Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New hedgehog, spiney mice and house mouse pics!!!!! Come meet some of my furry crew!

New hedgehog, spiney mice and house mouse pics!!!!! Come meet some of my furry crew!

Speedy, my fat boy.

Speedy and Flower. Flower is the lighter small one, my little girl.

Speedy, Flower and Ewok checking eachother out.

Flower

Look at her cute tongue!

Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

Adorable pics!
    I've been BOO'd!

More Flower pics!

My spiney mice ate their water bottle the other day, even though it had a guard. So I decided to get them a new parrot toy to chew on. They love it!

Squeek

Eating some popcorn.

Pip and Squeek

Pip

As you can see my spinies FINALLY have their spines!
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

Awww Pip and Sqeek are so cute! Their fur is very shiny!
    I've been BOO'd!

And here are some pics of Fred. I haven't posted pics of him for awhile now so I thought I would show my little guy off. Keep in mind he is a WILD mouse, and look at what a camera hog he is?!!!

He's also kinda fat too. He's already pushing almost 2 yrs old! Supposedly that's good for a mouse.

Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

ADORABLE!!!! I just love those pictures!!!!

Ash
    Dogs: Nova, Konnor and Sitka

Thanks!
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

How cute! Wow, Flowers getting big! I remember when you first posted about her. I love Pip and Squeak! They are so cute.... Great pictures, thanks for sharing!

Psst..I have that same Collie beanie baby in the picture...

Originally posted by GoldenRetrLuver

Psst..I have that same Collie beanie baby in the picture...

Ya and it has MY NAME!!!

When I was younger my brother always used to tease me since my name sounded like Lassie, and would always make fun of me, and whistle and then go "Hear Lassie". It drove me crazy! Then what do they do, they name this Collie with my name! It will never end.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

Hehehe Cute Pictures!! I have that same beanie baby collie too!!
    It sits right on top of my t.v.! *Very* cute Pics!

So adorable! I think those pics of Speedy and Flower have made me fall in love with Hedgies! I have a few questions, Don't their spikey hairs poke you? And do they bite?
    Don't Delay Neuter or Spay!! Ringo Rocks!

Anything with teeth can bite.

When I first got Speedy he bit me, he was only 4 weeks old, but it didn't hurt at all since he was so tiny. I had just eaten some fish and chips and he thought I was a yummy treat.

When I first got Flower she bit me, and she bit me the other day when I took her out. It didn't really hurt but I did feel it. But there was no blood or anything. Their bites are nothing. Of course I've never been agressively bit before, so I do not know how that would feel.

Yes sometimes their quills can hurt, but most of the time they are relaxed so theylay flat against the skin and pose no problem. It's nothing painful, I can stand picking them up even when they roll into a ball.......well most of the time anyway. It's just something you get used to.
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

AWWWWWWW!!!!

Thanks for the nudge over here to check out these pictures!!!

I just love Speedie and Flower--makes me want one even more now!!!!
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

Originally posted by lovemyshiba
    AWWWWWWW!!!!

Thanks for the nudge over here to check out these pictures!!!

I just love Speedie and Flower--makes me want one even more now!!!!
    Aww thanks! Both Speedy and Flower are very flattered.

Hedgies make great pets! They are easy to care for (as long as you have a heater in the winter), are fairly easy to feed, tame easy and don't stink. Great great pets! Even Dylan enjoys spending time with them. He thinks it's so funny when they scurry across the floor lol. He just starts laughing so hard.

Another good thing is that most dogs and cats leave them alone once they get a face full of quills. he he
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Zoology Major

How sweet they all are luckies4me..never met anyone who had spiney mice before..so cool they are..

..only had hamsters here and never had spiny mice before..although I have seen them in some rescue shelters here..and the people told me they bite alot which i think is not true..but looking at your pics of yours they look so tame..so cute..and love the hedge hogs too.. ..cuties they all are..

What is Wrinkles? a hairless rat?
    Last edited by Angel; 09-28-2003 at 07:16 PM.