originally posted by cubby31682
    As excited as Aspen and Misty seems, I would be suprised if she gets any sleep tonight. She will probably be to busy running to check on her and thinking about when she will have the babies that she wont be able to get any sleep.
    Who? Me? Exited? NEVER There is a bed in her bedroom, I plan on sleeping in there for the next few night untill I find kittens! That way I'll be there just in case

Ash