Thread: does your pet sing?

does your pet sing?

Do kitties sing? Mine does!

For one thing, my landlord babysits my cat for me when I travel. When I come back, he will say that when he comes into my apartment to visit her, she will sit on his lap and "sing" for a little while. It took me a few minutes to figure out that he is trying to say that she purrs for him. He is an older gentleman from Indiana and that must be a regional expression he is using. I had never heard it before, but I love it!

Secondly, as mentioned in the thread I started under "Cat Behavior", my kitty vocalizes a LOT. Some of these sounds are so lyrical that I like to think of them as her "music".

Finally--when I sing, my kitty has a COW! I want to tell her, "Now, really, Julie (meow!), is my voice really THAT bad?" She gets right in my face (literally putting her face up to mine) and just meows and meows when I try to practice my singing lessons. Funny, huh?
    MARTHA and Chloe
    My Sweet Tortie Posy
    (and a real Nosy Parker to boot)

IN MEMORIAM 3-29-07
    Julie the California Calico Princess
    "I'll be seeing you over the rainbow..."

my dog doesn't sing. but my hermit crabs make noises at night. (but thoses sounds are distress noises. )
    Kari (me), Kiera (B&T Coonhound), Jesse (cocker), Jada (Ball Python), Derek (Betta)

Add Glitter to your Photos

~Kari~

My cats don't sing...but they have certain meows for everything. Ron has a "hello" meow. A "feed me" meow. A "let me outside" meow. A "stay away" meow. And a "clean my litter box" meow. Raven rarely meows. Every once in a while, if she hasn't seen us all day.

My dogs sing.

Of course my pets sing! They are birdies and birdies can sing better than any other species. Its their hobby and morning ritual!

Sierra (the Sable) is VERY VERY Vocal, when I come home, when she needs to go outside, when a firetruck passes the house, when I let her out of her crate.... I sometimes wonder what the neighbors think!!!
    ~Angie, Sierra & Buddy
    **Don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die!**

I suffer from multiple Shepherd syndrome

Tikeya, Cheeko and spring all sing

Tikeya sings cuz she is a siberian husky and they love the sound of their voice.
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

My dog sings. its like a high pitch coo. its hysterical- he sounds like a wookie
    Attached Images Attached Images  

"Welcome to where time stands still, no one leaves and no one will"

omg that dal is soo fricking cute!!!! welcome to pet talk
    Rainbowbridge- Tikeya 'forever loved'
    Owned By Luna, Prudence, and Raven

Thank you! Hes 9wks in the picture but hes 7months now- i just havent had time to get more pics on the computer

"Welcome to where time stands still, no one leaves and no one will"

Both my GSDs sing and talk....the breed is known for it! Killian always howls at sirens and Shiloh tries to. Now, after all these years, Killian has added Shiloh noises to his howl and Shiloh is still trying to imitate Killian (she's not as good at it as Killi). LOL Boy are they a pair! Can't watch COPS without muting the sound.
    My first GSD used to sing with me and imitate the fluctuations in the pitch. It was hilarious. If there were Cute Pet Tricks back then, he would have been on it!!! LOL
    Save a life, ADOPT!!
    Sue

Rainbow Bridge Angels: Thor, Shiloh and Killian, Avalanche and Wolf
    (RB Gaylord and Bandit, fosters who have touched my heart)

My dogs sing the "sad song" every time I leave the house, and they sing the "happy song" every time I come home. And you can definately tell the difference.
    "We give dogs the time we can spare, the space we can spare and the love we can spare. And in return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made" - M. Facklam

"We are raised to honor all the wrong explorers and discoverers - thieves planting flags, murderers carrying crosses. Let us at last praise the colonizers of dreams."- P.S. Beagle

"All that is gold does not glitter, Not all those who wander are lost; The old that is strong does not wither, Deep roots are not reached by the frost. From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king." - J.R.R. Tolkien

Milly sings.. only if we get her going.
    They call it rooing!

does your pet sing

my cockatiels sing .i can't name all their happy little tunes but they have one that i recognise , and that is- mary had a little lamb . my frogs sing all the frog songs they know , i don't know what their songs are called but they are a nice sound in my greenhouse .

What we sing...

Zachary the Beagle and I have been singing "It's Five O-Clock Somewhere" lately, but usually we sing "Fruitcakes" or "Margaritaville"...

Or...you might catch us humming "Yellow Submarine" and we are not too sure why....
    Abby The Spotty Girl