Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lucee's getting spayed today

Lucee's getting spayed today

Tom just called, the vets said they would spay her today. I'm so scared. They don't know if she is PG or not, won't till they get in there. They told Tom there is no advantage to waiting another week, it would just make it harder on her if she is PG. If she is that's why someone dumped her. Every week she seemed to be getting a little more puffy and they had told us the swelling would go down. So we had to do it now, I guess. We trust our vets. She will also be getting shots and chipped. She will come home tomorrow afternoon. Poor little Lucee. She had no idea what was going to happen to her today when she got to go with Tom all alone! The vet will call us later today to let us know how it went. I feel sorta sick, scared like. I have to work the day shift today so Tom will call and let me know how she is. Keep your paws and claws crossed for little Lucee

Money will buy a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of his tail. - Josh Billings

Lucee - You're in my prayers. Such a sweet pup. I wish I could take you in.
    There is something about the presence of a cat... that seems to take the bite out of being alone. ~Louis J. Camuti

Awww, poor Luc. I'm sure everything will turn out fine, tomkatzkid. But I know how you felt - I felt guilty as hell watching my brother and father drive away with an excited Samantha to get her spaying... I always feel worse for animals 'cause they are just so innocent and have no idea. But I know Luc will be fine. And may I remind you again what angels you are for taking her in and taking such good care of her?

Sam gives Luc a big slurp. : )

Lucee will most definatly be in my thoughts and prayers today, i hope all goes well and that Lucee will be home and safe again soon

*hugs for sweet Lucee*
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

The vet just called me. Lucee is indeed PG. But they are going to spay her, she is under now and she told me she should be just fine, even though she is pretty far along. They will give her IV fliuds it will help her with the the blood and fluid loss during the surgery.
    Poor Lucee. We love her. I won't feel good till tomorrw and she is home with her sissy's.
    I have to leave for work, Tom will update if he hears anything before he goes to work.

Money will buy a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of his tail. - Josh Billings

oh no, i hope everything goes alright and ill be sending even more prayers and warm thoughts your way .
    Rhi *Hooman* Clover *Rottie x ACD* (RIP to my BRD) Elvis and Tinny *The BCs* & Harri *JRT* Luna *BC x*

I think it is best for all that you go forward with this spay, even though it means the loss of some puppy life......I'm so sorry about that.

Hug Lucee when you see her, and let her know that she has a huge fan club out here. You do too!!!!

I always thought if a dog was over halfway into a pregnancy you could definately see it, but even the vet this morning was not sure, and then when they got into the surgery there was no doubt, so we felt we had to continue. We do feel bad now for the pups, I bet they would have been little cuties. We might be able to keep lucee but are definately not set up for puppies here.
    Lucee looked so sad when they led her away, she kept looking back at me like I was abandoning her!.......tom

Awwwwww... I'm sorry, but Lucee will only be the healthier for it... Poor puppies, they would've been beautiful, but that would've been lots more dogs looking for a forever home and there are too many doing that now as it is. You did the right thing.

You may be able to keep Lucee? That's awesome! What changed? I'm so happy to hear that - I hope it comes true!

I am so sorry to hear your news, but as it has been already said... it's better for her!

Keep your chin up!! She's gonna need your support to get better quick!!!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

Awww guys, so sorry to hear that Lucee was indeed PG I will say it too, it's all for the best in the end.
    I hope she feels ok when she comes home. Please let us know how she's doing & give her some gentle hugs from me

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

I'm sorry to hear that You did what was best.

I did notice a few key sentences...

"She will come home tomorrow afternoon"

"I won't feel good till tomorrw and she is home with her sissy's"

HOME & SISSY'S!!

Does this mean Lucee has made a permanent place in your home as well as your hearts??

I hope all goes well with her surgery and recovery. I will be thinking about her!

Thanks for the signature & avatar kfamr

Well here is the latest. Katz is working and wants me to keep you all informed. The vet called and she was out of surgery, but she noticed some kind of lumps, she said they looked like calcium deposits, under her tongue, so she recommended removing them while she was still out, and doing a biopsy, well the cost is already over what we expected so what the heck, I told her to do what ya gotta do. Cha-ching, another hundred bucks. The doc did say she saw the same thing on another dog recently and it was benign.
    As to keeping her, we will just keep her and when/if the perfect person appears then she might get a new home. She is doing well here and will probably do better after being spayed and all. We hate having to sneak her in and out but a better alternative has not presented itself.
    The more I think about this, whoever dumped her knew she was pregnant, and still they dumped her in the middle of nowhere. . I can just hear them, blaming the little "_itch" for getting pregnant. I'd like to dump them in the middle of death valley with no food, water or shoes/clothes......tom

Wow. I have to say, I have never seen a more selfless group of people - spending so much time and energy, not to mention money, on animals that may not even be permanent in their homes. Aly, tomkatzid, just to name a few (I know there are others), you truly are angels. I hope I can someday be half the friend to animals that you guys are. You all make me smile. Thank you.

Glad to hear Lucee is out of surgery. It is unfortunate the she was PG, but you did had needed to be done. I hoep she has a speedy recovery.

I would not be surprised if the owners blamed her and dumped her becuase she was pregant. That is what happened to Sadie's mom, Patches. Patches was a purebred Dalmation, and her owner told a friend he was going to have her put down (at 2!) because he didn't like the way she was acting esp. with his black lab. Well, thankfully the friend took her in and later found out how she was acting was PG. Some people are just awful