Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Afraid of passing gas

Afraid of passing gas

Okay guys, I am about to paint a hilarious picture. I will include a picture for those who you who haven't had the privalege of seeing precious Tango (j/k). Tango is asleep on the sofa right against me while I am watching a movie. All the sudden Tango darts off the sofa at full speed and runs in circles trying to smell his butt. My roommate and I are dying laughing and in complete mystery of this weird behavior. Then we smell it, the silent yet violent nose death, Tango pooted! Well this was 3 months ago. From that day on Tango is terrified of his own poots. I asked the vet about it, I was afraid that they might be painful, he said no that Tango was just a little weird. Does anyone else have this problem with their pets?
    Attached Images Attached Images  

ha ha ha

Smokey is just surprised when his butt makes noise. He'll poot and then look at his butt like, "What was that!!??!"

Yeah, Tango does that after he races across the room at 80 mph and then he stops to look and smell. It's hilarious.

TANGO IS SO CUTE!!

Never had this problem with Missy but this story with Tango really cracks me up !!!!

Tango is sooooooooooooo adorable!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks so much! I guess I am a little proud of him.

Originally posted by manda99
    ha ha ha

Smokey is just surprised when his butt makes noise. He'll poot and then look at his butt like, "What was that!!??!"
    Sadie does the exact same thing!!!

Mine all look at me as if to say "gee, mom, did you hafta do that?!" the one time bug acknowledged that it was her she looked at her butt and then at me. I said - that was you...and i swear the look was "how did you make that come from me? i'm a little lady." The visual of Tango chasing is just too funny. And see - as kids we're always told not to joke about poots, but their still just as funny now as then!!

My (ok it's Mom's and my lil bro's) cat does the same thing, we've learned that if we see the cat just get up and run it's a good idea to leave too. One time it scared her so bad she fell off the window sill. Graceful I know . The dogs on the other hand just sorta look up at me like, "You smell that?" LOL.
    Hold your head high.
    Don't ever let 'em define
    The light in your eyes.
    Love yourself, give them Hell.
    You can take on this world.
    You just stand and be strong
    And then fight
    Like a girl.

Yep, Angus has been afraid of his poots too! He acts like something bit him on the butt! It's the funniest thing that you've ever seen!
    I thought we had the only dog who was afraid of his poots!

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

That is SOOO funny!! I was at a friends house one night and we were playing pictionary, and all of a sudden someone jumped up and yelled "Mike sick!" and Mike said, "Dude it WASN"T me!!" It was so foul.. it was her boxer sleeping under the table. WHen everyone started getting up and fanning the air, he got up and started wiggling and getting excited.. thus releasing more gas.. it was TOOO funny!! I think he was proud of himself though

Sounds just like Reggie. His are killer, and it scares the crap (not literally I hope) out of him lol. He'll turn around and sniff his butt, then walk of with his ears flat.

OH what a wonderful memory you brought up. Thank you.

My late shepherd, Bo, had this happen to him only in the middle of the night.

Where we were located in AK our company provided room and board for us. They provided one dorm room each and if you were lucky you got one of the large rooms. Fortunately for us, we were able to get 2 large rooms and convert them into a little living space.

Well Bo, had his nice large round bed beside the door way and it wasn't uncommon for him to catch hold of bear scent in the middle of the night. One night, we were sound asleep when I heard him start to grumble. DH and I got up to look out the window to see if it was one of the bears we were hunting that season. So we looked, nothing.

Then we looked over to Bo and he was sound asleep. As soon as we got comfortable again lo and behold feel this big lumux of a dog on us. He's growling at his bed, growling at his butt, and looking at us like: Did you see him, did you see him?

We got the jest of what happened when the breeze picked up!!!!

He didn't sleep in his bed for about 2 days after that. And when he finally got did he would growl at his bed before laying down.

How I miss him.

I am so glad to hear that Tango is not the only weird dog in this world. I thought that he was losing it. lol. Thanks to everyone for sharing thier stories.

I had a poodle named BJ that would run like his butt attacked him, if you saw him running you best be keeping up.

I had a basset named Sugar that everytime you gave her a bath, she would poot and stare at her butt like it was moving then she would look up at us like "Did you see that?"

But they both went to Rainbow Bridge, BJ went of natural causes but Sugar was poisoned.
    In 2 words I can describe myself ... I'M CRAZY

I don't think Deisel or Phoebe even pay attention to their poots! But they do let off some wild ones. Our roommates dog Kira can clear a room BIG TIME!!! when she lets one go.....she doesn't pay attention too them either!lol