Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Baby Sara is back at the shelter!!

Baby Sara is back at the shelter!!

I was at the shelter this morning to clip nails, schmooze with the kitties, etc. The foster mama brought in Baby Sara and her roomie because they were "wild" kids at her place. I ran into the nursery and there was my baby!!!

Since the front page story about how overloaded the Dearborn Animal Shelter is, they've been inundated with adoptions!! This is GOOD news!

Baby Sara has to have a couple of tests done then she and her roomie will be placed up for adoption. If she does NOT get adopted, which I believe is highly unlikely, I will then put in to foster her. She has gotten SO big!! I was in the nursery with her in my arms dancing around with her. I didn't realize how much I missed this little girl!!

I'll let you know how she makes out.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

You sound so happy to see your baby again. Prayers on the way that she gets adopted into a loving, caring forever home.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010

I thought she was adopted (not fostered).....memory problems so I was worried when I saw the title of the thread.
    I am glad you got to see her and best of luck to her in finding a wonderful new home.

How could anyone not want baby Sara??!! Prayers that she will find a new loving home quickly. I'm glad you got to visit with her though.

Jen,

Actually there is nothing wrong with your memory. The foster mom was supposed to adopt her but found that she couldn't handle a kitten's wild side. Besides, since the article appeared in the Detroit Free Press, the shelter has been inundated with adoptions of cats (a real GOOD thing). She felt it was best to return her to the shelter because she has a VERY good chance of getting a furrrrrever home. So, don't feel bad, you're not losing your mind.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

Ok, thanks for clearing that up. I thought that I was losing it too. Of course, I really am.

Keep us updated on what happens.
    Bob & Joey,
    and their happy and willing slave, Bryan.

Many Thanks to Kay for the Picture.

My motto - "Bad Spellers of the World, UNTIE!!!!"

PFEW..What a reilief (for my memory )

Here's hoping that she gets that home VERY soon!

It is good that she recognises she can't deal with those kittens and I am pleased they have a good chance of being adopted.

I just hope that women realises that all kittens are wild (completely loveable but still wild). I hope she looks to adopt an older cat next time. Fingers crossed.

Hoping Baby Sara finds a new home soon!
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Wow, Don't mean to be critical of the lady, but couldn't
    handle "a kitty's wild side". What's that mean? Did Baby Sara
    start hanging out with a bad crowd, max out the lady's credit cards? LOL. Geeze, that's when they show what crazy characters they can be. LOL.

p.s. Glad to hear the good news about adoptions at the Shelter.
    I've Been Boo'd

I've been Frosted

Today is the oldest you've ever been, and the youngest you'll ever be again.

Eleanor Roosevelt

Lizbud,

LOL *snort*. I thought maybe Baby Sara borrowed the car without asking!!

Originally posted by moosmom
    Lizbud,

LOL *snort*. I thought maybe Baby Sara borrowed the car without asking!!
    Or maybe got a nose ring......
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Media attention is so good!!! I just wish there was more of it!!!

Well, not to defend the lady - but when we adopted Emily and Eliot in April - we had never had kittens before - let alone two!! So it WAS a wild (but fun!) ride. The kittens we fostered were sick ones and that was long ago. Kittens are double trouble over real babies and toddlers. I thought I was going nuts at times!! I was afraid to go to the bathroom - of course they were usually in there WITH me. I never knew just how wild kittens could be. Of course it was all just normal baby behavior, but it was very new to me!! Thankfully, I was home all day and had no more kids in the house, so I could devote my time to caring for these maniacs Sometimes it felt like I had a dozen kittens in the house!

Good news!!!!

I went to the Dearborn Animal Shelter Christmas dinner tonight. I found out that not only did Baby Sara get a home, but so did her roomie, Pixie!!!!

This is wonderful news!! I also found out that a female tux named Nikki got a home as well.

Because of all the media attention a total of 50 cats got furrrever homes!!!

Here's to a wonderful new year for all the precious furbabies that have gotten new homes!!