Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Micah's Vet Visit today

Micah's Vet Visit today

Well, it sure was interesting. Turns out my homeopathic vet also is a spiritual healer. Yea...I'll let you use your imaginations on how interesting that 1.5 hours was.

While I'm not discounting him or his methods, it seemed pretty basic to me. He was using "tuning rods" to "talk" to his "guide" and actually answered some very interesting questions about Micah vs. our other cats.

Here are a few things I learned:

*Micah is a space cat...this means he has a higher frequency of emotion and intellect than our other five. In normal terms? It confirmed that he is much different than they are...SO TRUE!! It also revealed that NOAH has been picking on Micah lately (most likely cause Micah has been getting his special food in the bathroom). The vet said that Micah doesn't mind Noah being a meanie to him..that is REALLY true.

*Micah doesn't feel sick! Micah is happy and he feels connected to me. That really warmed my heart.

*Micah's gums are what hurt him. He didn't say how to make that go away, but I assume that with the diet he'll be on, it'll heal that as well.

*He said that Livvy has some back pain and arthritus. He said he could heal her too, but I'll wait to see how Micah does.

*As far as Micah's food, he needs to alternate between Innova and a raw diet.

*He gave Micah a homeopathic remedy (there) for chronic diarreah and did some spiritual thing where Micah could take the healing energy from this guy. During that part, Micah was trying to get back in his carrier, I had to bite my lip not to laugh.

*He sent us home with an immune system helper called glutasyn...I think that's it, its hard to read his writing.

All in all, it was very strange. We'll see what happens...

You all know I'm a really strict Christian so this experience was really odd for me. He did spiritual readings on me as well, which I was really openminded to, I didn't want to offend him. He told me I DON'T have crohn's, but he thought that maybe his "spiritual guide" may have not understood the term. That part of the visit kind of blew the whole thing for me... I just hope I didn't waste all that money.

Anyway, I'll be sure and keep you all updated.
    ...RIP, our sweet Gini...

Re: Micah's Vet Visit today

Originally posted by NoahsMommy
    He gave Micah a homeopathic remedy (there) for chronic diarreah and did some spiritual thing where Micah could take the healing energy from this guy. During that part, Micah was trying to get back in his carrier, I had to bite my lip not to laugh. [/COLOR]
    Hmmmmmm, I'm a Christian too but I also believe in Angels and Spirit Guides and stuff, and I've even had a reading done on me....but....this does sound a little off the wall even for me. I would have a hard time keeping a straight face. Interesting what he said about Livvy. Did he happen to mention how the healing would be done??

BTW, what's a turning rod???
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand and strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming WOO HOO - What a Ride!
    --unknown

Sometimes the most real things in the world are the things we can't see
    --Polar Express

Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Re: Re: Micah's Vet Visit today

Originally posted by slick
    Hmmmmmm, I'm a Christian too but I also believe in Angels and Spirit Guides and stuff, and I've even had a reading done on me....but....this does sound a little off the wall even for me. I would have a hard time keeping a straight face. Interesting what he said about Livvy. Did he happen to mention how the healing would be done??

BTW, what's a turning rod???
    I do too. He actually said that I personally have two spiritual guides and one is an Angel. I thought that was cool.

I think that was what they were called. Its those metal rods you hold in your hand and they turn towards water. Do you know what I'm talking about?

Mmm, certainly sounds an interesting visit.

Though if it works, don't knock it.

Kelly,

I say take the "wait and see" attitude. Keep an eye on Micah in the meantime. If the visit helped, then it was probably worth the money.

Good luck!

Hugs and head bumpies from me and my crew.
    Last edited by moosmom; 08-06-2003 at 12:06 PM.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Originally posted by moosmom
    Naomi,

I say take the "wait and see" attitude. Keep an eye on Micah in the meantime. If the visit helped, then it was probably worth the money.

Good luck!

Hugs and head bumpies from me and my crew.
    Donna....I'm Kelly.

Yes, that's what I'm doing, just waiting and seeing how he's doing. He's in the litterbox right now, I'll have to go investigate soon... ewww!

Yep, sounds like an interesting visit. Seeing as you're in California, I'm not surprised at all.

I'm not sure how much of all that sort of stuff I believe, but it's always interesting to listen to people like that. They always show me a whole other world that is out there. I have a friend who lives in Phoenix now who would love to meet this vet. She had fibroid tumors and tried everything under the sun to get rid of them. She's a vegetarian and what I would call a naturalist and doesn't like messing her body up with all sorts of man-made drugs so the first options from the doctor weren't even options to her. After many many months, many dollars spent out that the insurance wouldn't cover ("experimental") and lots of pain and anguish on her end, she ended up having a hysterectomy (sp?) at 42 years old. But she really learned a lot and continues with some of the stuff she learned to this day. It's supposedly making her healthier so she'll live longer - and she needs all the help she can get because she smokes - so much for not introducing "foreign" things into her body.

Anyway, I hope Micah gets better. That's the whole point of all this and I sure hope it works. Although he's really looking good these days anyway.
    Tubby
    Spring 1986 - Dec. 11, 2004
    RIP Big Boy
    -----------
    Peanut
    Fall 1988 - Jan. 24, 2007
    RIP Snotty Girl
    -----------
    Robin
    Fall 1997 - Oct. 6, 2012
    RIP Sweet Monkeyhead Girl

Well, I`m not sure if I believe in that sort of thing - just been reading Cat Talk by Sonya Fitzpatrick, though she isn`t a vet but does claim to be able to communicate with animals... Anyway, I think it was/is worth a try, and I sure hope it works for gorgeous Micah, the mini mountain lion!

Hugs

ha ha, Only in California, I know....

T&P's mom....he DID give me the phone number of HIS spiritual guide, Jane. I can pass that on to you to give to your friend if you want.

I was just telling someone in a PM that he never addressed the food question. I had to bring it up....and even then, it was at the very end right before I paid him. He is a vet, he has M.S., V.M.D. after his name and was recommended by the Homeopathic Veterinary Board. I just thought that was odd. He said Innova was the best "FOR MICAH" and mixing raw was just healthier.

Hmmm.....

Umm....getting a little worried. I posted the same thing I did here at the IBD cat list on yahoo and they are really alarmed about Micah's gums.

The vet asked his "spirit guide" if Micah had some really long word, but it had Stomatitis in it. The guide said NO!

But, about three people on the other IBD site say to look out for that. Should I go back to our regular vet and have him checked for that too? When they saw his gums last time, (they weren't this inflammed) they said that it was due to the inflammation in his intestines and he'd need to come in for cleanings once a year. That was it.

Anyone know anything about stomatitis?

This is driving me crazy...I feel so alone in this. I don't know what to do, who to believe. I just want to help my cat get better and live a normal life!!!!

Do a search on the internet for stomatitis. There's a lot of info out there about it. Apparently it is a chronic illness. Last year when I first got Jazz from the shelter she had multiple problems - URI, ringworm, tapeworm and earmites. The vet also feared stomatitis since her gums were inflamed and she had severe gas so he prescribed antibiotics. Once everything cleared up so did the gum problem and gas. She had another flare with the URI and inflamed gums a few months later but once that was cured we haven't had a problem since and that was last Dec. (knock on wood).

From Decker with Love

What a bizarre day for you But then again, in my last job we used to get a healer in every couple of months to give us readings

Gosh, you've been given a lot of information lately and it would be easy to feel bogged down and confused. Keep going and good luck for your space boy
    Nicole, Mini, Jasmine, Pickles, Tabasco, Schnaggles and Buffy

Kelly, you sure had a very interesting meeting. I don't know if I'd believe everything either. I just hope that this visit helped Micah and that his new diet will too. I know that I've heard that Aby's are prone to gum problems but I've never heard of stomatitis before. When I took my Sunny in to have his teeth cleaned the vet wrote down that his gums were inflamed and he had some gingivitus. As you know he's only half aby. Good luck and please keep us updated on Micah's condition.

That really sounds like an amazing day...hopefully you'll find out soon wether this holistic vet might help!!!
    Sometimes a different approach can do miracles!!!
    But nevertheless I would always keep close contact with a common vet...

I am a Reiki practioner, too and when I started this I really doubted it and thought it might be hocus-pocus, but soon I've learned that there's maybe more than meets the eye...(although there might be a lot of spiritual nuts out there, who promise you the world and more)...
    I've never done a miracle, but it has often helped me with Nellie and friends and family (two legged and four legged)...

So hopefully it will work for Micah, too!!!

Paws and fingers crossed here!!!
    You have learned enough to see that cats are much like you and me. ( T.S. Eliot)

Originally posted by bisi.cat
    That really sounds like an amazing day...hopefully you'll find out soon wether this holistic vet might help!!!
    Sometimes a different approach can do miracles!!!
    But nevertheless I would always keep close contact with a common vet...

I am a Reiki practioner, too and when I started this I really doubted it and thought it might be hocus-pocus, but soon I've learned that there's maybe more than meets the eye...(although there might be a lot of spiritual nuts out there, who promise you the world and more)...
    I've never done a miracle, but it has often helped me with Nellie and friends and family (two legged and four legged)...

So hopefully it will work for Micah, too!!!

Paws and fingers crossed here!!!
    Hi bisi.cat,
    What does a Reiki practioner do?