Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No animal testing

No animal testing

We only try to purchase foods that are not tested on animals. IAMS is in some really hot water right now for abusing their test animals. Most people think that test animals for pet food companies just see if the animal likes to eat their food. Not so. It is really sad how the animals suffer. I know that sometimes it is hard to afford or find the foods that don't test on animals, but I think in the long run, it's worth it.

woops! Sorry folks! I was trying to reply to the thread on dog food. Sorry for the malfunction.

I haven't heard anything about IAMS, except I know some people have problems with it, but thats all I know! why are they in hot water?

RIP Jasper. I can't believe you're gone.
    RIP Tigger...I miss you every single day.
    Piddle Jasper Wiggles Emma Tucker Almond Pecan
    RB Furbabies:
    Tigger Ace

RIP Angus, I miss you!

They are being investigated for animal cruelty. Here is an excerpt from the website www.iamscruelycom

"For nearly 10 months in 2002 and early 2003, a PETA investigator went undercover at an Iams contract testing laboratory and discovered a dark and sordid secret beneath the wholesome image of the dog- and cat-food manufacturer: dogs gone crazy from intense confinement to barren steel cages and cement cells, dogs left piled on a filthy paint-chipped floor after having chunks of muscle hacked from their thighs; dogs surgically debarked; horribly sick dogs and cats languishing in their cages, neglected and left to suffer with no veterinary care."

Go to the site and check it out. The site has photo and video proof. Sad to say, but it is horrible. A company who makes us believe that they love and care about animals. Many people have boycotted IAMS until they clean up their act. I have. Spread the news, help the animals.

God bless

I swear I cannot type today!!!!

Here is the site:

www.iamscruelty.com

I am appoled I am Upset And I am in utterlly shock to think a huge company such as Iams is doing that! Never again will I buy there cookies for my boys!

Join Sweet Pea at The Bunny Forum
    Come join me and FizzGigg at The Bichon Lovers Clubhouse
    Thank You Anita & Kay for the wonderful Siggys

this has been going on for quite some time now (years & years) & it is not the first time they are under investigation. Just for those that do not know Eukanuba is part of the iams co. too.

This is the ONLY reason i do not support their products.

ill have to look around to find them again but there are many other sites about this out there & some have some very disturbing photos & videos.
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

thanks for posting that link aki! I had no idea - that's so awful!

1 girl, 1 pup, 2 guinea piggies, 1 bunny & 1 turtle!

There are a lot of companies that DO NOT test on animals. There is a list on that site. You can also get lists of other companies that do not test. For example beauty and cleaning supplies and also charities.

What about Pedigree

RIP Jasper. I can't believe you're gone.
    RIP Tigger...I miss you every single day.
    Piddle Jasper Wiggles Emma Tucker Almond Pecan
    RB Furbabies:
    Tigger Ace

RIP Angus, I miss you!

Originally posted by DogLover9501
    What about Pedigree
    not sure if they do testings or not but personally i dont pay attention because i do not personally care for their food. Too much corn & other fillers & too many by products & such.
    Soar high & free my sweet fur angels. I love you Nanook & Raustyk... forever & ever.

Here is a list of foods that test on animals. Alot of them are from the same company (like Alpo and Friskies are both from Purina) but it helps you get an idea.

IAMS, Eukanuba, Alpo, Arthur's, Bakers Complete, Bonio, Bonus, Bounce, Brekkies, Cesar, Chappie, Choice, Choosy, Chunky, Felix, Friskies/Winalo, Go-Cat, Go-Dog, Gourmet, Hills Science Diet, Katkins, Kitekat, Mighty Dog, Omega Complete, Pal, Pedigree, Ralston Purina, Sheba, Spillers, Whiskas.

Edit: By the way, I don't know some of these foods, but the ones I do know are very low-quality. I wonder if there's a connection at all. It makes me think that they don't care about the animals they abuse, so why care about the animals they feed?
    I've been BOO'd!

We were just watching a dog show on a one of the cable channels and IAMS was a sponsor. And here I am thinking, how can they say they are animal lovers when they do these things? It makes me sick. My pets are like children to me and I cannot imagine someone treating them like that. Likewise I wouldn't purchase clothing (for example) for my daughter (or anyone) that were made by slave labor overseas.

Right on Wolfsoal and aki, I'm with you all the way.

That is just awful! One of the reasons I am switching my dogs to something different. Does Nutro do that??
    [CENTER]
    *Brandy*