Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Joey News, A Short Update (Some Pics)

Joey News, A Short Update (Some Pics)

I have been telling myself all weekend, sit down and do a Joey update. Then I got busy again.

So I have finally gotten to it.

Well, Joey seems to be doing OK. She is eating and using the littler Box. Her stools are a little soft, but we no longer have any diarrhea. I think that this is great news. I started to mix in a little of her normal food tonight, so we will see how she reacts. The signs are all pointing to recovery. Yea!!!!

All of the above is the good news. Now the not so good news, she does however have a URI. The doctor has given her some antibiotics and I am hoping that will clear up this week. I would just like her to be well. I know that she will, it is just so sad to see her sneeze constantly. She is still better then last week.

Also, another bit of good news, Bob has stopped hissing at her. I even caught them sitting together for a short time.

I think that part of Bob's not hissing anymore is that he he had to go to the vet. That was an adventure all on it's own. Bob is usually fusses at the Vet. However the Tech an I can usually hold him and get te nails done. This time was different. First, he hissed at everyone at the vet and he never does that. Then we could not trim his nails by just holding him. Then we tried a towel, he was still too much. So we had to muzzle him and get another tech to help hold him. He has never been that bad before, I was so embaressed. They said that it was OK, and that it must have been the wether, because alot of animals had been acting strange that day. Right after that the Bob stopped hissing at Joey.

I also thought at first that we got the wrong kitty. She is actually sleeping with me on the bed. She has never done that before. She has come up on the bed, but has never setteled in to stay. Maybe some good will actually come from all of this. Hopefully this will continue.

So the news really is good, I am just hopeful that she will be over her URI by late this week.

Now onto some Pics:
    The first one cute, but after I took it I looked at her fur. It is actually 3 colors. A dark layer next to her skin and then a brownish layer. then that multi speckled gray. I am sure that it is not that uncommon but I never noticed it and thought that it was neat.

Here is just a belly cleaning shot. I was hoping to catch a better shot of her shaved belly.

Like I said she as been really lovey lately. Here she cuddled with me during an afternoon nap.

Well, if the Joey gets a couple of pics posted the Bob wants some of him too.

Here we have Bob making sure that I have gotten everything from the tree box:

Here we have bob making sure that all is well under the tree:

I am king of the domain under the tree, bow to me:

Last but not least the Bob would like to wish you all a Merry Christmas:
    Bob & Joey,
    and their happy and willing slave, Bryan.

Many Thanks to Kay for the Picture.

My motto - "Bad Spellers of the World, UNTIE!!!!"

Great pics. I think that Joey might feel a little bit embarassed about her shaved area. I'm so glad to hear that she's doing better. Hopefully her URI will clear up soon.
    Too bad Bob had such a bad vet visit. At least they were still able to trim his nails.
    Good luck and please keep us posted about Joey.

Thanks for the update!!! Love the pics!! They look so cute!
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Love the pics. I'm glad Joey is doing better, hopfully the URI will be short lived. Is the vet concerned that Bob might catch it? I hope he doesn't. I was picturing Bob at the vet for his nail trim and laughing. Sometimes they just don't want to cooperate. Thank goodness Ripley lets me trim his with no hassles. I wished Scout and Jazz would let me.

Thanks for the update. Enjoy your new bed kitty.

From Decker with Love

Thanks for the update. And the pics!

*Bowing to King Bob*
    Great pictures Bryan! Am so glad that Joey is doing better and that it will be a happy holiday! She must have really missed her daddy and is not going to let you get too far! Hope the illnesses are a thing of the past. Thanks for the cute pictures. Joey's fur coloring really is unique! I also love the royalty shots of Bob under the tree!

Love the photos, thanks for sharing. So glad to read that Joey is doing well.

Joey is such a charming cat! And I am so gald that she is doing better , and should be all right soon!Merry Cat Mas from the Found Cats!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the anitbiotics will probably give Joey diarrhea. So DON'T think her problem is back if that happens.

I just love the way there personalities are evolving. Cats are marvelous creatures!

Jen, I really appreciate the information. Thank you.

I will not worry so much if I see it and she is still acting normal. You saved the vet a phone call from a frantic daddy. She does not know it, but I am sure that she appreciates it.
    Bob & Joey,
    and their happy and willing slave, Bryan.

Many Thanks to Kay for the Picture.

My motto - "Bad Spellers of the World, UNTIE!!!!"

These are great pictures.

Joey looks so good! No more sad face. The real question, though . . . . has she relocated any towels since being home? I'm not surprised that she's being all lovey and snuggly. Nothing like a traumatic experience to make one appreciate one's parents!

I'll be King Bob's loyal subject any day. What a cat he is!

Bryan,

Glad Joey is on the road to recovery! The pictures are great! I love the one of Bob under the tree. He looks like he needs a crown on his head.

HAIL TO THE MC!!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

So glad to hear Joey is recovering.

I'll have to do some searching, but Jonza wrote up a great story about how Fister - who started out feral - has turned into the big mush that he is gradually over the years, and always seems to take a huge leap in the snuggle direction after having spent time at the vets or at the place they leave him when they go on vacation. I think this same thing is happening to Joey. Once she spent time at the vet and she knows how bad it can be, she appreciates the wonderful home that she has even more.

Of course, it could jsut be that she's not feeling too hot because of her URI, but I think she's like Fister and will be more snuggly now that she knows how good she's got it.

Also, I know it's sad that she's not feeling well, but don't you just love kitty sneezes? T & P sneeze so rarely, and it's so adorably cute when they do. But.....I suppose I think this way because neither one has ever had URI and I haven't had to listen to constant sneezing know they weren't feeling well.

Good luck to Joey on recovering completely and thanks for the pics!
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Here is the link to Fister's story.

But Fister has many, many more wonderful stories. If you do a search for posts with the user name of Jonza, you'll find some great tails.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

A very Merry Christmas to you also Bob and to Joey and Bryan.

I'm so glad to hear that Joey is on the mend in regards to her tummy problems and I pray she has a speedy recovery from her URI and that Bob doesn't get it.

I just loved all the pictures Bryan. Your Bob & Joey are so delightful to see.

Thanks for the update and especially the pictures.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010