Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Missing cameras, stray dogs, and hospitals... oh my!

Missing cameras, stray dogs, and hospitals... oh my!

Good gracious what a night....

My work day was actually really good till about 10 to 5. I decided I'd get some pics of Kia with her new dog bed (per Anna's request ), opened the drawer.... the camera was gone.

Trying not to panic, I called my boss to tell her. She said that I wouldn't get in trouble or have to pay for it.. *phew!* We checked all over, asked other employees if they had borrowed it or seen it. No luck. Clare asked me to check at home just in case before she filed a stolen/missing report. Well, it wasn't at my place, my parents, or Andy's....so yep.... no furkid pics for awhile... unless I get that digicam I asked for for Christmas.

Anyway.... when I got home, I took Kia for her walk and when we were about a half mile from home, Kia froze. It took a minute for me to see, but there, in the shadow of a house, was a black dog. Kia wanted to play, and thankfully, so did the dog. When he came into the light, I saw it was a young male husky mix. He had some tan markings on his face (maybe some aussie in him?) and a few spattered on his body. I asked around but no one seemed to know him.

I took Kia home and the dog followed. He ran into the road a few times, and fearing he'd be hit before I could call Animal Control, I took him inside. Zam didn't mind.

Logan pitched a fit.

My common sense decided to take a vacation and I figured I'd put the cats in the bedroom. As soon as I picked Logan up, he flipped out.

And sunk his teeth into my finger.

Called Animal Control and arranged for them to pick up the dog outside my apartment and I headed off to the ER.

No stiches needed but I have three deep puncture wounds in my right index finger.

My medication has to be given by IV, so I have a bandaid on my left hand and wrist where the first two IV's were attempted... OW!!!... and the second nurse finally got it in my inner arm. It's still there because I have to go back for more treatments.

Got a tetnis shot in the left shoulder and a bandage on my right arm where I discovered after I got to the ER that Logan also scratched me.

5 hours at the ER... got home at 1 a.m. to find a very happy and hungry Kia, and two calm cats.

I'm tired, sore, and hoping I got treatment before any kind of infection set in.

Hindsight, sometimes I swear.......
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Wow! That was a very busy evening. Hope your finger gets better and the rest of the treatment goes well. Glad that you will not get in trouble for the camera. That would have really sucked!

Hope that pup finds a home soon!

On My, Kim!!

Geesh, that was not a good day or night! Hope you can just take it easy today so you can recover from yesterday. Hope the owwies aren't smarting to bad today.

I hate IV's! They freak me out. I cringe just thinking about it and your story made me hurt too!!!!!

Hang in there....Robin

My Goodness Kim!

Sounds like your evening didn't go to well

That's too bad about the camera, so you think someone stole it? Terrible!
    Hope you get that digi from Santa this year

I hope the dog gets a good home.

Isn't it amazing the things you have to go through for cat scrathes and bites

I hope your feeling ok today!

{{{HUGS}}}Anna

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

Thanks.

It's not throbbing as bad, but typing is... well.... kinda hard. Can't feel the keys with my one finger of course, so I'm correcting a lot of typos.. LOL!

I loathe needles and was feeling weak and woosy so they had to lay me down to finish.

I do hope that pup does find a home. He was so sweet and not aggressive at all towards Kia or the cats. He liked to jump.... and pee/mark all over my apartment. O_o

I thought I had an idea about where he lived, but I described him to some neighbors and maintenence this morning and they said he's been roaming around the area for about a month. So sad.

Anna, yep, we think someone stole the camera. Thing is, they grabbed the camera, but nothing that went with it.. (charger, cable to download images, manual).. all of it was right there in the drawer. And it was a Sony CD Mavica too... it's not like they could just stick it in their pocket.

Management suspects the cleaning crew.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Good Gosh, Kimmy! What a night! Knowing you are OK, just sore, I can now say, Way to look after the animals (the stray). That really does make it all worthwhile....easy for me to say without three puncture wounds, right?

Wow!!

What a night!!

I'm glad you are ok, even with the puncture wounds. The emergency room sucks, and needles are awful!!!

I hope the stray dog finds a good home, thank you for taking him in so he didn't get hit or killed.

As for the camera, I hope someone finds it--how awful that someone just stole it!! The Sony Mavica is not a small camera by any means--my husband's boss has one at work as well.

I hope Santa brings you one for Christmas!!!
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

Owwwwwwwwwwwwwww! Poor Kimmy!
    Thanks for helping this stray get off the streets!
    I hope your finger feels better soon!
    Last edited by Kater; 12-04-2003 at 09:50 PM.

Many thanks to Roxyluvsme13 & k9krazee for my great new siggy!!
    *click* Kirk's Recovery Thread *click*

Oh my! What a night you had! But I'm glad you helped the stray - hope he finds a good home too. Sorry about the camera too. Hopefully, maybe, somebody just decided to borrow it for a day or two and will put it back, but I guess that's unlikely.

Hope your finger feels better and the rest of the treatments aren't too bad. Big hugs for being the caring person you are though.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

!

My what an "exciting" day and night!

Hope all the various *ouwies* feel better soon!
    (Notice how the "treatment"
    is often WORSE than the injury!??)

Now that you're on the mend...
    What about the Husky Pup!!??

What are his chances at Animal Control?
    Any real hope for a New Home for Christmas?

Are they a NO-kill facility;
    or does he have a time limit?

Would Kia like a BROTHER!??

Or should we start a Pet Talk RESCUE Campaign?

Please heal yourself up -
    but also keep us Posted on Husky Pup, please!
    /s/ Cinder, Smokey & Heidi

R.I.P. ~ Boots, Bowser, Sherman, & Snoopy

Originally posted by Cinder & Smoke
    Would Kia like a BROTHER!??

Or should we start a Pet Talk RESCUE Campaign?
    Wade a minnit...

ANDY gotz no Dawggie...

HEY ANDY...!!
    /s/ Cinder, Smokey & Heidi

R.I.P. ~ Boots, Bowser, Sherman, & Snoopy

What a day from hell!

I'm glad you're still in one piece! It sucks when you get punished for doing the right thing!

Get well soon
    Nicole, Mini, Jasmine, Pickles, Tabasco, Schnaggles and Buffy

Poor you! Hope you recover quickly!

(Ally bit me badly last weekend, I got treatment, but my entire wrist is STILL Black & Blue bruises (NOT patches - all over - really weird), and I still cant bend it, but it's not hurting as much!

We'll forgive you for the typos!

Thanks Kay for my great sig & avatar!!!
    Kissy 1993 (?) - 13 Oct 2005. Always in my heart.
    Ally Cat's Mommy

"It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher-Stowe.

Originally posted by Cinder & Smoke
    Wade a minnit...

ANDY gotz no Dawggie...

HEY ANDY...!!

Had a new voicemail from Kim when I got home from work. It sounded like she was coming home from the hospital from another IV drip she had to do after work today, and she said she has to go back to the hospital for yet MORE IV drips at midnight, and again at 6:00 am tomorrow morning.