Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ebay....

Ebay....

I always just go on Ebay and look at stuff I wish I had lol.
    It totally sux because my parents dont want credit cards, and refuse to get them... blah..
    Does anyone eles just goto ebay or other bidding sites and look around for fun, and just drool over the cheap stuff you wish you had ahaha..
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

Unfortunately, I go into ebay and bid on way too much stuff that I can't afford! I wish someone would take away MY credit cards! Ebay is indeed an addiction!
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

I wish the only way you could get stuff on ebay was by having a credit card. Unfortunately you don't need one.... LOL

You do have to have a credit card to become an Ebay member (at least you did when I joined) but no, you don't always have to have one to bid.

Before I had a credit card I bought tons of stuff under my dad's account and paid with money orders. Now I have my own Ebay ID and Paypal. I actually have bid much less with my own account, strange...

Well not anymore then, as I don't have a credit card, I'm a member, and I bid on things all the time....LOL

They must have changed their policy then or something.

I don't look cause chances are I don't need any of the stuff but I'd want it and buy it anyway and waste all my money lol

My babies: Josie, Zeke, Kiba, Shadow (AKA Butter)

Originally posted by Shelteez2
    Well not anymore then, as I don't have a credit card, I'm a member, and I bid on things all the time....LOL
    it wouldent let me join because i didnt have a credit card...
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

Yep, I find stuff all the time, but I actually never bid. Don't quite know why, I guess I realize it's stuff I don't need.

I'm not sure how it's possible to function in our society without a credit card of some type.

Originally posted by 2kitties
    I'm not sure how it's possible to function in our society without a credit card of some type.
    I'm doing quite nicely! We had a huge credit card problem last year, and my husband and I cut up every last one! Its interesting the choices you make once you know you have to have the money in the account before you buy it! No more fun runs to Friendly's for ice-cream or new shoes "just because."

We occasionally run into problems where people want a credit card - like reservations in a hotel - but more and more places are able to accept checks over the phone as long as you provided the routing numbers, etc.

As for e-bay, its something I've never had a yen to visit. My friend sells on it all the time and does quite well.. I've photographed a few things to sell, but never got around to actually posting.

I don't have one, or any intenton of getting one. :P

Thank you Wolf_Q!

Originally posted by 2kitties
    It is possible, but sometimes it really sucks. I cannot get one.
    I have applied three times and have been turned down. I am 22 and don't have any credit rating. I work full time and live with my parents (who I pay rent). The worst part is that if I were going to school they would be jumping to give me a credit card. Because students have money, right? ???

I use my credit card every day. I never carry a balance, though. I travel alot and use my cards for my job all the time. I have to rent cars and hotel rooms all the time. Plus, I like the perks and airline miles. They really add up. And I hate cash. Never have more than a ten spot on me at a time. And I shop online alot as well.
    Credit cards are important for your credit ratings. Having had a good relationship with a card company throughout college enabled me to finance my first car on my own. It just takes discipline.

I don't do EBay, either, but my husband does, and he's found some really good deals on simple items like shirts, jewelry, etc. The "biggest" thing he every purchased was before we got married and he wanted to do something for my daughter. He bought her an autographed Shaquille O'Neal Laker's jersey. Might not mean much to you guys, but it meant the world to Helen!

As for credit cards, I say, don't do them if you haven't done them yet. We don't have any at this point. We have found that using a debit card (straight from our checking account) handles everything we need. As for travel expenses, both of us have corporate issued cards to handle that.