Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: This is why I don't use E-Bay

This is why I don't use E-Bay

Yes this is real. The owner of this lovely calico has no clue. I am so angry and upset at this...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...tem=3175140080

Please do not view this if you are prone to feeling ill at animal cruelty.
    "A cat cannot see directly under its nose. This is why the cat cannot seem to find tidbits on the floor."

OMG!!!

Is there anyone that lives close to this looser that can report them. I did not think that that they allowed that on ebay? I thought that the selling of live animals was not allowed.

Either way this person needs to have that cat taken away.

Actually, I just looked and that is not allowed according to there rules. I tried to report it and the report a problem link would only allow me to report a problem if I was a user.

Could someone with a user id to ebay report that.
    Bob & Joey,
    and their happy and willing slave, Bryan.

Many Thanks to Kay for the Picture.

My motto - "Bad Spellers of the World, UNTIE!!!!"

I have an ebay ID, if I can figure it out I'll report it..

Poor kitty.

Ok, I reported it.

Thanks Wolf Q - I have reported it too but I am seriously concerned for Austin.

I really have no idea what to do about that. That is what is upsetting me the most.

Sometimes its so hard to live in Australia
    "A cat cannot see directly under its nose. This is why the cat cannot seem to find tidbits on the floor."

God, this makes me so angry!!! What a stupid **** (I better do not say this here)!!!

wolf_Q, thanks for reporting that to ebay, but I'm really worried about this poor cat. Someone should take Austin away from that idiot! Are there any local animal rights organizations in the Boca Raton area/Florida that could be informed?

Please, anyone living in that area must do something!!!

Geez, this makes me so mad!! Thought about sending messages to that seller but then again I was wondering if that would only provoke him to do something to that kitty.

The entire thing makes me especially sad since I also have these peeing and pooping problems with Luna. There are so many things you can do to help them when they have these problems, and for me, it has never been an option to give her up because of these things, I love her so much, no matter if she has these potty accidents or not!!! But there are so many people out there who should never be allowed to have pets!!

Kirsten
    Last edited by Kirsten; 02-15-2004 at 05:00 AM.

Remember when I found someone trying to sell kittens on ebay

Originally posted by wolf_Q
    Ok, I reported it.

Thank you Amy!

How horrible. I'm glad it was reported, but if the auction is cancelled, the guy will keep the cat - and who knows how he'll try and get rid of it this time! I agree with Kirsten - someone who lives in that area needs to do something about that poor cat.

I feel so bad when I see animals on eBay. I know they will be reported, but I often think the animal will be better off not with the cold-hearted person who is trying to sell them via eBay. I just keep hoping that the high bidder is a softie who recognizes this animal's plight and is bidding to save the poor thing.

Can people really be this dumb? Poor thing was only up to $5.50 too!

I wish we had room in our budget for her - we could afford the $5.50, not the extra food and vet costs!

I just keep hoping that the high bidder is a softie who recognizes this animal's plight and is bidding to save the poor thing
    I thought the same... and if not, I don't even want to picture what will happen to the poor baby!

Wish I was rich, there are so many animals in this world who would need help and support!

Kirsten

I am just as sickened and disgusted as the rest of you - I also reported him to eBay, and I sent him an email asking why he doesn't just take the cat to the Humane Society if he finds her so objectionable. I asked him how he would ship the cat to Wisconsin if I chose to bid on her too. (I'll let you know when I get a response from him.) Then I went a step further and called the Palm Beach County Sheriffs Department (animal cruelty division) and spoke with a very nice deputy there who said he will contact eBay and see if they will give him this idiot's phone number or address. Maybe if this piece of human excrement knows that he's under investigation by the sheriffs department, he'll retract that listing and surrender that gorgeous cat.
    The legend says that Mohammed adored cats. When one of them was sleeping on his sleeve and he had to go out, Mohammed supposedly cut off the sleeve so as not to disturb his pet.

A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast - Proverbs 12:10

How we behave toward cats here below determines our status in heaven. - Robert A. Heinlein

What greater gift than the love of a cat? ~ Charles Dickens

There is, incidently, no way of talking about cats that enables one to come off as a sane person. - Dan Greenberg

If purring could be encapsulated, it'd be the most powerful anti-depressant on the market. ~Alexis F. Hope

I just clicked on the link and it must not be there anymore, because it just took me to the homepage. So I assume it has been retracted as of now.

Thank You, kittycats_delight for my new siggy!!!

It's still there, unfortunately -
    The legend says that Mohammed adored cats. When one of them was sleeping on his sleeve and he had to go out, Mohammed supposedly cut off the sleeve so as not to disturb his pet.

A righteous man regardeth the life of his beast - Proverbs 12:10

How we behave toward cats here below determines our status in heaven. - Robert A. Heinlein

What greater gift than the love of a cat? ~ Charles Dickens

There is, incidently, no way of talking about cats that enables one to come off as a sane person. - Dan Greenberg

If purring could be encapsulated, it'd be the most powerful anti-depressant on the market. ~Alexis F. Hope

I tried to send this dirtbag an email. Unfortunately I can remember what my member name and password are, that's how long it's been since I've used it. I hope to hell they take poor Austin off of e-bay. I just hope to GOD he's okay. I'd be willing to take him. The poor thing needs a Vet, not to be abused by this piece of crap.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!