View Poll Results: What does your dog have?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • My dog has an actual bed made for dogs

19 51.35%
  • My dog just uses a blanket or something else

7 18.92%
  • I made my dog's bed

4 10.81%
  • My dog sleeps with me!

16 43.24%
  • My dog doesn't have a bed

0 0%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dog beds

Dog beds

Does your dog have it's own "doggy bed?" Timber has one, but I've been looking for a place that I can buy a nice one for cheaper for the cata pup that I'm getting in a few years.

Beds are so expensive these days! A small dog can get a bed for $30, and my dog will be large!

I've been thinking about just making a bed myself. I made a pillow a few years ago, and it wasn't hard at all. Has anyone made their own dog bed? Maybe I can even make a nice wooden basket. I'm making everything as it is right now. Right now I'm building a rat cage, then I'll make a dog sled, next year I'm making a dog house and a scratching post. LOL.
    I've been BOO'd!

both of my dogs sleep on which ever bed they can get to lol

~*~Thanks Liana For The AWESOME sig!~*~

Tweety_Pie

~*~Kelsey~*~

At least one of my dogs fits into every category you listed....some have beds, some use blankets, one prefers the tile floor, I made a couple and some insist that my bed is their bed!
    If you are lucky enough to find a way of life you love, you must find the courage to live it.
    --John Irving

Three dogs and on husband in the bed with me. We've decided that we're at our limit simply because there's no more room left in the bed
    We do have a dog bed in the living room that Aneko sleeps in during the day sometimes.

Originally posted by Tweety_Pie
    both of my dogs sleep on which ever bed they can get to lol
    Aww, Leather slept with me when I lived at my dad's house and I had a bed. Now she's at my stepmom's, and can't fit with me on her couch!

I'm going to sleep with my catahoula when he's fully trained, but when it's a small puppy he will stay in my room in his crate, and when older he will stay on his own bed on the floor. Once he is comfortable with me being boss (catas are a dominant breed and will test you), he can sleep beside me in my bed. I love having a big warm dog to cuddle up with. Leather would sleep with me until I fell asleep and then move onto the floor ever so quietly. Everything else wakes me up instantly, but that never did.
    I've been BOO'd!

Moose has always and will always sleep with me in my bed. Josh hates it...lol.

We have a pillow that my mom made for Kai (before Kae came to live with us). It's a cute cow printed case and has a velvety feel to it. My mom said she spent about $25 dollars on it. It was pretty cheap compared to Petcetera. They're charging 20 dollars for a bed that is way too small for my boys (and they aren't that big!).

The boys don't really use the pillow though. Kai hates my bed so he goes on the floor. He lays down on the pillow now and then. Although for some reason, he prefers sleeping on his back by the door. Kaedyn sleeps on my bed when I fall off to sleep but moves sometime during the night.

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

Both of mine have dog beds, and dog houses. But, they prefer to sleep in the house. My parents don't like that very much.

Psst..Ash, I LOVE your new siggy!

Ruby sleeps anywhere she pleases! She has her own doggy bed the she sleeps on a lot during the day. At night she always sleeps in a 'human' bed. She also sleeps on blankets, sofas, chairs, the floor... anywhere

Thanks for the signature & avatar kfamr

Originally posted by GoldenRetrLuver
    Psst..Ash, I LOVE your new siggy!
    Lol, Thanks! I'm not too fond of it. I can't get photoshop to work because of all these viruses. And I'm not very good on Paint Shop Pro so I had to settle for a basic sig lol.

Kai [Sheltie], Kaedyn [Sheltie], Keeva [Malinois], Kwik [Malinois]

We used to use blankets, but my mom decided they needed "real" beds for Christmas this year. We bought the appropriately sized ones and I put them in the dogs' crates. (Star sleeps wherever she wants, but Wilbur sleeps in his crate until he's housebroken) Wilbur promptly dragged his out of the crate, out it in front of the fireplace, and fell asleep! What a clown!

I'm going to buy him another one when I get paid again so we don't have to keep moving this one around. *Chuckles*

Thank you Wolf_Q!

tikeya had a wicker basket . it is a basket we got from petcetera, with a cow print pillow thing from zellers!!

here is a pic *in attachment*
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

For their nighttime bed, I got pieces of carpet and then over that, a couple fleece blankets from K-mart that they can bunch up however they want. They love making their own "nest."

During the day, my office has a hardwood floor so I have various old bedding thrown around for them to lay on. An old comforter, old bedpad, etc.

In the living room or den Tasha becomes a couch potato and Tommy likes to lay on my feet :P
    Mom to Raven and Rudy the greyhound

Missing always: Tasha & Tommy, at the Rainbow Bridge

Ozzy has an actual dog bed for when he's in my room, and he uses my brother's old comforter.
    Darlin uses her crate when she sleeps during the day, but she sleeps with my parents at night.