What about starting to act like your pet? Or your pet acting like you?

Nebo is sooooooooo NOT a morning dog...my mom drags me out of bed, then I have to drag him out of bed. He's not a dog that gets up at 5 a.m. and licks your face. Half of the time I convince him to get up and I let him outside and he goes right back to bed. I'm not a morning person either.

We both have water "issues." Nebo loves lakes, rivers, etc. He loves to splash and wade in them. But get him where he can't touch, and he freaks. Just like me once again. I never go where I can't touch.

Nebo takes time to warm up to people. He's not overly outgoing and friendly towards strangers. That's me too. I'm rather shy, and it takes a while before I will really talk to somebody. Some people think I'm rude, but I'm really not trying to be, I'm just not good at being friendly.

Nebo is quiet. He's not one to bark much at all. I've always been quiet. I remember in school if I'd say something 10 kids would turn and look at me, shocked, like "OMG you can talk?"

We're both wonderful at making messes and clutter. It's a talent...I leave stuff all over the house, and so does he. He is constantly getting toys out of his box and leaving them in various rooms about the house. Drives my parents insane!

We both also love hiking/camping. I can tell when I take him to the mountains he's totally in his "element."

Does anybody else think they share personality traits with their dogs? Or am I the only crazy one?