Thread: Lost our Precious

Lost our Precious

My mom's kitty, Precious, got ran over a while back. She loved that kitty a lot. It would sleep by her head and purr like crazy. It even liked the vets office! She would just sit up there like a big girl and purr. She misses her A LOT. And can't seem to get over the loss. I think that for thanksgiving, I am going to go adopt a kitten from the shelter for her. What do yall think? I think that it would be a good idea, but I just want some more opinions.

I think it sounds like a good idea, but I don't think it should be a surprise. Maybe you and your dad can take your mom for a drive and just take her to the shelter without telling her where she's going. But I don't think the actual adoption should be a surprise so you can be sure your mom is getting what she wants.

Also, what do you think about keeping the new kitten inside only to prevent a horrible accident from happening again?
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

Well, our cats are barn kitties. They are inside most of the time, then they go outside and do their job. Which is mouse hunting. Precious was a mouse hunter. The dogs were just outside and chased her out of the yard. She usually goes over the fence to visit the next door neighbor but she wasn't visiting.

Originally posted by aly
    I think it sounds like a good idea, but I don't think it should be a surprise. Maybe you and your dad can take your mom for a drive and just take her to the shelter without telling her where she's going. But I don't think the actual adoption should be a surprise so you can be sure your mom is getting what she wants.

Also, what do you think about keeping the new kitten inside only to prevent a horrible accident from happening again?
    I agree. I think that it should be a suprise, but I would make make it one by 'just' winding up at the shelter. Well, oh my gosh what will we do here That way she can get one that she likes and seem like a good match.

I just read your other post, and the decision on indoor/outdoor is yours. I just thought that I would put in my opinon and take it for what it is worth, free.

Anyway, I think that it is a good idea whatever your choices are.
    Bob & Joey,
    and their happy and willing slave, Bryan.

Many Thanks to Kay for the Picture.

My motto - "Bad Spellers of the World, UNTIE!!!!"

If you don't mind me suggesting this, I'd go to a feral rescue group if you want a barn cat rather than adopting a shelter cat or kitten to do that. Since ferals want to be outside anyway, they are more ideal for the job. Then maybe you can have an inside only kitty.
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

I'm really sorry for your loss. I think Aly has given you some good advice! Good luck in finding the purrfect kitty!

Thanks Kay for my great sig & avatar!!!
    Kissy 1993 (?) - 13 Oct 2005. Always in my heart.
    Ally Cat's Mommy

"It's a matter of taking the side of the weak against the strong, something the best people have always done." Harriet Beecher-Stowe.

I am sorry for your loss. I also agree about not making the gift of a kitty a surprise. And I agree furhter that adopting a cat from a rescue that can only be an outside kitty be the way to go. These cats have a harder time finding forever homes because more people want them to stay inside and for one reason or another they cannot. This way you help them by taking them in and giving them a home, they help you by doing what comes naturally to them and they enjoy, while at the same time not condemning a house cat to a life outside.

Ditto!

You should never make a Cat , a surprise gift , as your mom should be the one to pick out the New Cat! Ansd that is after she feels that she is ready , and is no longer greiving over Precious! RIP Precious and may Cat Angels guide you to the Rainbow Bridge!
    THE RAINBOW BRIDGE FOUND HOTEL ANGELS HAVE A NEW FRIEND IN CORINNA.

ALMOND ROCCA BATON AND ELLIE ANGELS ARE GUARDIANS TO ETERNAL KITTENS ROCC-EL AND T TEEN ANGEL, ALMOND ROCA , VLAD , PAWLEE , SPRITE. LITTLE HEX, OSIRIS AND ANNIE ANGELS.
    EBONY BEAU TUBSTER AND PEACHES BW SPIKE & SMOKEY

NOW PRECIOUS AND SAM ARE TOGETHER WITH ETERNAL KITTENS SAMMY ,PRESLEY, SYLVESTER AND SCRATCHY JR , MIGHTY MARINA, COSMIC CARMEN, SAMSON ,UNDER KITTY AND SUNKIST AUTUMN & PUMPKIN.
    MIA AND ORANGE BLOSSOM ANGELS HAVE ADOPTED TUXIE , TROOPER , SONGBIRD AND LITTLE BITTY KITTIES MIA-MI BLOSSOMER, TUXEDO AND DASH AS THIER ETERNAL KITTENS.
    PRINCESS JOSEPH AND MICHAEL ARE CELEBRATING 19 YEARS AS LUCKY FOUND CATS

Originally posted by aly

Same here and sorry about yall's loss

I agree with everyone! Also, if you find a match for your mom, make sure that you have the kitty spayed or neutered right away. Maybe you can even adopt one which has already been altered.

Thanks for the siggy, Lexi_Lover!