Thread: Any Ragdolls?

Any Ragdolls?

I went to my first catshow this weekend and was able to hold some beautiful Ragdolls. Does anyone have some pictures and stories to share? Just like I had read, these cats went limp like babies in my arms and just seemed as content as can be to be held by a stranger. One even gave me a nosie kiss. I always have mixed breeds that have been rescued - so not likely to ever have a real registered cat - but this breed seems so adorable to me! The breeders also said that their beautiful long coats do not shed much or mat and rarely need combing - although they LOVE to be groomed.

San Francisco, CA, where life is happy and gay!
    I did a search on POTD for Ragdolls and came up with this: http://petoftheday.com/search/search...ts&mr=50&pr=ON

Little Ms. Mitzi Mitts
    Our Photo Albums are
    Here and Here
    In memory of my beloved fur children, Goldie, Mishi and Mitzi.
    Rest in peace and play hard at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Goldie: 9/5/88 - 4/10/03
    Mishi: with us from 5/5/03 - 7/13/07
    Mitzi: with us from 4/19/03 - 1/23/10

Ragdolls

I have a 6 1/2 year old ragdoll her name is Dixie Blaze. She is just like what you are told. But they do have to be comb because they do shed. Not like most cats but they do shed and if you don't comb them they will matt. Because the fur that sheds gets stuck and then matts. I comb Dixie usually 1 - 2 times a week but usually more because she likes it. But they love the attention they get when you are grooming so it makes it very easy to do.
    They are not aggressive but will give you the devil if they are not the center of attention. ( I have several Maine Coons and 1 Ocicat besides the ragdoll.) She if very lappy. And she does get mad and will cuddle with some one else if she is mad at me. But I love the breed and would always have one in my home. Her picture is attached.

Stella
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Until recently, I'd never even heard of a rag doll. But now I would just love to hold one! I would love to have a cat who wanted to be in my lap all of the time like that!

Thanks for the siggy, Lexi_Lover!

Dixie Blaze is beautiful!! Oh those blue eyes! This breed just fascinates me and yes like Toby and Kate's mom, it would be heavenly to have a lapkitty! What really intrigued me was the way they cuddled when held - very much like a ragdoll! And I was a stranger!! It was really nice for the breeder to let me hold them - she was obviously so enthusiastic about her breed! Thanks for sharing your pictures and stories. This really IS a unique breed of cat. I would not even mind the grooming. I brush my shorthairs but they hate it :-( The cats I saw at the catshow all had the seetest expressions on their faces and all with the blue eyes - though not as blue as Dixie Blaze. Oh and they feel so soft! Not furry soft - but silky soft!
    Oh and thanks Redd - for that search of the COTD - I did not know how to do that but looked at every cat!

Here are some links to Gabe's story and a few where I describe my mom's Cranker. Not to discourage you from loving the Ragdoll breed, but just to let you know that for some reason, they are not all as lovable as they claim.

The Plea for Help

SAS to the Rescue

And some fun ones with some great pics of Gabe.

Gabe Overweight?

Gabe can't take the heat

Gabe the DUDE!

Edwina's plea

The Paparazzi

I guess the pics and story of the Cranker will show up in some of these threads because when I did a search, it came up with a lot of the same threads as here. And there are more threads on Gabe, but most of them are just too sad. RIP sweetie, we miss you soooo much!

And don't get me wrong, I love the Ragdoll breed. They are beautiful and for the most part, loving, lappy cats. Just wanted to show you some great stories about Gabe and to let you know that sometimes something goes wrong somewhere and they aren't all as lovable as they claim. And also don't let anyone tell you they don't shed. My mom's house is practically white from all the Cranker hair all over it. But that could just be another way in which he is a morphidite. But we love him dearly even though he is a Cranker.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Thanks Tubby & Peanut's Mom - I told the breeder that the only thing I knew about the breed was from someone here with a "CrankY" and she seemed surprised. Oh well, I am not going to buy a breed anyway - just fascinates me to see and learn about them. I just like taking in cats that find me :-)

This is Willow and Chopin, two Ragdolls. The first one is seal bicolor, the other is a seal mitted. Willow is mine :-) And she's purring on my lap right now. She also loves to be held and she follows us everywhere.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Future owner of a Ragdoll (I can't wait 'til August 21th!)

The Gabe that Tubby and Peanuts mom posted about was my Gabe and then Sasvermonts. I didnt get Gabe from a breeder, so i didnt know his history or the temperment of his parents. It wasnt the smartest move on my part...but he was just so beautiful and cute that i wanted him. We had researched Ragdolls and fell in love with them. I had gotten Gabe from a woman who needed to get rid of him b/c her son was allergic. So i got him from her. Anyway, he fitted some of the standards for the breed, but not all. He did hang there like a ragdoll, when holding him. But didn't appreciate strangers coming into his house He followed me everywhere and played fetch like a dog. He preferred to lay by himself, rather than being held all the time. I don't regret having him for one minute. i loved him and all of the qwirks that came with him He will always be missed that is for sure. I had to rehome him b/c i couldnt trust him around my 2 year old and vise versa. HE lived a very happy life with Sasvermont until his unfortunate death. He was meant to live out the last few months of his life with her in Camp Vermont

Anyway, i too will rescue any fuirther cats that might come into my life from a shleter. Dandy and Guinness are just too special to me and i am so glad to have come across them at shelters!

I am sure the majority of the Ragdolls out there fit the standard...Gabe just wanted to make his own standard...that was just his way!! hehehe

Originally posted by kath00
    This is Willow and Chopin, two Ragdolls. The first one is seal bicolor, the other is a seal mitted. Willow is mine :-) And she's purring on my lap right now. She also loves to be held and she follows us everywhere.
    OH!! Willow is absolutely gorgeous!! Lucky you!!!

ragdolls

My Dixie made her own standard also. She was brought up with 2 maine coon females. So she has tried to act like them at times. And she can become angry at another cat in my lap. She will fuss and swat at them till they move. But she has never growled at another cat just a fussing or is it a cussing out till the others listen to her. But she just purrs and purrs and purrs when in my lap or laying beside me. When we have kittens here they love to be near her because of the purring. She will let them lay there for awhile till they get playing and wrestling around then she will fuss at them and swat at them and they will run away but she is purring the whole time.

Stella

My Raggie Boy!!

This little beauty is Randi.

He is about five months old now, nearly six months. He is my blue eyed beauty and he gets along like a house on fire with his sister, Pixel, a meezer-cross.

He has a very delicate tummy and he has not yet perfected the "flop" as kittens tend to be quite squirmy! He spends every single night on my bed, cuddled right up to me. He likes to cuddle up to my front, and if I roll over, he will jump over me. He keeps me awake, by giving me nose kisses, talking to me, and shoving his chin under my chin or into my armpit. He is a bed hog, tries to steal my pillow.

He is very, very talkative and has an opinion about everything. He is exremely bright, and keeps us on our toes. Here he is with his big sister:

Mum to two little humans, a very vocal 14 year old Ragdoll, and a super energetic and snuggly rescue kitten.

RIP Nibbler, joined the Bridge 12 May 2007.
    RIP Pixel, joined the Bridge 24 November 2017.