Thread: Cat crisis in the Toronto Humane Society

Cat crisis in the Toronto Humane Society

The Toronto Humane Society is in a crisis situation with respect to the number of cats and kittens in its care. Currently the Toronto Humane Society has close to 500 cats and kittens in its care and over 250 cats and kittens are being cared for in foster homes.
    In an effort to find homes for these cats and kittens the Toronto Humane Society has dramatically reduced its adoption fees. Until the overcrowding conditions are under control cats and kittens will be adopted for only $25 (reduced from $95). I voulnteer at the Toronto Humane Society grooming cats couple times a week and I see alot of cats that are there because there owner give them up for some reason and lots of them are strays. Some of the cats are returned for some reason. The kittens are adopted out first and the older cats are left behind. The senior cats need homes especially so they can retired too. I know there is someone looking for older cats and would like to have one, which we got alot looking for forever homes. Is there anyone from Toronto or live near, come down to shelter and see all the cats that are looking for homes or check out the website at Toronto Humane Society Here are some cats are are waiting for homes,

Last edited by In_love_with_cats; 07-28-2003 at 05:44 PM.

I can't see your pictures just red crosses ??

Oh what scared little faces .... on such beautiful kitties!!! I sure hope these babies get new homes and SOON! We are having the same type crisis in my area... that is one reason I can't find homes for my crew ..... all of the rescues are overcrowded...it's a really sad situation all over!
    Kim Loves Cats and Doggies Too!

They are beautiful! Our SPCA has an over flow of cat now as well. A friend of mine has been feeding a stray outside her basement apartment and the landlord says she has to get rid of it. She is unable to take this cat herself because she is already over her limit. When she called the SPCA they told her they were unable to take him because they don't have the room. Needless to say my friend is still feeding "Timmy".
    Rosemary, Hayley & Mandy

Our little angel.

"A kitten is a rosebud in the garden of the Animal Kingdom"
    -Robert Southey

I'll let a friend of mine in Toronto know..

Poor kitties. I hope they find homes soon.
    ~Kimmy, Zam, Logan, Raptor, Nimrod, Mei, Jasper, Esme, & Lucy Inara
    RIP Kia, Chipper, Morla, & June

Yes, please do. I would really appreciate that. These cats need forever homes and they would be happy if they found a owner to take them home with them.

Mae (ID Number A063600) F, Tortie, DSH Mix, 8 years. She is very friendly, quiet and sweet. Like attention and having her head petted.

Panda (ID Number A063630) NM, Black/white DSH 12YRS. Affectionate boy, gentle guy who just loves any attention he can get.

Johnny (ID Number (Ao64037) NM Black/white, DSH, 1OYRS. Gentle boy, friendly and just loves being petted and groomed. Likes tummy rubs.

Chase (ID Number A066452) NM Gray/white DSH 6YRS. Very shy and quiet, needs lots of TLC.

Max (ID Number A066685) NM BLack/white DSH 9YRS. Quiet boy, very sweet and gentle. and there are many more cats up for adoption.

Is there anyone from Toronto or live near Toronto, please reply. All cats and kittens are $25, reduced from $95. Two cats in one cage, are adopted out for $25, two for one sale, only if they are adults. Please come by the shelter and check out all the cats/ kittens that are up for adoption. If you are interested in these five cats, please give them a forever home.

One good news, Chase got adopted, just is soo happy, he found a forever home. But the others, are still waiting for there homes. Please come by the shelter and take a look at these cats.

This makes me so upset just to read it ... I don't even know if I would be able to volunteer at a shelter cause I'd be too upset all the time

I really hope these wonderful cats get adopted.

Yes, it is really hard to volunteer at the shelter but there are happy endings and eventually all the older cats get adopted.

thats good to hear