Thread: Oh no, now Luna starts puking! :(

Oh no, now Luna starts puking! :(

Looks like Luna is getting sick now, she has already vomited 4 times tonight, and all her food came out, and this doesn't happen very often! She still seems to be nauseaus because she's still licking her mouth and swallows, and she's eating cat grass right now.

I think it may come from the antibiotics she has to take due to her UTI (amoxycilline), even though she got them before and didn't show any problems.

I'm feeling so sorry for my girl, she has to go through so much! And the Lily baby won't stop teasing her! I think I better seperate them tonight!

Another thing is, now I don't know if I should continue with the treatment or not! Why do these things always happen at the weekend when no vet is available?

Kirsten

I feel for you as I know that these things always do happen on a weekend. I am not even certain what to say about hte medication. On the one hand, you aren't really suppose to just stop giving antibiotic, on the other hand what if they are the cause of her upset and on yet another hand maybe it is something all together different. I wish I could be of more help. I am sorry. All I have for you are hugs and prayers.

Hugs and positive thoughts from the UK.

Can't you get advice from your emergency vets telephone number ?

Kirsten, I'm so sorry to hear about poor Luna. Yes, it does sound like the medicine may be causing her tummy to become upset. When my cats get their teeth cleaned, my vet recommends that they take some antibiotics for a week. Well Sunny was also having problems and began throwing up. He's been on this same antibiotic before without any problems but for some reason his stomach couldn't handle it this time. I called too late on Sat. because the vet was already gone. They told me to try giving him 1/2 the amount 2 times a day. I tried this and he still threw up. On Mon. morning the vet told me to just stop the antibiotics.

Hopefully Luna will feel better soon. She may have to take another kind of antibiotic. I'd also try calling an emergency clinic to ask for advice. Good luck.

Sorry, I have no real advice at hand...but the idea with the emergency number is a very good one!
    Hope it'll work!

Positive thoughts and hugs for you both are on the way!!!
    You have learned enough to see that cats are much like you and me. ( T.S. Eliot)

Well, since I don't think it's good to stop with the antibiotics, I decided to give her the next pill this morning and ask the emergency vet for advice in case she pukes again. This did not happen so far, so maybe it has been something else that has upset her stomach last night.

However, she seems to be fine now, even ate her Hill's food last night and kept it down !

Kirsten

AH, maybe it was just a coincidence. I hope she continues to get better.

Yes, it looks like it was! She seems to be fine tonight and has a good appetite!

Kirsten

What a relief!

Kirsten, this is great news. I sure hope that the meds help her feel better soon. Please try to relax a little and take care.

Thanks!

Yes, it seems Luna is doing better, and there were no more peeing accidents so far!

But now it seems I have to worry about Lily: http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthre...804#post467804

Kirsten

I'm glad to hear your precious Luna is feeling better. Here's hoping she continues good health.

R.I.P. my Precious Katie, Katie Pretty Lady.
    Oct. 1991 - Oct. 9, 2005
    R.I.P. my Beloved Wild Hair Wee Willy Winky
    April 8, 2005 - June 19, 2009
    R.I.P. my best friend Buddy.
    Sept. 1993 - Feb. 04, 2010
    R.I.P. my handsome Mooky.
    July 24, 2002 - April 1, 2010