Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boot is BACK TO STAY!!!!

Boots is BACK TO STAY!!!!

It's a long story, but I found out that Boots was not being cared for in the way I had been led to believe he would be. I found out that he was in an outdoor pen even in this winter weather!!! He was getting no socialization at all either! If you remember, Boots was a feral that I took in as a 8 month or so old kitten. He had come a long way, and was finally used to being indoors, which was what I had intended for him!!!

Well, anyways, he was scared at first, but it didn't take him long at all to remember my home, and now he is HOME TO STAY!!!

Last edited by kimlovescats; 01-06-2004 at 01:21 PM.
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

GRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!! An outside pen ???????????????????? How HORRIBLE! Thank goodness you found out and he is back under your wonderful care. What a heartbreaking story, but at least it has a great ending! Boots is a cutie and I just love that spot on his nose
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

I'm so glad that you were able to bring him back to your home so that he can receive the proper care he deserves. He's such a cutie pie.

It is so frustrating that even with our best efforts, not every one will take care of their pets as they lead you to believe. I am so mad at Boots' so called new parents for not simply returning him if they decided he was too much trouble. OUTSIDE!! How awful! But I am so very glad that he is back home, safe and sound!

Poor HANDSOME Boots!! What a shame to be treated that way! No kitty should be cold!!!!
    If I am reading this correctly then you should never have to worry about that again!! I believe that is what the BACK TO STAY means. I'm glad that you will be loved again!

You're a dear and I'm glad Boots is back where he belongs!
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

So happy to hear that Boots is back in your care!

An outdoor pen... outragous!
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Kim,
    Please give Boots an extra hours of loving from me!

Why do people get pets if they're going to put them outside like that? I know many of us here go to the extremes of loving our pets to the point of worship, but isn't that the way it should be? At least he now has a good forever home an has settled back in so nicely!

Welcome back home Boots. Living outside in a outdoor pen was no "good life" for you. I'm so very happy that you are back where you will get the love and attention that you deserve.

Smokey, Mystic, Abner

Gabriel (Dude), Gracie, Vegas, and Scarlet

Consider adopting a special needs pet, they deserve a chance too!

RAINBOW BRIDGE BABIES
    Tony 2/15/99
    Tigger 10/16/06
    Tucker 8/1/08

Kim,

I just don't understand some people (see my sig about STUPID PEOPLE ) Why in the WORLD have a pet if you're just gonna put it outside in a pen.

Poor little Boots! I'm glad that he's back with you where he belongs. Everyday I look at LilEli (semi-feral) and thank my lucky stars that he's in my life. Every once in a while I'll catch him laying in the kitty tree looking out the window at the snow and shutter to think I might never have found him after he fell out my window.

Aren't they the best?????

Give Boots a smoochie from me. You did the right thing.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

I cant understand why , if they wanted Boots , why they didnt care for him ,. But the found Cats thank you , for taking him home , where he belongs! Found Cats Meeeow for Boots , and his Home , Sweet Home!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

One more GRRRRRR at the other people.

I am so happy to hear that you found out and that Boots is back in your home where he will be cared for and loved. At least the story has a happy ending.

Give him a few extra scratches for me.
    Bob & Joey,
    and their happy and willing slave, Bryan.

Many Thanks to Kay for the Picture.

My motto - "Bad Spellers of the World, UNTIE!!!!"

Welcome home, Boots. You'll get all the love and attention you can handle here!
    Oreo and Molly

How sad that after all you did to bring him around, and then they treat him like that. No wonder he was scared at first. I'm so glad you found out about his mistreatment and took him back. I'm so sorry he had to experience the bad side of humans, but now at least he'll never know that side of us again.

Please give him extra hugs and smoochies for me for quickly warming up to you again. He's a cutie.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl