Thread: alzheimer's

alzheimer's

Hey, everyone. I don't know if this is an appropriate discussion for this particular section of pet talk. I'm hoping that it gets moved if it isn't. And, my apologies to anyone if this is an inapprorpriate post. I lost a friend Sunday to cancer, and, in lieu of flowers, donations are being accepted to the James L West Center in Fort Worth, Texas. I don't personally know anyone with Alzheimer's, but, I read about the establishment at www.jameslwest.com and it seems like a great place. Anyway, if anyone has a couple of bucks to spare, or if you know anyone that has had or has Alzheimer's, donate if you want. It's obviously a good cause and I just thought I'd let people know about it. Hope I didn't offend anyone. I'm not begging, just thought I'd shed some light on the center. Thanks for reading.

Thanks, Dogz!

"...when does sometimes turn into all the time...." Joe Pisapia

"We all start off as strangers, it's where we end up that counts." Jennifer Beals, Four Rooms

"And I find it kind of funny...I find it kind of sad...The dreams in which I’m dying Are the best I’ve ever had" Tears for Fears, Mad World

"The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that's wrong with the world" Dr Paul Farmer

No offense taken! My SIL's 69 year old husband is in the early stages of Alzheimers and it's so sad. He is a WONDERFUL man who can't remember what he said 2 minutes before. It's robbed him of his very active life. If I had the money, I would definitely donate. But unfortunately, finances don't permit me to at this time. Maybe later on down the line.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Glad it wasn't offensive. And, it was more to get the name of the center out there than to ask for donations. I just figured I'd throw that out there. But, yeah, I don't know how much I'll be able to help, but, I guess I would have bought flowers for my friend, and, it's not what he wanted, so, I'm donating. The site for the center is really nice, too. Thanks for the reply though.

Thanks, Dogz!

"...when does sometimes turn into all the time...." Joe Pisapia

"We all start off as strangers, it's where we end up that counts." Jennifer Beals, Four Rooms

"And I find it kind of funny...I find it kind of sad...The dreams in which I’m dying Are the best I’ve ever had" Tears for Fears, Mad World

"The idea that some lives matter less is the root of all that's wrong with the world" Dr Paul Farmer

no need to be sorry at all

hey,

please don't feel you need to say sorry for bringing up a neurology illness i don't have alzheimers but i do have a neurology illness (epilepsy) and i'm not ashamed to bring it up either i've had it since birth and will never be cured i'm not a canidate for brain surgery so i settled of a VNS V agus N erve S timulater. anyway i saw nothing offensive in your post nothing. thanks for the link i'll take a look at it take care.

marylyn

thanks for bringing up the topic...

My dad had AD and it was very tough to see someone
    literally waste away like that....It's a terrible disease and it affects the person, their quality of life - it also take a very heavy toll on the people around them.

Thanks, again.
    The secret of life is nothing at all
    -faith hill

Hey you, don't tell me there's no hope at all -
    Together we stand
    Divided we fall.

I laugh, therefore? I am.

No humans were hurt during the posting of this message.

my mom works as a director at an assited living center and has a few residents w/ alzhheimers desaese.and it is terrible seeing them suffer that its an awful disease.like they all are awful there are over 200 uncureable diseases out there and its sad that none of them can be cured if i had one wish it would be to find a cure for ALL diseses out there.take care

marylyn

They can't be cured NOW, in 2004. BUT... there is a lot of first rate work going on to find ways to at least manage such things. Curing them will probably required rewriting parts of DNA.
    I've been finally defrosted by cassiesmom!
    "Not my circus, not my monkeys!"-Polish proverb