Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ti and Miley tangle AGAIN!

Ti and Miley tangle AGAIN!

I arrived home tonight, only to find that Ti had opened the door to the room where Miley was placed. I had tried to secure the door with an eye hook lock last night, but I didn't want to hammer late in the evening....so I let it go. Ti has figured out how to open doors by hanging on the doornobs.

I came home to find cat poop all over the futon cover (thank goodness the futon was covered with several layers of bedding) and Miley up at the very top of the kitchen cabinets, scared to death. It appeared to have happened earlier in the day, as most of the mess was dried.

Miley will not come down and can't be touched without hissing. I am so torn as to what to do with these two cats. Should I just let them fight it out? Gosh, how bad could it get? Shall I give Ti away?

I am downloading some photos I took last night, some nice ones of Juni and Miley playing on the bed.... and also a couple of what I found when I arrived home tonight. As soon as I finish, I will paste them here.

I am at witts end right now. The house just stinks to high heavens, much like a bad animal shelter.... Ti has dried something all over him....I finally washed his side, belly and tail. Miley will have to wait to be inspected. I am really confused now. I wonder how much more Miley can take without going off the deep end!

Help!

no downloads, but attachments

Miley and Juni

the real aftermath

This is what I found when I got home tonight...

Wow, you really are in quite the predicament, i am sorry to say. I am glad that Miley and Juni are friends, though. It does my heart good to see the two of them on the bed together...Miley needs that, for sure. Thank goodness for sweet Juni Rose!!! It just boggles the mind on how she can get along with Juni, and on the other hand, she and Ti cant seem to mend their pieces together!!

I know when i had to make the decision to rehome Gabe, due to my circumstances...i was totally stressed all of the time. I loved him too much, ya know. I suppose if you rehomed him, Miley would benefit, but would Juni crave his attention and miss him too much? It is so hard to know the right thing to do. I will send up some prayers that you feel led to make whatever decision you need to, so you dont have doubts.

((((HUGS))))) Sallyanne!!

Oh dear I was hoping that there wouldn't be another "episode." You have done SO MUCH to try and work through this. I really wish (and you probably do too) that you had a surveillance camera. Maybe it would give a clue as to what "signals" Ti and Miley might be sending to each other and just what it is that triggers these sessions. That might give you some insight that you don't currently have. Then again I guess it doesn't matter what the trigger is. The bottom line is that they just can't seem to see eye to eye. Sallyanne I am worried about the stress all of this is causing you too. I have no answers, but I think Robyn has a good point here that prayers should be going up for wisdom for you to know what to do. I wish I could do something or offer a suggestion but I am as sad and confused as you are. (((hugs)))

I too was hoping that this wouldn't happen again. I don't know what I would do at this point. I can only say that you are the only one who can make a decision and that I send hugs to you all. Has your vet got any advice ? Kitty Prozac for Ti and or Miley ? Please let us know how Miley recovers from this last altercation.

I had a similar situation with Corkscrew and my roommates cat Sasha. Sasha was just terrified of Corkscrew, the only time she felt safe was when she was locked up in the bedroom. We lived together for 2 years and she never got over it. Just the sight of Corkscrew was enough to make her start screaming and hissing. She lost a lot of weight and somedays was so stressed out she couldn't poop. When I went to visit her at her new place (my roommate and I both moved into seperate apts.) she was like a whole new cat. I couldn't belive it was the same cat that I lived with for two years. She was so sweet and playful and very happy. So I learned that sometimes cats just don't get over it. But I wish you the best of luck with whatever you decide.
    I've been Defrosted!

Thanks for the great signature Kay!

Oh no! Poor Miley! Naughty Ti!
    I hope you can get some sleep tonight.
    I will have to check back here tomorrow and hope that things improve.
    RIP sweet Samantha
    6/26/88-8/28/08
    ----------------------------

Milly & Izzy

Poor Miley girl!
    Good luck in whatever you decide.
    Hugs to all of you!
    Keeganhttp://www.dogster.com/dogs/256612 9/28/2001 to June 9, 2012
    Kylie http://www.catster.com/cats/256617 (June 2000 to 5/19/2012)
    Kloe http://www.catster.com/cats/256619
    "we as American's have forgotten we can agree to disagree"
    Kylie the Queen, Keegan the Princess, entertained by Kloe the court Jester
    Godspeed Phred and Gini you will be missed more than you ever know..

Sallyanne, I'm so sorry to hear that you had another episode with Ti and Miley. Have you ever thought of talking to an animal behaviorist? Maybe someone like this could give you some information that will help you with Ti and Miley. I sure hope that things will work out in the end. Good luck. Please take care.

WOW! If that poop is from being scared, poor poor kitty whichever one it was. I would just want to make sure everyone is not hurt. Have you had a chance to look both of them over really good?

I know with dogs there is a medication called ClomaCalm? I wonder if they make something similar for cats?
    Fuzzies for Furries
    Northwest Opossum Society
    Zoology Major
    2 Virginia Opossums, 6 cats, 4 bearded dragons, 1 iguana, 1 red foot tortoise, 1 tripod chihuahua, 5 mice, dubia and hissing cockroaches as well as other misc animals that wander in and out of my home.

Oh Sallyanne, what a shock again. I have no idea what to do. Poor Miley girl. I have never seen a kitty scared like that and I'm afraid I couldn't stand it. And it warms my heart to see her with Juni.

{{{{Hugs}}}}

Miley is tired!

Miley ran to the bed last night at 3 AM and straight under the covers. She is still there. I checked her this morning (yes, I went under the covers, so as to not disturb her too much) and she needs a kitty bath as she stinks of urine but other than that, she didn't seem to have as much dried poop on her as Ti. I had to soak it off Ti. I always thought cats cleaned themselves.

Anyway, I will re-think this situation over the weekend. It is quite obvious that a change needs to take place and soon!

I was up until 1:30 washing bed clothes. They are all fresh and clean now. In the process, while I was spraying air freshener in the air, Juni was under one of the spray sessions and got the junk in her eyes. Well, that led to an interesting and guilt-ridden evening. She was rubbing her eyes all night, meowing.... I tried to rinse her eyes with water but that wasn't something she wanted to do! She is fine today and I will keep MY eyes open to make sure she doesn't exhibit any symptoms from the spray! Yikes.

Maybe I should take up growing African violets!

I am so sorry to hear about Ti and Miley. Please keep us updated.
    Rosemary, Hayley & Mandy

Our little angel.

"A kitten is a rosebud in the garden of the Animal Kingdom"
    -Robert Southey

I don't think anyone can tell you what to do, but based on what you have described over the length of time involved, and all the efforts you have tried to ameliorate the situation, I can only say what I would do in your situation and that would be to make a concerted effort to find Ti another home as soon as possible.
    Last edited by Rachel; 07-15-2003 at 10:19 AM.
    *Until one has loved an animal, a part of ones soul remains unawakened.* Anatole France