Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ...arrests made at Toronto Humane Society.. UPDATE #14

...arrests made at Toronto Humane Society.. UPDATE #14

FINALLY!!
    I have been waiting for well over a year for this to happen!
    I haven't been able to open my mouth about this, but I'm soooooo relieved that something is FINALLY being done!!

There is a LOT more BS that is going on there, & I have been in full support of the Law bringing those A-holes to justice!! This is a MAJOR step closer to fixing that place and helping the animals in need, & keeping the public safe too!

http://www.cp24.com/servlet/an/local.../?hub=CP24Home
    Last edited by king2005; 12-04-2009 at 02:30 PM.

Absolutely unbelievable!! Lock them up without food and water I say!
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

it's so sad when a "shelter" can't take care of animals. The Memphis Animal Shelter got raided about a month ago and the conditions were even more deplorable. Quite a few animals in there had been deprived food and water for so long they had to be euthenized.

OMG! These stories are awful! Yes, lock them up without food and water too! How do they defend themselves for starving animals they are suppose to be helping?

Special Needs Pets just leave bigger imprints on your heart!

I am horrified when I hear stories like this..

I am so sorry for the stray animals of Toronto and all the other places (everywhere) where this kind of thing happens, more and more these days.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

I am so glad to hear that something is finally being done.

"Happy is the home with at least one cat" - Italian Proverb

Every life should have nine cats. – Anonymous

"I've been frosted."

I just read an update, 4 animals had to be put down because they were in such poor shape. One puppy, 2 cats and 1 racoon. I'm so sorry little ones, but you're in a better place now.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

There is no excuse for an establishment dedicated to helping animals in need to deny those animals their basic needs. What a horrible situation! One thing that really bothers me in the article is that a veterinarian is part of the neglect. If he is guilty revoke his license. Please let us know how this plays out?
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

I am so sorry and sickened to learn of this. This is much worse than animals just being ignored and mistreated by the general public. This is people supposedly in a position of trust and responsibility abusing that trust and responsibility, to the dire misfortune of the animals who need the help so much.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

OMG it just got much worse!!!

Official calls animal shelter 'house of horrors'; reports finding mummified cat

http://www.cp24.com/servlet/an/local.../?hub=CP24Home

Right now I'm sick to my stomach after reading this latest report I have way to much respect for my fellow PTers to say what's really on my mind right now but fill in your own expletives. Please excuse me, I need to go hug my cat Groucho. I'm praying many prayers for those poor animals.
    FIND A PURPOSE IN LIFE.....BE A BAD EXAMPLE

That is wonderful news!!! I wish our system worked as good as the Canadian system does.

Rest In Peace Casey (Bubba Dude) Your paw print will remain on my heart forever. 12/02
    Mollie Rose, you were there for me through good times and in bad, from the beginning.Your passing will leave a hole in my heart.We will be together "One Fine Day". 1994-2009
    MooShoo,you left me too soon.I wasn't ready.Know that you were my soulmate and have left me broken hearted.I loved you like no other. 1999 - 2010See you again "ONE FINE DAY"
    Maya Linn, my heart is broken. The day your beautiful blue eyes went blind was the worst day of my life.I only wish I could've done something.I'll miss your "premium" purr and our little "conversations". 1997-2013 See you again "ONE FINE DAY"

DO NOT BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE!!

Quote Originally Posted by moosmom View Post
    That is wonderful news!!! I wish our system worked as good as the Canadian system does.
    Our OSPCA (Ontario SPCA...) is quite good & they don't take ****. When I had to deal with them, they were VERY serious, but polite & friendly too. They quickly realized that a false Report was made on me and the guy ended up chatting with me and hasn't bothered me since. Sure I'm NOT happy I was put into the system, but they responded FAST and found me very quickly (not like it was hard lol).

Back home the OSPCA (its partnered with L.A.W.S....Lanark Animal Welfare Society) worked on a sensitive case for quite some time. They knew what was going on, but they couldn't act on it until they had solid evidence. They worked hard for a yr to get what they needed to raid the house. When they did it was horrific! I don't remember all the details, but there was just under 100 Golden Retrievers crammed into the house & they were ALL related (inbreeding like you haven't seen before), fed bread in the wrappers, never saw the day of light, lived in their feces, and hard to fight and kill others to eat (they were eating the weaker dog). All the dogs were accessed on the premises & some had to be put down (obvious reasons) ASAP. Most were accessed later for temperament. The crazy ones and down right aggressive ones were put down. Many with minor issues that they believe could be corrected with training were then given a more indepth health check. The ones that failed were put down (they were really really really ill) & the ones that had a chance at surviving with treatments and love were fostered across Canada & possibly the USA. They were really strict not to put down a dog that had a chance of a normal life. From what I heard nearly all the dogs fostered out didn't come back. Only a couple came back as they had sever aggression issues (they were unstable) and were accessed again & put down as they were crazy.

Our system is good, but it can always be better of course. But with the OSPCA stomping on the THS I know things will get better. I just hope new laws will be created becuase of this. Everyone had GREAT respect for the THS and many people donate to them regularly, so there will be a public outcry for change.

The THS even has it's own tv show. Not sure if it's still on the air, but it was when I was a teen.

This is the article I was waiting to read. Ok it's horrible, but it's about time they found that Bandit was still alive & still aggressive. There is more to Bandit then the story says, & I'm waiting for that to be released next. As much as I LOVE animals, Bandit needs to be PTS NOW!

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...rticle1379941/

I looked at the pic gallery. Just made me sick...Trow must have his head on another planet. I hope they do toxicology tests on him!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda