Thread: My friend adopted a new fur baby!!! ***pictures***

My friend adopted a new fur baby!!! ***pictures***

KC, my writer/photographer friend in CA. just adopted. And the new furbaby is SOOOOOOOOO cute. She was a stray if you can believe that. Her name is Cashew. KC said it was because on the way home the new little fur baby was curled up in Paul’s (BF) lap and looked like a Cashew nut!! At first she was thought to be a biter. OH NO such a little thing couldn't be mean. So while at the Doggie-Wash she talked to a behaviorist/trainer that gave her some great advice. Here is a little of what KC wrote about her today to me.

Maybe seeing Cashew on Pet Talk, Mommy will want to join. Come on KC it's great fun.

Cashew is two...and she's really come around in the past week! She loves our training sessions and now does Sit, Down (that one took a while), Wait and Leave It. Doesn't even bark too much when left in her crate while I'm gone...

She must be at 17 pounds by now (started at 16). At my house she sleeps on the bed, at Paul's she sleeps in her crate (bed is too high to jump off of, so we keep her on the ground) or on the couch. She loves Paul, but she seems to be "my dog," as in follows me everywhere and seems to prefer me. But she's LONG enough to touch us both when we are on the couch (she gets the middle cushion).

We have a good time at Doggy Behavior Class on Saturday mornings. She sits right between us in between tasks. I try to socialize her with other dogs and let her get a quick sniff, then we move away before they have time to establish dominance. I also give strangers little treats to give her so that she will be friendlier to other people and not feel like she has to protect me.

She has soft, silky fur, blonde eyelashes and a fluffy tail. She is good in the car and a great little walker! We haven't done any off-leash parks yet, as I want to make sure she will come back...She gets startled sometimes and seems to appreciate the leash concept.

Great little poochess!

Last edited by tomkatzid; 08-15-2003 at 07:11 PM.

Money will buy a pretty good dog but it won't buy the wag of his tail. - Josh Billings

Oh my gosh! She is just the cutest!! I'm in love... and what a
    great name... fits her perfectly... cuteness overload.

Par...

.................................................. .................................................. ..... Nothin' Butt Dogs............ Free Dog eCards

what a lucky gurl to have found such a great home, . she is so cute.
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

Aww! The little princess is gorgeous!! I love her name, too!
    -Amanda-
    Fur Mommy to Chloe, Clara, Dozer, and Max!

And mommy to my two little angels in heaven Scooter (1-07-04) and Dexter (1-13-04)

What a little cutie! Congratulations to your friend. Hopefully she'll join us. Love the name as well.

“I like too many things and get all confused and hung-up running
    from one falling star to another till i drop. This is the night, what it does to you.
    I had nothing to offer anybody except my own confusion.”
    - Jack Kerouac; On The Road

She's beautiful!

Your friend couldn't have picked a better fitting name for the cutie pie!

Huney, Bon & Simba-missed so very much
    Remembering all the Rainbow Bridge Pets

I agree....adorable doggie, perfect name and one very responsible, devoted and loving new Mom!! Oh, she's such a cutie pie!! Congratulations!!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

OMG!!! She’s so pretty! I’m in love! I hope to see a lot more of Cashew. Come on KC, it’s really fun here!

OMG! I just love her!! She is adorable!! I have a soft spot for scruffy dogs!

She is just adorable!!! I think I need a littler dog too, yeah right!

"That they may have a little peace, even the best
    dogs are compelled to snarl occasionally."
    --William Feather

Cashew! You are such a darling. What a treasure you are to your new family. I hope your new Mom joins PT and keeps us in full supply of pictures of your new life!
    There is something about the presence of a cat... that seems to take the bite out of being alone. ~Louis J. Camuti