Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: R.I.P Black Lab

R.I.P Black Lab

Warning: This thread my sad/disturbing to some readers.

This morning, a Black Lab was hit and killed by one of our school busses. I'm so sad, I have been wanting to cry ever since I heard the horrible news. This is what happened: the bus arrived at one of the stops to pick up the dogs owner. The dog was behind a fence, but somehow opened up the gate and ran down to the bus. The dog had a history of chasing down cars, so this was bound to happen. The dog ran into the wheel and was killed. The dogs owner was on the bus and saw their dog get hit....that's the really sad part. The bus driver happens to be a big dog lover, and is very upset.

What really erks me is that some kids were making some very upsetting comments such as "who cares, it's just a dog" and they continued to crack jokes and laugh about it with each other. I want to punch them!

I haven't been able to focus real well today, because I keep on thinking about this event. I can't remember half the stuff we talked about today at school.

Anyways, I just wanted to make this thread to say Rest In Peace sweet little black Labbie, and I offer my condolences to the faimily who lost a family buddy.

LAURA {Human}, FRANNY {Boxer}, PEANUT, BUSTER, & NIBBLES {Rabbits}

Thanks Roxyluvsme13!

"The wind of heaven is that which blows between a horses' ears"- Arabian Proverb

That is terrible! Those kids on the bus think it's funny now, but when they grow up it is those things that they will remember about themselves. I feel sorry for the lab, the owner/s , and the bus driver. It seems that there was nothing that could have prevented this.
    Billy and Willy! (2 of my 4)

Oh such terrible news. This must be very upsetting for the driver and owner. And very terrible for so many people to witness...especially the owner.

-- RIP Black Labbie

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running
    from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you.
    I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”
    - Jack Kerouac; On The Road

My tears are with you, YLL. What a sad thing to witness. And to hear the uncaring words of others had to make it worse. I am so sorry.

I couldn't read past the first line But from reading the replies, I know a black Labbie died, a family is heartbroken and the children on the bus thought it was funny The poor doggie, family and bus driver I understand completely, how you feel. You must have been devastated. I know I would be. Rest in peace, sweet precious Labbie.

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Very sad. I feel awful for the dog and the family who lost their buddy... I can only hope it was very quick and with the least amount of pain possible. Poor doggie.

I probably would have killed my bus driver if he hit a dog.

Poor dog and the dogs owner. If I was him/her , I most def would have hit the driver. I would be outraged and sad.

WHAT IF that had been a child?

And for the kids laughing and making rude comments I WOULD have punched them.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Oh that's so very sad. Kids can be cruel to each other and other living things. RIP Lab. I know you are playing happily at the RB and please make sure you make friends with Toshie and Trixie.

YLL: Just have to tell you that I dreamt about you the other night. Don't know why and can't remember the dream but just know that I was talking to YellowLabLover. Very strange.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

OMG that's so sad!! Some people just don't get it that IT ISN'T "JUST" A DOG!!! I can't even tell you tired I am of constantly hearing that!!!

I hope that sweet labbie runs fast and plays hard at the rainbow bridge.

Poor dog.. Kids can be so rude and immature...thats why I prefer the canine race over the human one. How upsetting..I'm sorry you had to see that.

Poor dog...I blame the owners who knew that the dog chased cars and didn't take measures to prevent it.

Don't blame the bus driver, I'm sure they weren't trying to hit the dog!! If it darted out in front of a moving vehicle what could he do? Buses don't stop that fast, nothing does. Don't say you would hit the driver who most likely did his/her best to stop and is probably feeling horrible right now.

Again, I think the owners were irresponsible not to make sure their dog couldn't do the dangerous thing they knew it was prone to do.

Rest easy poor puppy.

Thank you Wolf_Q!

Yeah I don't really think the bus driver should be blamed these things happen sometimes, I hit a piegeon once despite all attempts not to and I had to pull over and cry.

R.I.P. Black Lab know that you were loved during your time here, and enjoy being at the rainbow bridge where you can run and not have to worry about being hurt again.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

Originally posted by WolfChan
    Don't say you would hit the driver

I said it.

More than likely I would have to try my hardest not to.

I'm not sure if I would if it was someone else's dogs, but if it was Simba or Nala, I would. Either that or I'd pass out from seeing it happen.

Although, like you said, it is irresponsible of the owners if the dog is able to get out and actually have this happen.

~Kay, Athena, Ace, Kiara, Mufasa, & Alice!
    "So baby take a axe to your makeup kit
    Set ablaze the billboards and their advertisements
    Love with all your hearts and never forget
    How good it feels to be alive
    And strive for your desire"

-rx bandits

Rest in Peace dear sweet Labbie.
    You will be free from pain or worry at the bridge.

What a horrible thing to see--the kids on your bus were just awful--I would have been in tears.
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

How Very Sad.....

What is even more sad is that fact that those kids saying mean things do that more that likely because they have heard or seen there parents do the same!!!

RIP sweet Black Lab!!!!
    Have fun at RB!!!!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome