Thread: So Grateful to have my little Girl Pervy

So Grateful to have my little Girl Pervy

I am home sick today so I am spending some time with my furballs. As I was snuggling with Pervy this morning I realized that it was just a few months ago that we almost lost her due to a SURPRISE pregnancy at a very early age (4 to 5 months). By the time it was realized it was too late to do anything about it. She had a horrible time giving birth. After several phone calls to the vet I ended up delivering, tying off and cutting cords, and cleaning up two live babies and one still born that I had to pull out of her. It was horrible! By the time we realized that this wasn't just a hard first birth and got her to the vet she had a 105 degree fever and was dying. The vet wasn't very confident about saving her because he needed to get the fever down before he could do a c-section and get the two remaining kittens out. The Doc tried to prepare me for the worst while I stood there bawling because I felt so guilty. Anyway, to try to make this as brief as possible, she ended up having emergency surgery because they couldn't wait any longer. She had a major infection and a uterus filled with (yuk) pus. The vet had to remove her uterus which he said was very dangerous during a c-section. She was touch-and-go for several days. Meanwhile I was trying to save the only two living kittens who had never gotten any mothers milk. I failed and lost both of her babies. More guilt! Finally on the third day the vet said he thought she would improve better at home! I was so HAPPY! He told us that we might have to force feed her for a day or two because she wouldn't eat. We brought her home, let her out of the carrier and she went straight for all the food she could manage to eat! She was very skinny and weak for several days as she continued to heal. Pervy had always been a daddy's girl but the experience we shared bonded us together forever. I know she remembers me sitting with her, loving and talking her through the horrible nightmare. Sometimes she will look me in the eye and I know this without a doubt. She knows her daddy was chicken and only brought in the supplies as I needed them and then he would run so as not to throw up!! Pervy and I will always have a special bond over a shared horrible experience. I love her with all my heart and I know that not only does she love me but she is also grateful. In the four months that have past she has become a fat and sassy little girl. For that I am grateful and thankful to God and to a wonderful vet.
    For those of you read some of this story as a reply about early age and heat under cat health I apologize for the repeat.
    I just wanted to share her and her story. I really love this beautiful little girl. She has the most gentle and kind nature.
    Here are some pics of my special girl.

That is one special girly you have there! I am sure you two must share such a special bond, after all you have gone through together!

(((HUGS)))) to both of you!

Thanks Kay for my great sig & avatar!!!
    Kissy 1993 (?) - 13 Oct 2005. Always in my heart.
    Ally Cat's Mommy

"It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher-Stowe.

What a beautiful girl Hugs to Pervy

Pervy really is a special girl, I love happy ending stories especially with the luck I've had recently. HUGS to pervy

Aww, she's gorgeous. Well all your cats are gorgeous, but Pervy was the one I was most taken with when I met them all at first. She's just lovely; but what an ordeal she had. I'm so glad she pulled through.

Thanks for letting us see more of her.

Pervy looks like the cutest little purrson

I remember what she's been through and it is so heart warming to see her happy and healthy

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.

Pervy

She's absolutely beautiful. Thank you for sharing her story, I haven't been here that long so I didn't know. I'm so happy that things turned out well.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

hip , Hip Hooray from all of US to You and Pervy! And I think that you will always have that special bond with your Beautiful , Precious Pervey! Found Cats Hotel!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Aww, what a beautiful girl! I want to pet her soft tummy. I'm so glad that she made it through and that you got to spend more time with her.
    Oreo and Molly

What a little cutie pie! I'm so glad you were able to save her. And your hubby sounds just like Terry, a big wimp when it comes to stuff like this.

She is a doll.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl