Thread: Yet another story

Yet another story

Yes, I'm writing one too I've been meaning to sit down and start, but haven't gotten around to it until now. You guys have to tell me if you want to hear more, ok!!! Here's the begining.

“Come on, Em, get up!” My mom was yelling at me from the kitchen. I looked at the clock, 7:00am. I groaned and flipped the covers off of myself. Getting up, I glanced in the mirror. Geez, I thought, I look like a zombie. It was true. Dark circles sat under my eyes, and my hair was a ratty mess. Yawning, I rummaged through my overflowing drawer for some clothes. As I was pulling on a tight pink shirt, my little brother, Jake, ran by my room, banging on the door with his toy. He was only 4 years old, but he still was annoying. I grabbed my tightest jeans from the closet and stumbled out the door, still yanking them on. It was picture day, and I had to look perfect. Heading into the bathroom, I almost tripped over my cat, Honey, in the pitch-blackness of the hallway. Picking her up I whispered, “Watch out, Honey, you’re gonna get hurt one of these days.” She jumped out of my arms as I stepped into the bathroom and turned on the light. Looking in the mirror, I shuddered, this was going to take a lot of work. I grabbed my brush and started gently working out the tangles. I loved my hair, and I did the best I could to take care of it. It was long and blonde, past my shoulders, with highlights still showing from the days at the pool in the summer. After getting it all brushed out and shining, I parted to put it up into a half-pony tail. Two pieces on either side of my face remained, framing my face perfectly. I added some shimmery eyeshadow, and lip gloss. “Perfect,” I whispered to myself.

*EDIT*I added the brother's name in

Tell me what you think!
    Last edited by apcrs5122; 01-07-2004 at 06:03 PM.
    Dayna, Alex, Phoebe, Cleo, Rolo, Scooter, & Holly

Thank you so much Popcornbird!

Ohh, very good! Write more!
    - - Tiffany && Blueberry - -

yep! so far so good! keep it up!

It's good! The girl sounds like how i am!

I honestly think this part sucks I hope it will get better, and it will

“Perfect,” I whispered to myself. I turned off the light and walked out the door. While walking through the living room I saw Jake getting into my backpack. “Jake,” I said in a stern voice, “what are you doing?” “Nothing,” he replied in a phony innocent voice. “You know better not to get into my stuff,” I said as I bent over and picked him up. “If mom catches you, you’ll be in lots of trouble.” I carried him into the kitchen where mom was fixing French toast for breakfast. “Yummy!” Jake screeched right in my ear. Glancing at Mom, I cringed. She gave me an ‘oh well, he’s 4 you know’ look. I put Jake into his special chair, that had a booster seat in it. I sat down just as Mom finished the second piece of toast. She served the cut up one to Jake, and the whole one to me. I only ate one piece, and Mom noticed. “How come you aren’t eating more Emily? You normally eat at least two.” “I’m not really hungry this morning,” I replied honestly. Mom looked at the clock and told me to hurry and finish and be ready to walk out the door in a few minutes. She walked over and got Jake and took him into his bedroom. It was 7:45, and school started at 8:10. I walked into the living room and checked for everything in my bag. Homework, money, make up, brush. I checked things off an imaginary list in my head. Slipping on my flip-flops and looking in the mirror once more before I walked out the door.
    Last edited by apcrs5122; 01-09-2004 at 04:30 PM.
    Dayna, Alex, Phoebe, Cleo, Rolo, Scooter, & Holly

Thank you so much Popcornbird!

It doesn't suck lol, its still very good!
    - - Tiffany && Blueberry - -