Thread: It never ends....

It never ends....

Well, poor little Casper has a bad eye infection AGAIN... so we are going through the Terramycin like crazy!

Also, Newton and the newest rescue, Timmy have something major going on with their SKIN!!! It is NOT good! Big scaly itchy patches, no fur, just plain yuck!!! Why do I since that Timmy has brought something else into the clan! Oh my, here we go again!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

Oh no! You poor thing! Its amazing how fast that stuff spreads.

Maybe you could keep giving all the rescues the Terramycin every day, to ward off any of the others getting it too?

As for the skin thing, what do you think it is?
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

You should get the skin problem checked out and make sure it's not ringworm! It's highly contagious to animals and humans.
    Trap-Neuter-Return (TNR) is a full management plan in which stray and feral cats already living outdoors in cities, towns, and rural areas are humanely trapped, then evaluated, vaccinated, and sterilized by veterinarians. Kittens and tame cats are adopted into good homes. Healthy adult cats too wild to be adopted are returned to their familiar habitat under the lifelong care of volunteers

Scaly, itchy patches with fur loss does sound a lot like ringworm. You should act on it quickly to keep it from spreading to everyone. I went through a bought of it when we brought Jazz home last Aug. and it took a good month of her in quarantine and medicine (both oral and topical) before it cleared up. That is one fungus I don't want to deal with again. Good luck. I'll be anxious to hear what you find out about it.

From Decker with Love

Oh no, Kim. I sure hope you find out what the skin condition is quickly so they don't all get it. I have no experience with ringworm, but it certainly doesn't sound like something you want to deal with in all of them.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Kim,

There's are homeopathic eye drops that Leslie used on Mindy when she first got her from the shelter. She put them in her eyes every hour for 24 hours and it got rid of it pretty fast. Alot faster then the Terramyacin. Besides, I was told by the vet tech at the shelter that Terramyacin isn't good for kittens. As soon as I get ahold of Leslies and find out the name, I'll PM you with it.

Good luck!!

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Good luck, Kim. I hope it's not as stressful as the last lot of meds you were dispensing, you poor thing Hugs to little Casper
    Nicole, Mini, Jasmine, Pickles, Tabasco, Schnaggles and Buffy

Just spoke with my Vet's office ... I have a 4:00pm appointment today. I will let you all know what I find out! Finger and paws crossed, and prayer request please!!!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

All fingers and paws are crossed here for you Kim.
    Rosemary, Hayley & Mandy

Our little angel.

"A kitten is a rosebud in the garden of the Animal Kingdom"
    -Robert Southey