Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: While passing out candy! >=(

They may have changed Trick-or-treating night so as not to be on a Friday night, when people might be going away for the week-end?

I think it makes sense to suggest rules for what time to trick-or-treat so that the people handing out candy know when to expect kids, and so parents can say "no, trick-or-treating doesn't start for another hour - eat your dinner!"

You celebrate Halloween on the 30th?!? Wow! I never heard of that! Do you always do that in Ohio, or just this year.....because of the day of the week, like Karen said? Either way, I'm surprised. Everyone here does it on the 31st!

As for the smoking guy...........bleh. I just hate when cigarette smoke gets on my face. Just hate it! Ewww!

Just got home from trick and treating, gosh the kids got so many sweets, will last them for a few days, ok few minutes, saw quite a few others dressed up this year, but the celebration is very tiny in comparison with the US., this one lady made the girls put their hand in a book, which had funny sticky stuff inside of it, nothing yucky, she made them sing a song, but rewarded them with lots of lollies.
    Furangels only lent.
    RIP my gorgeous Sooti, taken from us far too young, we miss your beautiful face and purssonality,take care of Ash for us, love you xx000❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Ash,your pawprints are forever in my heart, love and miss you so much my big boy. ❤️❤️

RIP my sweet gorgeous girl Ellie-Mae, a little battler to the end, you will never ever be forgotten, your little soul is forever in my heart, my thoughts, my memories, my love for you will never die, Love you my darling little precious girl.❤️❤️

RIP our sweet Nikita taken suddenly ,way too soon ,you were a special girl we loved you so much ,miss you ❤️❤️

RIP my beautiful Lexie, 15 years of unconditional love you gave us, we loved you so much, and miss you more than words can say.❤️❤️

RIP beautiful Evee Ray Skye ,my life will never be the same with out you ,I loved you so much, I will never forget you ,miss you my darling .❤️❤️

He he he Carole!!! Funny to think you've been 'trick or treating' and I'm just having breakfast!!

I've never heard of anyone celebrating Hallow'en any other day than 31st. People here don't do 'trick or treating' properly - you get a couple of 13-14 year olds appearing in masks!! No effort at all!

The lady with the book Carole reminds me when Diane and Jason were together for their first Hallow'en and as their a couple of big daft kids they thought they'd join in - Diane as Morticia and Jason well............... So they dressed up, decorated the inside of the house - as well as the outside very creepy with lots of black and skeletons! When the kiddies came to the door Diane greeted them with 'Must get my hubby - you're all so cute' - then Jason appeared in full Dracula rig-out!! Amazingly not one of those kiddies ran away - I've seen the photos and he scared me!!!!
    When the children came in for the sweets and saw the decoration inside the house - they were thrilled and really enjoyed the whole thing - course especially the BIG bag of sweets they went home with!!!

Must just add - Diane took time to explain to all their visitors that their puss-cat Tabitha (black) was such good luck - and how she'd helped making the decorations!! Just hope some American children went home with the message that Black is beautiful! None of that stupid idea that Black is bad - urgh!!

Sorry seemed to have rambled a bit - Happy Hallowe'en to all Pet Talkers!!

Lynne
    Time spent with cats is never wasted
    --Collette

RIP Dear Dan xxx

We had it on the 30th this year. I think they just didn't want to have it on a friday because it's not exactly the best day of the week for little kids to be outside at night
    Stephanie, Honey, and Pepper

Thank you for the wonderful sig kfamr!

as best i can recall, in ohio, it's on the 30th. last night the weather was very warm, in the upper 50's, so there were lots of kids. alex the wonder dog helped me pass out candy, he sniffed bags and got lots of pets. cause we walk in this neighborhood, almost daily, many of the kids know us. he enjoyed the visitors, afterall, they came to pet him
    joyce who has princess peanut, spokesdog for the catpack, mojo, magic, kira and squirty, members of the catpack, angel duke, a good dog who is missed and angel alex the wonder dog, handsome prince.

In our town and a lot of surrounding towns, they adopted doing trick or treat on the night before Halloween about 30 years ago. The rationale for it was many adults go to parties on Halloween night and they don't want kids out on the street if there is any possibility there may be adults driving under the influence of alcohol.

Changing the date is not a bad thought when you look at it that way. But it's kind of sad that the holiday is for kids and you have to consider the behavior of the adults who want to act like kids more.

We did it on Wednesday, the 29th.
    Reasoning being that last night was the halloween parade, and also our mall sponsers an indoor trick or treat too, and this weekend town will be crazy with the Penn State/ Ohio State football game.
    Ours was from 6-8, and the last kids came to my house right around 7--it was pretty boring, and boy did I have a lot of candy left!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thankfully, my husband took it all to work with him, and it was gone in an hour!!!!!!!
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

I think they have done that around here before do the trick or treating day before Halloween.

Not this year though tonight is trick or treating night. From 6 to 8 P.M. Kaitlynn is going to dress up as Tinker Bell. And I may take Ginger. I haven't made up my mind yet. If so she will be a clown.
    "Careful what you say, careful what you wish or it may just regret it!"

10. Some of the suburbs around here do Trick or Treating the Sunday before Halloween. That way, for parents who work, they can take the kids out before it gets too dark.

I guess we always had trick or treating on the 30th. Im glad Im not the only one! hehe.

We are handing out chocolate to the treat or treating neighbourhood kids. One wanted a kitten instead of chocolate. Well we are the cat mad house.

LOL I'd rather have a kitten too!
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

Here we go trick or treating from 2pm-4pm on November 1st... We have all these safety rules and crap and when we follow all of them, it isn't even on Halloween and it's only for 2 hours during daytime.

twitter.
    http://twitter.com/meganxxjo

now she's slowly opening
    new eyes.

Some of the smaller towns here in Oh celebrate trick or treat on different nites. Probably this year b/c it was on a Friday and we have 3 county playoff football games. My town's was last Saturday nite.

Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..