Thread: Pet Odor

Pet Odor

What do you guys....err. sorry girls recommend for removing doggie smells out of carpets??

Definitely OdoBan. It can be found at Sam's Club. That stuff works great.

Do you mean after an accident, or in general??

After an accident, I clean the spot with Woolite pet stain remover, and then spray with Arm and Hammer foam (for pets, of course). If the spot is real bad, I also use Nature's Miracle.
    I just bought a Bissel spot remover--a handheld little steam cleaner to extract spots from the carpet--but I haven't had to use it yet.

I also use Arm and Hammer powder that I put down before I vaccuum--works very well.
    Emily, Kito, Abbey, Riley, and Jada

Chloe has accidents a WHOLE lot, so it took us a while to find a good cleaner, but finally we found Woolite Oxy Deep. I swear by that stuff! It's awesome. And it takes care of odors in general, too. Oh, and so does Febreeze! Not for stains so much, but for odors. I LOVE that stuff! It's a miracle!
    -Amanda-
    Fur Mommy to Chloe, Clara, Dozer, and Max!

And mommy to my two little angels in heaven Scooter (1-07-04) and Dexter (1-13-04)

For urine, feces or vomit? Simple Solution or Nature's Miracle. They seem to be the only thing that actually removes the odors instead of masking them. For D. O.? Febreeze.

D.O. indeed-perish the thought- it's their house-if visitors say your house smells like dog-big deal they don't live there. Besides doggy smell in a house means the house is full of love. If it's a boo boo then Nature's Miracle works wonders!! and Plug ins help too.
    Artists and dogs are not meant to be understood;merely adored!!!

Shout and baking soda.
    I've been BOO'd!

I have actually been complimented by several people on how nice my house smells--just last week a coworker of mine was over, and she has no pets, and she couldn't believe that there was no dog smell!!!
    I have plug ins and candles all over, and I spray febreze on the furniture, carpets, curtains, and lampshades a few times a week.

I also have a husband who is obsessive about a clean house, so that helps too

Originally posted by lovemyshiba

I have plug ins and candles all over, and I spray febreze on the furniture, carpets, curtains, and lampshades a few times a week.
    I've been told that febreeze is no good My aunt used it on her carpets and curtains, and the next day there was a slimy film everywhere. She had her carpets cleaned, everything, and nothing got it out. So she had to get new carpets and curtains.

It works fine for you? I was considering getting it until she told me that....I'd really like something to help with my stinky room Perfumes only mix with its yucky smell and make it worse lol.
    I've been BOO'd!

I have never had a problem with it.
    You could always get some, and try it in a small spot (like on the floor in your closet or something), and see what happens.